GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to say didn't he have a few phones? I seem to recall reading there were a few phones confiscated. Perhaps he had a second phone to contact her?

Its not that difficult to get a cheap prepaid either, they could be none the wiser.

This is the one??

BC-Brookfield-house.png

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

This pic shows how difficult it would be to reverse the Captiva into the carport around the Prado which is parked slightly in front of the Captiva.
GBC said this is what he did. Why did he take the Captiva out to look for Allison and go the the trouble of reversing it in again when the Prado was the easier vehicle to take.

I've never been convinced that GBC would have taken the risk of leaving the girls at the house alone. Just playing devils advocate. Have been trying to figure out how GBC called someone for help that night. The only person that can testify as to what Allison and Olivia talked about that night on the phone was Olivia. What if that call was actually GBC calling Olivia from Allison's phone? I realise it doesn't fit in with the screams though - just putting it out there.

Another phone, thrown away somewhere? I know with prepaids, ID such as driver's licence is required but is there a way to search to find out if someone owned one rather than having the number and asking the telephone company who it belongs to? Potentially it could be in someone else's name too.

That's what I've been wondering too.
Was there anything missing from the home that could have been used to move a body, ie a rug or a tarp etc ?
Allison's Mother noticed the walking into the future picture was gone. Did that ever turn up anywhere ? Was she asked to look through the house to see if anything else was gone that she remembered being there ?
Were the children asked if anything was missing ? Like clothes , footwear etc that belonged to either mum or dad that were not seen after that time.
Like that shirt of dad's he always wore at home....

red bbm

Police had searched long enough, though I wonder have they thought of no longer existing things or only searched, what was to be seen?
Who would have told them, what was missing??

Another phone, thrown away somewhere? I know with prepaids, ID such as driver's licence is required but is there a way to search to find out if someone owned one rather than having the number and asking the telephone company who it belongs to? Potentially it could be in someone else's name too.

If he was smart all he needed to do was to get someone to buy him one off Gumtree/ Ebay. No ID and no reason for him to been seen by the seller.

When did G borrow the Flegg phone?

Copied text from Sue Heath's statement...

26. I believe it was the Sunday after Allison disappeared.

27. Bruce told me that the police had taken his mobile telephone away and he couldn't do his work. Bruce and I spoke to each other about how terrible it is when you don't have the phone.

28. He said the media were around and that they had trouble and couldn't get out of the house and asked me to drop around a newspaper to them Bruce told me the address at the time.................

30. I left Bruce's residence at Brookfield, collected the Monday Courier Mail newspaper and coffee from the "Local Bean" Coffee Shop at Kenmore and went to Gerard's parents place. I gave them the newspaper and coffee and the mobile telephone......................
I worried about giving Gerard the mobile phone as I had not asked Bruce at the time. I now am sorry I had given Gerard the mobile phone and inconvenienced Bruce by involving him in this.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10584475&postcount=36"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*[/ame]

I've never been convinced that GBC would have taken the risk of leaving the girls at the house alone. Just playing devils advocate. Have been trying to figure out how GBC called someone for help that night. The only person that can testify as to what Allison and Olivia talked about that night on the phone was Olivia. What if that call was actually GBC calling Olivia from Allison's phone? I realise it doesn't fit in with the screams though - just putting it out there.

Did anyone check land line calls ?

When did G borrow the Flegg phone?

I think this was after the police had requested his phone, as he didn't have one, so he said. I don't know what date the police took his phone.

Hi all,

Newbie here:
Fascinating trial and family.
Few points that strike me:
1. Facetime call at 1230am- was that to show Bwana his facial injuries.
2. Car reverse parked in car port- were they parking it this way to clean it without neighbours seeing. Who would possibly park it like that? Seems to odd and must have been odd enough for the police to ask.
3. Comes across as a narcissist. Narcissists usually have a deep disliking of themselves and this manifests in playing a role of being really successful and all knowing. When he looked in the mirror every night, he knew he was a failure as a businessman and husband. He was a stuff up.
4. He was so used to selling and deceiving people that he though he could outsmart seasoned investigators. The classic is when he is explaining that he cut himself shaving. He couldn't leave it just that the razor was blunt- he had to try and convince the investigators by going into too much details as if they would then say...'oh yeah, I see how that could happen'.
5. No need to focus in the caterpillar bites. Noy a great importance. The scratches on the face are the thing to establish.
6. I'd say ABC went to bed first and early as she had a big day ahead of her. She was smothered with pillow and managed to claw his face. The scream from neighbour was a lucky coincidence for GBC.
7. Wonder if BWANAS neighbours heard any cars leaving there house during the night.
8. Why didn't he go to work and pretend he thought ABC was picked up by a colleague before he left. This would have bought him valuable hours.
9. What the hell is with all his business partners? He robbed them blind and they allowed it to go on for so long. Is this some kind of business backwater?

I am sure these theories have been discussed ad infinitum but there is so much to read on here.

Hi all,

Newbie here:
Fascinating trial and family.
Few points that strike me:
1. Facetime call at 1230am- was that to show Bwana his facial injuries.
2. Car reverse parked in car port- were they parking it this way to clean it without neighbours seeing. Who would possibly park it like that? Seems to odd and must have been odd enough for the police to ask.
3. Comes across as a narcissist. Narcissists usually have a deep disliking of themselves and this manifests in playing a role of being really successful and all knowing. When he looked in the mirror every night, he knew he was a failure as a businessman and husband. He was a stuff up.
4. He was so used to selling and deceiving people that he though he could outsmart seasoned investigators. The classic is when he is explaining that he cut himself shaving. He couldn't leave it just that the razor was blunt- he had to try and convince the investigators by going into too much details as if they would then say...'oh yeah, I see how that could happen'.
5. No need to focus in the caterpillar bites. Noy a great importance. The scratches on the face are the thing to establish.
6. I'd say ABC went to bed first and early as she had a big day ahead of her. She was smothered with pillow and managed to claw his face. The scream from neighbour was a lucky coincidence for GBC.
7. Wonder if BWANAS neighbours heard any cars leaving there house during the night.
8. Why didn't he go to work and pretend he thought ABC was picked up by a colleague before he left. This would have bought him valuable hours.
9. What the hell is with all his business partners? He robbed them blind and they allowed it to go on for so long. Is this some kind of business backwater?

I am sure these theories have been discussed ad infinitum but there is so much to read on here.

:welcome5:

Some good points

Did anyone check land line calls ?

A facetime call was made between GBC and Bwana at 1230am. The police nearly missed it as it doesn't show up on normal call registers as it uses the internet connection.

BWANA probably helped GBC and Olivia looked after the kids.

I think this was after the police had requested his phone, as he didn't have one, so he said. I don't know what date the police took his phone.

Local calls aren't itemised, only long distance.

It's been like this throughout the construction next door. Maybe they're using it as site office? It has been discussed weather it isowned by the childcare?

Thank you all for these latest posts. They make me feel so inadequate in verbalising my thoughts, you are all so clever and well spoken!

DunnoZo, please do not say that, and we at WS certainly do not think you are inadequate at all. We all contribute in some way and we welcome your input and consider it valuable. So please just do what you are doing - we are all just ordinary sleuthers and often not so clever, especially when we do not read something properly. W enjoy your posts.

I do recall a long while back that it was mentioned that the centre next door owned the property. I cn't recall if it is/was a childcare centre.

Copied text from Sue Heath's statement...

26. I believe it was the Sunday after Allison disappeared.

27. Bruce told me that the police had taken his mobile telephone away and he couldn't do his work. Bruce and I spoke to each other about how terrible it is when you don't have the phone.

28. He said the media were around and that they had trouble and couldn't get out of the house and asked me to drop around a newspaper to them Bruce told me the address at the time.................

30. I left Bruce's residence at Brookfield, collected the Monday Courier Mail newspaper and coffee from the "Local Bean" Coffee Shop at Kenmore and went to Gerard's parents place. I gave them the newspaper and coffee and the mobile telephone......................
I worried about giving Gerard the mobile phone as I had not asked Bruce at the time. I now am sorry I had given Gerard the mobile phone and inconvenienced Bruce by involving him in this.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Ha Ha the media were around and they had trouble getting out.
So EBC walks out of the house with Sue Heath after she had delivered the newspaper and the phone and checks her letter box on a Sunday.

Ha Ha the media were around and they had trouble getting out.
So EBC walks out of the house with Sue Heath after she had delivered the newspaper and the phone and checks her letter box on a Sunday.

Mmm I guess she likes the limelight kind of like the "infamous snog in the garage"

A facetime call was made between GBC and Bwana at 1230am. The police nearly missed it as it doesn't show up on normal call registers as it uses the internet connection.

BWANA probably helped GBC and Olivia looked after the kids.

I was told that was debunked. jmo :) and :wagon: angelalansbury

3.13pm: The court heard that an initial forensic finding that Baden-Clay had made a FaceTime call at 12.30am on April 20 - when he told police he was sleeping - turned out to be wrong.

''At one stage it was indicated by you...there was a FaceTime call made from Mr Baden-Clay's phone in the early hours of the morning,'' Mr Davis said.

''And you swore that in an affidavit in the course of a bail examination.

''And you subsequently swore that that was inaccurate.''

Mr Robertson said further checks discovered the reading was a ''false positive''.

''An iPhone 3GS is not capable of making FaceTime calls,'' he said.

''For some reason that (software) didn't function properly."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/day-two-committal-hearing-of-gerard-baden-clay-over-death-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226595359813

I check my letterbox on Saturday and Sunday too.
Quite often there is junkmail that's delivered on the weekend.
One time recently when we had a lot of rain I found a big snail sheltering in there :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911