GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not assuming it. The girls have admitted to watching it.

They have not admitted to spending copious amounts if time watching it at HOME. We simply don't know where/when they watched...and for how long.

Thank you MyBelle! And good for your state, being proactive!

I wonder if other states have such a program?

Thanks!

Salem

We may not be Beirut but we have our own kind of war going on in America and I feel that the longer that we deny that we are a violent culture, socializing our children to glorify violence and therby normalizing it, we will continue to see this violence and more. We are our own worst enemy that way.

Yeah I agree we DO have our own war going on in America.

I think the big problem in America is that many folks just plain don't like or trust a lot of others in our society. We are NOT a unified culture, we do NOT trust that others will have our true best interests at heart, there are too many ideologically opposing groups and that applies no matter what side of the fence you are on regarding various issues.

The thing is that it is still safe. The problem is that we hear all the news ALL THE TIME. So we only hear the horror of life in huge doses. In the big scheme of things, The amount of people killed in mass shootings is low.

We are a less trusting nation because of the news and all the bombardment of insanity and hate tossed at us each night.

We have become a disconnected world and with that goes empathy for other humans. It is why kids bully each other so horribly online. It is easy and sterile that way.

I hope that wasn't sarcasm. I took it as a genuine request, anyway. Answer given a page back.

My research showed me that there's a few almost universal things pedos say online. I'm not sure if I still have the file, but if you're interested, I can try to dig it up. Or you can read sites like Perverted Justice for yourself. It's pretty heavy going though.
No, it is a genuine request, this is info. I don't know. I was out this afternoon so couldn't respond. In your other post you mentioned something called ALS. What does that stand for? The only ALS I know of is Lou Gehrig's disease.

[modsnip] If you had a child that was showing signs of violence and out of your control, you would have the ability to call the police, who would assess them and if deemed a danger to themselves or others, would be put on a 72 psych hold to be helped, observed, and stabilized.

And yes, the police in your city can and do do the same. Its common practice nation wide. Child Protective Services is called in cases of abuse or neglect by parent to child and AFTER the fact in the case of a psych hold. Child Protective Services is not on standby for that. Ambulances and Police are.

I am on topic, I was responding to your post and declaration that the police could not do anything to help or stop a child exhibiting dangerous behavior. They can and do, especially when a parent calls. Nationwide.
I brought this up on the Ellis Rodgers thread. In CA this is called a 5150. Anyone can call it in. All you have to state is that the person is a danger to themselves or others. It won't be treated as a "welfare check" if you use that language. The police come out and take the person away by ambulance to a psych hospital where a doctor determines if they qualify for a 72 hour involuntary hold. I've been involved in more than one, including my next-door neighbor in the middle of the night.

Linus, that's not entirely true. If you call in and say the person is a danger to themselves or others, they go out and eyeball the person and talk to them. It's not an automatic that they remove the person at that point and take them away in ambulance - they also have to agree, in a short visit, that the person is behaving so irrationally that they can be removed from the home against their will.

Otherwise, we can all imagine the chaos of people calling this stuff in all the time on rational people just for jokes or revenge.

BTW, in the state of Texas last month my niece called this in from another state to report her mother - who was writing very very clearly written suicide notes on her facebook page, and gave away her dogs that day, and hadn't showered in days (Totally unlike her) and the cops came out and said she seemed okay and gave the girl a bit of a warning about abusing this system.

I thought for sure she'd be dead by morning but other friends went out there and physically removed her themselves to take her to their home for the night.

So what I'm saying is, calling this in doesn't automatically result in the person being taken to the hospital.

I brought this up on the Ellis Rodgers thread. In CA this is called a 5150. Anyone can call it in. All you have to state is that the person is a danger to themselves or others. It won't be treated as a "welfare check" if you use that language. The police come out and take the person away by ambulance to a psych hospital where a doctor determines if they qualify for a 72 hour involuntary hold. I've been involved in more than one, including my next-door neighbor in the middle of the night.

Wow. So anyone can call and have someone else taken into custody against their will?

That is scary.

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 12m
Wisconsin girl who was stabbed 19 times has been discharged from the hospital. http://cnn.it/SC9lyn

Amazing. It seems almost too much to hope for that someone stabbed 19 times could be released from the hospital in less than a week. Sounds like she is very much completely physically on the mend. Great for her.

I'm a little disturbed by the family statement though - it reads like an obituary. Seems to me it's best to say thanks so very much for everyone's outporing of caring, she's doing unexpectedly well, we'd like this time to recover in private so she can attempt to continue her life in as normally a way as possible. It's just never a good thing to live life as a child in the spotlight.

I'm especially concerned about this paragraph:

"She has a love for life and the dramatic sparkle of any typical 12 year old girl in her eye. Although the sparkle has dimmed for now, we know that it will be back again brighter than ever because of the amazing support she has worldwide."

Families don't ever seem to realize that life in the public spotlight NEVER works out for the kids. The faster she can get back to a successful private life pursuing her interests, the better. "Amazing worldwide support" is actually a curse.

No, it is a genuine request, this is info. I don't know. I was out this afternoon so couldn't respond. In your other post you mentioned something called ALS. What does that stand for? The only ALS I know of is Lou Gehrig's disease.

It is actually ASL- age sex location

Amazing. It seems almost too much to hope for that someone stabbed 19 times could be released from the hospital in less than a week. Sounds like she is very much completely physically on the mend. Great for her.

I'm a little disturbed by the family statement though - it reads like an obituary. Seems to me it's best to say thanks so very much for everyone's outporing of caring, she's doing unexpectedly well, we'd like this time to recover in private so she can attempt to continue her life in as normally a way as possible. It's just never a good thing to live life as a child in the spotlight.

Really? I thought it was a way to make her daughter seem like more of a little girl, and less of a spectacle. I thought it was a lovely reminder of that. Let's be honest, these things become a media spectacle. At this point, they have to say something. They will be hounded and hounded. I think what they said was wonderful things about a girl who has been through a lot and fought hard.

I think it's inappropriate to judge her parent's words right now, and suggest they aren't doing the right things.

I'm especially concerned about this paragraph:

"She has a love for life and the dramatic sparkle of any typical 12 year old girl in her eye. Although the sparkle has dimmed for now, we know that it will be back again brighter than ever because of the amazing support she has worldwide."

Families don't ever seem to realize that life in the public spotlight NEVER works out for the kids. The faster she can get back to a successful private life pursuing her interests, the better. "Amazing worldwide support" is actually a curse.

Glad it's not just me, I noticed too the fundraising .. I don't know .. just a little bit too much information in that long bio, and those fundraising things tend to backfire. I'm like you, I'd be keeping it short but sweet and keeping my child as far out of the media as I could.

Really? I thought it was a way to make her daughter seem like more of a little girl, and less of a spectacle. I thought it was a lovely reminder of that. Let's be honest, these things become a media spectacle. At this point, they have to say something. They will be hounded and hounded. I think what they said was wonderful things about a girl who has been through a lot and fought hard.

I think it's inappropriate to judge her parent's words right now, and suggest they aren't doing the right things.

I'n not judging her parents one bit. I'm hoping to God someone gets to them before they cave in and have her on Good Morning America and Dr. Phil and anyone else who will try to profit from her horrific tragedy.

The scavengers are circling, and they have a slick media face so you don't notice what vultures they are, but it's NEVER a good thing to put this child's persona (name and face, which is what the media will want) out in full public view.

If you win the spelling bee, get your 5 minutes of fame and that's all good. Not this case. There are too many people who, if she's made a public fixture, will ALWAYS only see her that way for the rest of her life.

I really pray that her name doesn't become public.

.. I don't know .. just a little bit too much information in that long bio, .

As for TMI, since yesterday, I noticed the parents have taken their first names off the ******** page. Good decision. Way too easy to track the family down in a small town.

It'd be easy to track them down in that town anyway. So they're still getting donations then are they? What for exactly .. medical bills? I think they're going to cash in. I see Dr Phil as the most probable candidate, plus you know .. once he's exploited the girl's story he can offer her free counselling and everyone can feel good about what just occurred for the sake of $$$ and ratings.

I'n not judging her parents one bit. I'm hoping to God someone gets to them before they cave in and have her on Good Morning America and Dr. Phil and anyone else who will try to profit from her horrific tragedy.

The scavengers are circling, and they have a slick media face so you don't notice what vultures they are, but it's NEVER a good thing to put this child's persona (name and face, which is what the media will want) out in full public view.

If you win the spelling bee, get your 5 minutes of fame and that's all good. Not this case. There are too many people who, if she's made a public fixture, will ALWAYS only see her that way for the rest of her life.

I really pray that her name doesn't become public.

What exactly in their statement, is disturbing? Seriously. I can't find a reason why anyone would be disturbed with what they said.

If my child had experienced something like this and they were just fodder for news stories and media spectacle, I think my instinct would be to humanize and remind people this is a person.

I haven't walked in their shoes. I won't be foolish enough to be "disturbed" by a loving parental statement. They are VICTIMS and not up for speculation.

It read like the bio's you see for young models or TV talent.

What exactly in their statement, is disturbing? Seriously. I can't find a reason why anyone would be disturbed with what they said.

If my child had experienced something like this and they were just fodder for news stories and media spectacle, I think my instinct would be to humanize and remind people this is a person.

I haven't walked in their shoes. I won't be foolish enough to be "disturbed" by a loving parental statement. They are VICTIMS and not up for speculation.

When I read that, I can see the train coming. And they're standing right on the tracks.

Everyone already gets that she's a person. Everyone already has incredible sympathy for her - I haven't seen one single person without empathy for her.

I haven't walked in their shoes - but I HAVE seen enough lives ruined by being in the spotlight for being a victim, and it's not positive. And here come the media sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX