The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm.......!!!!!

Text copied Constable Kellie Thomson's statement....

35. On the 21st day of April, 2012............

Detective Senior Constable McLeod, the defendant and I attended 16 Durness Street, Kenmore, on arrival we had a conversation with the defendant, he walked inside and returned with a razor that was wrapped in plastic and handed it to me. I then seized the razor.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Have you ever thought about being a lawyer???

I think all of this Friday interest/confusion came from Page 25 ....just sayin'...might be wrong. It confused me.

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy, I knew I'd read something about Fridays...

Catching up since lunch time, goodness, I'm still short of breath!

Has the jury been there on Fridays, hearing evidence? (I thought only legal arguments without a jury going on)

I live many kms away- Tassie- and have talked to every person I have seen this week about the case, (pretty much literally, 40+), and no one has doubted his guilt. They are much less informed than us, and much, much less than the jury.

(I was hoping to hear more about the financial stuff, but I guess having ascertained that they were insolvent, it doesn't matter how they got there?)

And then this one too. That's why I asked, sorry guys for the confusion!

Hmmmm.......!!!!!

Text copied Constable Kellie Thomson's statement....

35. On the 21st day of April, 2012............

Detective Senior Constable McLeod, the defendant and I attended 16 Durness Street, Kenmore, on arrival we had a conversation with the defendant, he walked inside and returned with a razor that was wrapped in plastic and handed it to me. I then seized the razor.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

Very well spotted/found, Marly. That certainly is a bit confusing, isn't it. Although I guess in the grand scheme of things it matters little WHERE the razor was - presumably he'd packed a toiletries bag with the razor and whatever else he needed to stay at his parents' house while his own was taped off as a crime scene.

So perhaps Kate Kyriacou was the only one who got it right? ;)

You know, I can't believe that GBC is still keeping it together (somehow) after all this time. I mean, the man is not exactly a convincing liar (IMO).

On he morning of the 20th, I'm surprised the police didn't arrive to find him running out of the house in his pyjamas with sneakers, foam on his face, saying: "Sorry, I've been trying to s@$t, shower, and shave, but cut myself with my decade old razor which I keep using! I'm a bit hurt but I'm okay. It's business as usual, but my late wife...I mean my wife is under a bridge, I mean down a hole, I mean missing, and the app wouldn't work. By the way, I can help you buy a house in the area..." (hands out business cards)

The razor was at his own home. The police drove him FROM his parents' house to Brookfield to collect the razor and hand it over. He went into the house alone and came out with the razor wrapped in clingfilm. I thought that was a bit odd that the police let him do that.

One of the tweeters had it the wrong way round and tweeted that the police drove him TO his parents' home. All the other tweeters got it the right way around.

EDIT: Oops - I'm still catching up and I see this one has already been answered.

In Kellie Thompsons statement she says Cons McLeod the defendant and I left 18 Oldfield Street and attended 16 Durness Street Kenmore on arrival we had a conversation with the defendant, he walked inside and returned with a razor wrapped in plastic.

Very well spotted/found, Marly. That certainly is a bit confusing, isn't it. Although I guess in the grand scheme of things it matters little WHERE the razor was - presumably he'd packed a toiletries bag with the razor and whatever else he needed to stay at his parents' house while his own was taped off as a crime scene.

Oh God ! More confusion ! :banghead:

I recall something to do with Fridays being for legal argument too. Juries are excluded during legal argument. They get sent to the Jury Room. That happened a few times when I was on a jury. Two weeks in (car rebirthing racket) they sent us out while there was legal argument, we were in there most of the day, then the Sheriff came and told us we'd seen something we shouldn't have seen and as such, we were dismissed.

I think it DOES matter & it matters a LOT!!

Brookfield house was a crime scene from which nothing was allowed to be removed.

That razor has been a major part of this whole case so I want to know how it made it's way to the parents house. There is no chance in heck police would have allowed him to just take it with him.

You know, I can't believe that GBC is still keeping it together (somehow) after all this time. I mean, the man is not exactly a convincing liar (IMO).

On he morning of the 20th, I'm surprised the police didn't arrive to find him running out of the house in his pyjamas with sneakers, foam on his face, saying: "Sorry, I've been trying to s@$t, shower, and shave, but cut myself with my decade old razor which I keep using! I'm a bit hurt but I'm okay. It's business as usual, but my late wife...I mean my wife is under a bridge, I mean down a hole, I mean missing, and the app wouldn't work. By the way, I can help you buy a house in the area..." (hands out business cards)
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I have a sneaky suspicion he was visiting TM

I am trying desperately hard to produce a true time frame of events ...
Have started to eliminate any "events" whatsoever as portrayed by GBC or his backup /support group.
Sausage sizzle etc have been eliminated ....

No different to his phone. The phone was a big part of the investigation as well. There's no chance police would just let him take that just because he might need to use it.

Something is mighty stinky.

In summarising the agreed points today the prosecution made a point of highlighting that Gerard drew a floor plan of Toni's house. I wonder why this is significant enough that they included it among the irrefutable facts?

I wondered this too...

I think it DOES matter & it matters a LOT!!

Brookfield house was a crime scene from which nothing was allowed to be removed.

That razor has been a major part of this whole case so I want to know how it made it's way to the parents house. There is no chance in heck police would have allowed him to just take it with him.

Kind of makes you picture Allison's phone wrapped in plastic wandering with Gerard in a clothes basket full of toys and clothes to Kenmore, doesn't it?

Someone who can't afford a replacement.

But can afford an upcoming holiday.
;)

All my sarcasm aside...
Thank goodness for strong forensics which negated the razor explanation given and replaced it with the truth.

and thankyou alioop for your input on the thread.
Much appreciated!
:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members