The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what was he doing with the razor at the parents house if his house was still a crime scene from which nothing was to be removed??. Hmmm I'll have to check the dates on when police collected it.

Just reposting from earlier
It seems Kate Kyriacou and Brisbane Times have different versions... :tantrum:
Kate Kyriacou's tweet was TO parent's home....
Brisbane Times has from parent's house....

;)

So am I correct in saying that there have been 2 Fridays of evidence heard by the jury in a closed court? If so, that's massive! Any amount of solid roundabout evidence could have been heard!

Sorry to correct you Trooper but the Koh-I-Noor is a diamond. Either way something Gerard is not... And I'm sure it's the only time I'll be able to correct you. LOL!!!!

I was tossing up whether it was a ruby or a diamond.. I kinda liked ruby... heh... I think I spelled it incorrectly also. .. someone will get it right for me.

oo you did it for me!!.

In summarising the agreed points today the prosecution made a point of highlighting that Gerard drew a floor plan of Toni's house. I wonder why this is significant enough that they included it among the irrefutable facts?

Reckon Doc W might be able to help here.....
Facial scars take ..... x days to heal (say about 3 days)
Chest scars takes ...... X days to heal (say about 5 days or so)
Other body injuries take ... xx days to heal, unable to be precise. (to within say a 48 hour time frame)

Sorry LadyBird - but there are too many variables to create a table like that.

You can use "best guess" averages, but every individual will heal at their own rate. Then there is the type and shape of the wounds - abraded broad scratches for example (like the ones on GBC's face) will take longer to heal than a sharply sliced cut. Then there is the degree of scarring - and again everyone is different. Some people heal with an almost invisible scar (the plastic surgeon's dream patient) while others heal with what is called hypertrophic scarring. More extreme scarring - where the body doesn't quite know how to switch off the healing process - is called keloid scarring. Some people are very prone to that.

Then there is the whole question of wounds that get infected - even very superficial minor infection. They will heal less well and take longer.

So I can't really give any time estimates, other than to say that the face tends to heal quickly, the torso much less so, and the extremities takes the longest. But of course, that is a gross generalization.

Forgive me if I have missed discussion about this, but it seems that the defence has NOT cross examined Ms Reeves about the age of the blood found in the Captiva. Does this mean that the defense accepts that the blood was NOT there BEFORE 19/20 April???

The age of a blood stain cannot be determined, once it has clotted and dried. In other words, once you get past the first 2-3 hours. After that, there is no method by which the blood can be "aged" or dated.

But what was he doing with the razor at the parents house if his house was still a crime scene from which nothing was to be removed??. Hmmm I'll have to check the dates on when police collected it.

The razor was at his own home. The police drove him FROM his parents' house to Brookfield to collect the razor and hand it over. He went into the house alone and came out with the razor wrapped in clingfilm. I thought that was a bit odd that the police let him do that.

One of the tweeters had it the wrong way round and tweeted that the police drove him TO his parents' home. All the other tweeters got it the right way around.

EDIT: Oops - I'm still catching up and I see this one has already been answered.

So am I correct in saying that there have been 2 Fridays of evidence heard by the jury in a closed court? If so, that's massive! Any amount of solid roundabout evidence could have been heard!

I didn't know this! Why do they have closed court??

Also did they bring up the App? In the bail it says GBC texted abc and said the app wasn't showing her location "but it was likely the app was never used"

Did they ever go over this in the trial?

Very intrigued about what was discussed on Fridays - I just thought court didn't sit that day?!? Links discussing this anyone??

I would like to know this too

The razor was at his own home. The police drove him FROM his parents' house to Brookfield to collect the razor and hand it over. He went into the house alone and came out with the razor wrapped in clingfilm. I thought that was a bit odd that the police let him do that.

One of the tweeters had it the wrong way round and tweeted that the police drove him TO his parents' home. All the other tweeters got it the right way around.

Thanks Doc ! Seems I was watching the wrong tweeter. :blushing:

it was agreed that due to the length the trial may take, it would only sit on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.. therefore.. no court re this trial on Friday's.. a break for the jurors also, as well as the barristers..

its not that things go on behind closed doors on Fridays.. the case is suspended on every Friday until it closes..

I agree! If I was stupid enough to be having an ongoing affair with a man and he was accused/suspected of murdering her and I kept in contact the conversation would be something like this.... "Are you ok? what happened?. I don't know, she just went for a walk. What happened to your face? I cut myself shaving. Have you got anything to do with this? Of course not! Well then why are you All scratched up and why do I have to lie low and meet you in deserted buildings and use fake emails?????? GET AWAY FROM ME! I might be the next victim! I have kids and a life and don't want ANY further connection to you!!!!!

With your permission, I have inserted something bolded.

:rollercoaster: That was a big read! Just caught up properly on the day & had to stop for a rum. It was a small duty free bottle I started drinking 5yrs ago. I needed a chair to reach it and it was covered in dust. I think you get the picture how often I'm inclined to partake! lol

I'm willing to make a pact here and now with anyone who'll join me :

- I WILL NEVER SPEND A SINGLE DOLLAR ON ANY PUBLICATION PENNED IN SUPPORT OF THE ACCUSED

- NEITHER WILL I EVER 'CONSUME' ANY PAID INTERVIEWS VIA VARIOUS MEDIA.

Borrow from a library, explore hidden corners of the internet, do what you have to do to settle your curiosity or donate the equivalent value in the BC daughters' support fund that appears on Marlywings' tag. It's almost a given the book/s & interviews will come. The cash is needed!

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts, insights & expertise here today :clap:

PS
Oh... can we add (DS) Chris Canniffethe to our 'Letter C' log? I'm curious to see just how far this bizarre coincidence runs. There HAS to be something mindless we can refer to...should we lose our minds, right? lol. Doc Watson... about that Roundabout support group... I think you'd better sign me up! (head in hands)

I didn't know this! Why do they have closed court??

Also did they bring up the App? In the bail it says GBC texted abc and said the app wasn't showing her location "but it was likely the app was never used"

Did they ever go over this in the trial?

Very intrigued about what was discussed on Fridays - I just thought court didn't sit that day?!? Links discussing this anyone??

There has been no closed court. The court didn't sit on the Fridays. And the jury haven't been hearing any evidence that was not in open court.

Gee whiz Trooper, you really do have an incredible way with words. Plus that brain of yours seems full of ...... well ... education and knowledge. Plus something that resembles a Birdseye view into the legal system. Including the "more twists than a rattle snake" scenarios.

This post of yours really truly shows <modsnip> The name was G Bad something (sorry I can't recall) at his finest; or the way he really is. Thank you:
"burbling, chirping, detail upon detail, little giggles" etc.

Somehow all that was supposed to "cut it"

Noticed that NBC, when he explained about making the lunches ........ (The school lunches that good ol' man of the house G reckons he made) Opps another furphy or mistake in script.....

Also added the laugh, (what the hell was funny BTW?)
Was that also the deflection?

PS. Whilst trying to produce a plausible time framer of events, I figured I needed to discount totally anything that came from the mouth of GBC, NBC, OW, also the so called pastor, or any of the innocent beautiful children who, IMO have been ordered in regards of what to say.

That's the thing, if you're telling the truth, it's committed to memory and you don't "slip up" and contradict what you've already said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels