The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 16th June - Trial Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
there certainly is that strong element of adoration in Toni that Tania had for Joe... very very similar in that respect...

where the Joe Korp and the Gerard story part company is. ... Joe had the decency to hang himself when it was inevitable that he would be found guilty of the murder of Maria Korp.. a horrible way to die, too.. locked in the boot of a car for four days in a Melbourne summer heat wave..

I know someone who spent time in jail with her and she was described to me as a really great person who made some really bad choices all because she was so blinded by her love for the wrong man...

I see this in Toni too, except that Tania can see it all for what it was now, where as I think Toni is still in denial about it!

I don't know, but last night I ended up reading a lot of the early threads and someone posted (name began with 'H' from memory) that if it's a circumstantial case put forth by prosecution, GBC will not take the stand. That poster went on further -- wish I'd saved it. Said even if GBC pleads guilty, he would not be required to testify. Damn, I knew I should have saved that post. Not a wasted word and it sounded very professional and knowledgeable. The gist of it was, this isn't tv. There won't be any US-style courtroom theatrics/aggressive cross questioning. If I have time later, I'll try to find it. Anyway, he ruled out the possibility of GBC taking the stand

That would have been Hawkins , laser , from memory

It's a strange thing Makara: I had a post prepared only last week about that bus.
...... does everyone still think that TM has Prosecutorial Immunity?
I guess that wouldn't stop the Defence from still skewing blame towards her.
There may be someone else that the Defence has in their sights as well ....... to take the focus off GBC!
We are yet to find out the significance of the map of TM's apartment which she acknowledged today was in GBC's handwriting.

Was surprised that this court didn't bring up really new info to discuss- I was expecting to hear about the 5th statement that TM made and the details of the diary entries where GBC had belittled Allison. We saw a pic of the layout of Toni's apt but again nothing seemingly came from it apart from it was part of discussion between GBC and Allison. So was surprised how close Toni's testimony was to the comittal hearing.

Thanks for your updates from court also Liaden....much appreciated!

Perhaps her statement #5 involves her alibi.

Would someone mind putting up the link to the photo of the blood stain in the back of the car please.

Here are some pics I saved long ago, when they were first released.

Attachments

• aa1.jpg
    aa1.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 18
  • aa2.jpg
    aa2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 13
  • aa3.jpg
    aa3.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 25
Tell me I'm not the only person who can't stand this smug little smirk she wears each day?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402916860480.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402916860480.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 43
Time for bedtime stories:
Once upon a time, there was a family. They dug a hole. They dug and they dug, and they dug relentlessly, using whatever tools and weapons that they could muster, no matter how primitive, or how low down, or how disgusting or how undignified; without realizing that the very same hole might just be big enough to swallow the whole family.
To be continued ....

AGAIN, the family of Allison was forced to defend their right to sit in court and reserve seats for themselves.

Today a group of three women refused to move to make room for members of the Dickie family and friends. They were asked by family members, Allison's friends, a detective, the Bailiff and Security to move, but to no avail for 20 minutes.

The family members were incredibly stressed by this absolute despicable display of heartlessness, selfishness and downright arrogant attitudes by these three women.

When told that there was room upstairs set aside for direct feed from the trial, one of them was quoted as saying "but there is more atmosphere in here." AND "we have driven a long way to be here today."

Can you believe that this could happen in a murder trial of the victims to the family family? Absolutely disgusting.

Eventually when they were moved by security, they sat behind the BCs and Elaine was seen to turn around and pat one of the women on the knee, as if to say well done.

Then to top it all off they made a formal complaint to security in the lunch break.

I am gobsmacked. And I better stop writing otherwise every other word I write from here on in will be mod snipped.

Cheers.

And it could also be asked - where was Toni while Gerard was murdering his wife? Or in the hours after for that matter?

Am I the only one who thinks that TM knows exactly what happened that night. That she is fully aware that GBC killed Allison and disposed of her body at Kholo Creek Bridge. I'm not saying that she actually had a hand in Allison's murder but knew about it ony a short while later.

you are not alone in that conclusion.. I believe they pillow talked about it.. not that they had much pillow action if you believe either of them, but it seems to me that Alison was their main subject of communion.. no matter that Toni says they rarely spoke about her , that's garbage.. she was on both their minds, and she occupied a position of challenge to them both, in their own ways... inevitably.. phrases like.. gone. just gone.. or. moved on from, .. or leaving.. all euphemisms for the killing of Alison..

he certainly isn't required to testify.. not at any stage.. that is his inviolable right.. and its true, regarding a circumstantial case..

but .. with gerard.. there are the gouges in the face.. the neighbors hearing screams, the thud of the car boot at the Kholo bridge.. the deadline he set to Toni.. the unpaid insurance bill. .. not entirely circumstantial. partly so, as all murder cases usually are, since no one does it at high noon in the main street.. its a secretive thing.. most murder trials are circumstantial..

but I think Gerard will want to take the stand.. I really do.. he will think he can save the day with his 'drive', his 'incredible teaching skills', his 'charisma'...

I think you're right, Trooper. I think against his lawyer's advice he will want to get up there and do the Gerard thing - the consummate public speaker, earnest salesman, grieving soul. It's what he does, and he does it well.

AGAIN, the family of Allison was forced to defend their right to sit in court and reserve seats for themselves.

Today a group of three women refused to move to make room for members of the Dickie family and friends. They were asked by family members, Allison's friends, a detective, the Bailiff and Security to move, but to no avail for 20 minutes.

The family members were incredibly stressed by this absolute despicable display of heartlessness, selfishness and downright arrogant attitudes by these three women.

When told that there was room upstairs set aside for direct feed from the trial, one of them was quoted as saying "but there is more atmosphere in here." AND "we have driven a long way to be here today."

Can you believe that this could happen in a murder trial of the victims to the family family? Absolutely disgusting.

Eventually when they were moved by security, they sat behind the BCs and Elaine was seen to turn around and pat one of the women on the knee, as if to say well done.

Then to top it all off they made a formal complaint to security in the lunch break.

I am gobsmacked. And I better stop writing otherwise every other word I write from here on in will be mod snipped.

Cheers.

How disappointing! :( But BC supporters, what's their game?!!

42 pages in 1 day and the day is not yet over.

Cheers.

That is absolutely deplorable!!

I'd be lodging a formal complaint especially if security was involved.

Telephone (07) 3247 4313 or Facsimile (07) 3247 5316

Email:courtinfo@justice.qld.gov.au

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/contact-us/courthouses

Cheers.

Absolutely disgusting! I'm not a violent person but if I'd been there I would have reefed them by the hair and kicked the *advertiser censored***S into next week! :banghead:

I'm still rolling my eyes at the way NBC inferred Allison's state of mind from the colour of her clothes. He had all weekend to come up with "manifestations" of her depression and that was it?

Oddly enough, when I was doing my student psychology placement my supervisor suggested I wear more colourful clothes around depressed clients. But I've never ever heard of inferring someone's state of mind from the colour of their clothes. The condition of their clothes - yes. The appropriateness of their clothes - yes. But never the colour.

And it could also be asked - where was Toni while Gerard was murdering his wife? Or in the hours after for that matter?

Am I the only one who thinks that TM knows exactly what happened that night. That she is fully aware that GBC killed Allison and disposed of her body at Kholo Creek Bridge. I'm not saying that she actually had a hand in Allison's murder but knew about it ony a short while later.

I actually don't think she knows - well, any more than the rest of us do.

I don't think GBC would have told her, because he doesn't trust her not to (a) hold it over him, and/or (b) fly off the handle and "tell all" next time she doesn't get her way. Even he is smart enough to know that would be dangerous. And anyway, what would he have to gain by telling her?

And from what's been disclosed of their exchanges in the following days, his response to her questioning is vague and evasive, with the odd bit of manipulative "i know you didn't do anything, you know I didn't do anything - right?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53