CA - Elliot Rodger kills 6, injures 13 in Isla Vista, Near UC Santa Barbara, #3

The father and his son spoke on the phone just 45 minutes before the killer strafed the IV Deli Mart in Isla Vista, Calif., with gunfire from his black BMW.
artinez told HuffPost Live's Marc Lamont Hill that he feels for Rodger's parents, whose son was unable to overcome his mental illness. Martinez said that whatever pain he and his family are feeling is matched by that of the Rodger family."As badly as my family feels and the other families that have suffered from this tragedy, I go down the street and everybody feels sorry for me, everybody offers condolences. Nobody is going to offer condolences to them," Martinez said. "They've lost a son, and not only that, they're devastated by the other people that have died."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/richard-martinez-ucsb-shooting-elliot-rodger_n_5433834.html

Dear Richard Martinez,
We have not met, but you are now part of our extended family. It is not a family we chose, but a family born from the horrible circumstance of losing a child to gun violence—one that’s only growing each day. My heart breaks for you because I know just a little about the long road ahead of you. We have reached out to you privately but publicly we wanted to say to you and those feeling the sorrow, anger and frustration of this weeks' shooting, you are not alone. It has helped me, and some of the other family members who lost children and family at Sandy Hook Elementary, to come together and advocate for common sense solutions to expanding programs for mental wellness and gun safety solutions. You will find your own path down this difficult road. But know that we are here for you and all of you who have been touched by this tragedy. Together we can and will build a safer world for all our children.
With deepest sympathy,
Mark Barden

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...ad-posts-open-letter-to-father-of-ucsb-victim

I saw a guy walking down the street in Pacific Beach today that looked *just* like ER, even short. Irony: guy was flanked by THREE "hot blondes".
I'm quiet, because I had nightmares about this guy. No kidding....

I noted that ER desired hot, blonde women but it struck me that he never (that I recall) focused on any specific woman. So even his fixations were unconnected to a human being. Just an observation.

He mentioned a few by name, but in general he really did seem to refer to women as inanimate acquisitions entitled to the rich. :-/
I noted that ER desired hot, blonde women but it struck me that he never (that I recall) focused on any specific woman. So even his fixations were unconnected to a human being. Just an observation.

The gun control debate belongs in the PP, not here.

Salem

"It's not about what’s in their hand; it’s about what’s in their mind,"

"If guns caused mental illness, then we would treat that; mental illness needs to be treated, and it is not.

...a man with a documented history of mental illness killed six people in Isla Vista, Calif."

..........the conversation has shifted away from changing firearm laws to reforming mental health programs.

the "severely mentally ill" so more people can get treatment before it is too late.

several key areas where federal mental health laws could be changed to improve care for the severely mentally ill who may be at risk of violent behavior.

.....psychiatric bed shortage

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...l-health-care-reform-help-stop-mass-killings/

THIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder when we are going to hear from James Ellis, and a few other "childhood" friends of his. Appears ABC has the green-light to buy the interviews ( famous for the Casey Anthony defense/photos).

I recall someone close stating that "he could not believe/recognize that person - the one delivering the final day of retribution video narrative, as Elliot never spoke."

This is a kid who could not understand the theory of man and woman and relationships. His roomie, Horowitz? He had come to grips with it... the result of "you get what you look like" is something to that effect... (e.g.: a sloppy, beef jerky eating husky kid who plays video games all day, and smokes - that profile (person) would not ever be able to date a tanned, toned, tall, blonde, who is the second highest scorer on the girl's lacrosse team, dances ballet, is a vegan, and reads books, runs, and does yoga.

To some , these are the unfortunate facts of life.

One more:

An average sized male, who is attractive, plays sports, drives an OK car, is short (5.y, relatively speaking), has an incredible sense of humor, but no special talent, or hobby other than being a FAN of Ultimate Fighting championship and the local sports teams.

Will not mesh with

A blonde ( obvi, just keeping the hair color relevant), average height, zero sense of humor, no charisma, extremely attractive, no interests other than looking in the mirror and taking care of her body.

Rule Exception # 14-f-3
The male above may be able to get either of the aforementioned blondes if:
he is a talented musician ( the lyle Lovett rule)
etc...

Sorry if the rambling is diluting the message, is there is one (>)

Luv ya,
G

Do you have the link about ABC buying interview rights from James Ellis and his friends.

I can't stand her.
I am so glad he is going to talk. IMO the world will see how little resources are out there - the roadblocks to getting meaningfull help -

and dont forget these folks had money ....imagine what it is like for those who do not

I hope stepmom talks too

This wasn't mental illness this was sheer hatred and determination, his own personal Dday.

Elliott's father is going to do an interview with Barbara Walters. Apparently she is coming out of retirement for this, and he requested her. Should be interesting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/barbara-walters-interview-father-ucsb-killer-article-1.1822653

Thanks for the news, Jinkasaurus.

I'm really sorry to read this. For me, it takes the issues of this horrible tragedy down the wrong road. That said, I might guess that Peter Rodger felt BW would bring the greatest audience for whatever he has to say.

Far more informative would be an interview with both Mr Rodger and Mr Martinez, together with a well-chosen panel of mental health care pros.

Ah well...were the world mine <-- fave movie reference.

~jmo~

I am 'acquainted' with the mother of one of the children ER mentioned in his so-called manifesto. After the tragedy, she said the following:

1. When knowing him as a little boy under 10-yrs old, she thought ER would grow-up to become either a creative genius like Steve Jobs or else a serial killer.

2. Despite what ER reported, there were no Happy Times ever for him.

In compliance with WS TOS, the above is posted as Rumor only. :-/

~fwiw/jmo~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500