The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report on Kerrie Anne Walker's testimony...

16 June 2014

A friend told the court the mother-of-three was happy before she died and had arranged to meet her the day she vanished.

Kerry-Anne Walker said she last spoke with her friend in March 2012.

"She was great. In those months before she died she was fantastic," Walker said.

The witness said in 2010 that her friend had confided in her she was having marriage problems and that Gerard had said he did not love her anymore.

The pair exchanged text messages on 19 April 2012, when Walker asked her friend to return some ballgowns she had borrowed.

"Of course! Sorry you had to chase them up. I am in the city all day at the Convention Centre so can drop them off on my way home about 6pm?? Is that OK or do you need them for tomorrow night?? Alx," it read.

Walker said later that evening she replied that would be fine, but received no response.

It was her last communication with Allison.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/16/gerard-baden-clay-calm-cucumber

My thoughts are that someone (prosecutor? Media reporting it?) made a mistake saying she had dinner with Kerrianne that night. She exchanged texts with her, but I have never heard of them having dinner together that night.

In fact, in her testimony which I saw on Monday, Kerianne said the last time she physically saw Allison was in Feb when Allison borrowed the dresses for that real estate event - she only spoke on phone or texted her after that.

Gerard in his interview with the Detectives said it was Wendy (Mollah?).

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 29s

Prof Wells says it would have taken more than one motion to cause those abrasions if you'd done it with a razor. #badenclay

Prof Wells says they were not caused by a sharp object but something with an uneven edge. #badenclay

Prof Wells says fingernail scratches are rarely exactly parallel or involve all four fingers marking the skin. #badenclay

Wow Unfolding that is confusing. Allison texted Kerry about dropping the ballgowns off after the conference.
I remember one of the girls saying along the lines of. Mum opened the door to greet us when we got home.
Im confused now as well :banghead:

The girl said she had dinner at her grandmother’s the night before and was picked up by her father. She said her mother opened the door when they arrived back home.

“I did some homework and she helped me. Then we went to bed,” she said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226950152264

Yeah confusing. Both she did have dinner and she didn't have dinner have been reported. And both mentioned in court? :waitasec:
The dinner with Ms Mollah mustn't have happened, Allison was caught up at hairdressers. She must have gone home, there just wasn't enough time, and Ms Mollah says she had dinner with Allison 3 weeks before she went missing. GBC and girls were at his parents for dinner. jmo

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clays-wife-lover-apart/2285637/

Thanks Prime. I am still confused, as not sure why it would have been stated in court that she did have dinner if in fact she didn't. Got me bewildered. Maybe I missed it being corrected in court?

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 3m

Prof Wells says "it's an unusual site to get a shaving injury". #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 4m

Unusual site for a shaving injury. Normally around neck, mouth. Prof Wells #badenclay

See how the blonde hair is held down and caught in the blood? It couldn't have done that in dry blood. It means it all happened after her hair appointment.

I think you should change your name to Mumma Awesome Web Detective!!!! :) Gosh, if they can match the dye in that hair to her hair when she died, that would be a smoking gun to me.

Report on Wendy Mollah's testimony...

June 12, 2014

Wendy Mollah, a friend of the mother of two, told the court she comforted Ms Baden-Clay at her home after she told her about the affair.

"She said Gerard had told her he had been having an ¬affair with Toni who worked in the office. It had been going on for a period of time," Ms Mollah said.

She said she last saw Ms Baden-Clay about three weeks before she went missing

"She came to dinner at my home, just her and I. She was good, she seemed fine. She was finding it difficult still," Ms Mollah said

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national...y-told-staff-about-affair#wuKjBvgUbIBIPlq5.99

Report on Kerrie Anne Walker's testimony...

16 June 2014

A friend told the court the mother-of-three was happy before she died and had arranged to meet her the day she vanished.

Kerry-Anne Walker said she last spoke with her friend in March 2012.

"She was great. In those months before she died she was fantastic," Walker said.

The witness said in 2010 that her friend had confided in her she was having marriage problems and that Gerard had said he did not love her anymore.

The pair exchanged text messages on 19 April 2012, when Walker asked her friend to return some ballgowns she had borrowed.

"Of course! Sorry you had to chase them up. I am in the city all day at the Convention Centre so can drop them off on my way home about 6pm?? Is that OK or do you need them for tomorrow night?? Alx," it read.

Walker said later that evening she replied that would be fine, but received no response.

It was her last communication with Allison.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/16/gerard-baden-clay-calm-cucumber

Thank you Marlywings, I did a mix up with which friend it was. :)

My thoughts are that someone (prosecutor? Media reporting it?) made a mistake saying she had dinner with Kerrianne that night (Thursday 19th). She exchanged texts with her, but I have never heard of them having dinner together that night in any other material about this case.

In fact, in her testimony which I saw on Monday, Kerianne said the last time she physically saw Allison was in Feb when Allison borrowed the dresses for that real estate event - she only spoke on phone or texted her after that.

Wendy Mollah (a different friend) was asked to have dinner with Allison on Friday 20th, but couldn't make it.

Probably right. WIll leave that one then as she DIDN'T have dinner with friend after the hairdresser. thanks for clearing it up everyone.

Gerard in his interview with the Detectives said it was Wendy (Mollah?).

Wendi in her testimony said Allison asked her to meet for dinner on Friday 20th, but Wendy couldn't make it. Does that tie in with what GBC said? Sorry haven't listened to it all yet (GBC recording) but read it some time ago.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Prof Wells says he believes the injuries on Gerard's neck are bruises. At least two broadly parallel bruises. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 44s

Prof Wells says fingernails or animal claw could cause the injury. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Can't see how the razor could cause the injuries in normal use - Prof Wells #badenclay

Do caterpillars have claws? :dunno:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Prof Wells says injuries on neck are bruises, haven't broken the skin #badenclay

Ooh here's a thought. I wonder if the hairdresser used any products in her hair? Surely. Well Allison probably didn't wash her hair after the hairdresser. They could maybe match any product or conditioner on that hair in the car to what the hairdresser uses.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

Prof Wells says the marks on Gerard's neck could have been caused by objects moving across the skin. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Prof Wells says two fingernails dragged across the skin could have caused the marks. #badenclay

Prof Wells says the injury could have been caused by fingernails over the top of clothing. More likely to get bruise than abrasion.

I get the feeling those police who took that first statement were trying very hard not to laugh at him, because he was just so obvious

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Prof Wells says the injury on Gerard's chest is an area of bruising, appears to have a patterned feature. #badenclay

Prof Wells is pointing out areas of linear bruising. #badenclay

Prof Wells says fingernails applied through fabric could have produced such an injury, but so could an impact, like a fist. #badenclay

Prof Wells says the injury above Gerard's right armpit is an area of bruising due to blunt trauma. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500