GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd stuff one thinks about when one does ironing, ......

Why was Gerard so utterly determined to stay in this marriage?? he tells people this.. counsellor, office staff, Alison, the kids, ....even told the police this yarn.. .

He tells Toni he cant divorce just yet as he cant afford it. He actually couldn't afford to stay married either, so huge were his debts.. He had the ever waiting and ever adoring Toni , who could be fobbed off and manipulated for ever, really. All her deadlines didn't seem to carry much power..

What was the reason for hanging in there?? till it reached murder, I mean.. he could have got out, he could have walked away.. I cant figure out who his real audience was..

When his last resort, presumably Flegg, since no one else has come forward as one of Gerards potential lenders after Flegg , knocked him back, what made him continue with the façade, the play, the scripted stuff, re my business, my wife, etc..??

I am so, so angry about Bwana's comments.

Everything in his testimony was belittling of Allison.
I have come across this 'type' before.

HE, Mr Nigel Gerard Arden (Baden-) Clay thought that his son Gerard pronounced Jerred had married below his station !

I will say no more until I have had a glass of wine....! So as not to be modsnipped !

:tantrum:

Bloody hell, it's when I have a glass of wine (or two) that the snipping starts! :floorlaugh:

I wonder if we will hear from the people OW spoke to when she was on her way to the house?

Mr Baden-Clay Snr said his daughter Olivia, who was visiting from Townsville with her three children, also drove to Gerard's house, but took a different route and stopped along the way to ask people if they had seen Allison.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-3-week-1-20140612-39yck.html#ixzz34Pcq5b21

I am so, so angry about Bwana's comments.

Everything in his testimony was belittling of Allison.
I have come across this 'type' before.

HE, Mr Nigel Gerard Arden (Baden-) Clay thought that his son Gerard pronounced Jerred had married below his station !

I will say no more until I have had a glass of wine....! So as not to be modsnipped !

:tantrum:

I thought it was just the opposite.. that they knew Alison was above their station and they were uncomfortable with it. Perhaps they preferred someone who would be impressed by the double barrel stuff, the dead skulls on the walls, the Army stories, both AU and Rhodesian... someone more common, more ... compliant, ... more impressionable..

I think we have all been relatively well-behaved under the circumstances and deserve lollipops from Marly ;)

Snipped by me for brevity and emphasis...

He said the couple seemed to be happily married in 2012.

huh? going to counselling, his daughter in law working at the office because his sons mistress was fired from there because his daughter in law found out about the affair, the three year affair?? I don't know what ' happily married ' would mean in Nige's lexicon of words, but....

Mr Baden-Clay said he did not talk to his son about the state of his real estate business. huh?? according to the books, Gerard owes Nige over $38,000.00 not including the loan the young brother , Adam , gave to Gerard which Nige paid back to Adam and recycled the loan in to his debt Gerard owed him.. didn't talk about it?

In cross-examination by Michael Byrne QC, for Baden-Clay, Mr Baden-Clay said he was employed as a salesperson in his son’s business and also did the accounts for the business. If Nige did the accounts, he wasn't telling Alison of the real state of the red and black lines in the accounts book. And if he really did do the accounts, he must have known, he couldn't possibly have not known of the state of that business in regards to income and outgo. Not possible for him not to have known. He must have known the extent of Gerards borrowings and payments , if any..

“They didn’t readily share with us any aspects of their marriage or their relationship,” he said.But Gerard did.. he sent an email to everyone in the office, that includes NBC and EBC in regard to Toni's sacking, and the reason for it.. so certainly, Gerard shared a whole lot of aspects of his marriage with Dad and Mum.

In Ben B's statement (?) there was mention of NBC referring to the affair as 'shenanigans', and, oh yeah... he recalled that NBC had such a sharp memory that he liked to play a game of 'guess the address by property description'.

So if GBC didn't discuss business, didn't discuss marriage - what the hell did they discuss because according to BC snr telephone records they managed to find something (?) to discuss almost on a daily basis, sometimes several times a day!!!!

Oh how I hope like crazy if/when Allison's bestie takes the stand she is able to verify what Allison thought of EBC... to ascertain whether her 'confiding' in EBC would be a possible/likely scenario.

MOO

New member but long time reader here. Have finally decided to join. I live about 2 minutes away from where Allison was found, and every time I drive over that bridge, I think of Allison. I didn't know her but I somehow feel I do now - so sad.

I look forward to seeing justice done. It won't bring Allison back, but it will allow the beginning of closure for those who knew and loved her. Good on all you loyal websleuths for keeping an online vigil over the last two years!

I'm not quite sure how I can express my feelings about NBC's answers without using super bad language.

I may calm down soon, and then I'll give my two cents about that twit and his responses.

Waaaaa for some reason I couldn't respond allllll daaaay!

My problem is we can see through it all because we've done research!

How in the hell is the jury supposed to 'see' it all!

How did they see her on the lounge with the curtains drawn , did they barge in or what!
It was her home! She could sit nude on the lounge eating cheesecake if she wanted with the curtains opened!

I'm hoping they've kept best till last because I'm going to *^+*^**+*^ if Geeeerrrraaarrrd walks with 'that woman, Allison's insurance and the children to life a life of luxury!!!

This better get better or I'm gonna.......swear!

Marlywings are we allowed to substitute profanity with the words 'Koppers logs'?

If so... What a bunch of Koppers logs.

I think we have all been relatively well-behaved under the circumstances and deserve lollipops from Marly ;)

Gobstoppers might be safer :floorlaugh:

Intermission:

Ok, fair's fair...here you go, something for everyone....please share....no fighting over them...I am watching ;)

649312-comedy-pick-039-n-039-mix.jpg

Please resume discussion :)

Intermission:

Ok, fair's fair...here you go, something for everyone....please share....no fighting over them...I am watching ;)

LOLLIES! :loveyou: Thanks Marly.

I want the black ones! I want the black ones! :scared: Don't eat the black ones. They're MINE. :loveyou:

Intermission:

I'll have one as long as Allison doesn't get the rough end of that pineapple. ........:) thanks guys :)

that whole statement by NBC just doesn't ring true to me either.. he doesn't remember the doctors name, .. I just cant see Alison ringing Elaine about a problem like this.. .. these are the people who decided to back Toni, who, while Alison was still missing, lost in the bush, gone, arranged to use a covert phone ( according to the police statements who did even more covert phone taps) assisted Gerard in his contact with Ms McHugh...

Their treatment of Alison seemed to be a long term thing..

since the business partners of Gerard were not fooled by the Toni/Gerard thing, it was so obvious to them, I find it hard to believe that Nige and Elaine didn't know about that for years and kept quiet..

IMO the statement "... and that is the manifestation we usually experienced" is dripping with contempt. My opinion only.

Mr Baden-Clay said he was at his son’s house on April 18, 2012 to babysit because he and Allison wanted to “go out for a coffee”.

Mr Baden-Clay said he couldn’t remember what his son and daughter-in-law’s mood was like when they returned because he was “engrossed in a TV show”.

“I think they were only gone for about half an hour, they weren’t that long, half an hour, three-quarters of an hour,” he said.

On April 18 this year, Gerard Baden-Clay Googled "taking the fifth" and "self incrimination"

Mr Baden-Clay said he had been watching The Good Wife on Channel 10 and the episode had mentioned the two laws so when his mother asked what they meant he googled to explain it to her.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-challenged-20121217-2bj9y.html#ixzz34PpRF9Kb

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...ing-wife-allison/story-fnii5v70-1226951597398

Was EBC there babysitting as well or just NBC? To me it reads as though its just NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa