The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 25th June - Trial Day 10, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

Lots of entries being read out showing calls, messages between Gerard and his family on April 20. #badenclay

Gerard tried to call Allison at 7am on April 20. Tried to call from home phone also. #badenclay

I read that as being he'd spent 3 birthdays with TM since the affair but he could only remember 1 when she asked him what they had done to celebrate, but could be wrong......just how I read it
That is a fair idea as well Freya, whatever it is has caused pain. Thank you

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 30s

Document on screen shows various calls and texts to/from phones of Gerard, Allison, the Baden-Clays, friends #badenclay

I second that! Whaaaaat???? What did it say?

omg, trouble was already brewing, OW goes in for damage control?! Where was Allison at 8.22pm. The **** had hit the fan, Allison knew!! jmo

My brain is overloading.

Edit: note to self, calm down.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 171 :seeya:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 44s

Ms Reeves says possible DNA found under one nail from someone other than Allison, but below threshold for analysis #badenclay

:banghead: Damn!
That's it they would have had him right there!

senior forensic scientist for Queensland Health, Amanda Reeves.

She told the court she was asked to test for DNA.

Ms Reeves said all cells in the human body, except for red blood cells, contained DNA although hair could be difficult to extract it from.

She said she received reference samples from Allison Baden-Clay, Gerard Baden-Clay, Geoffrey and Priscilla Dickie, Olivia Walton and from Kerry-Anne Walker. She agreed she later received samples from some of Ms Baden-Clay’s daughters.

She said she received five fingernails from the right hand with the remnants of pink nail polish on them.

Ms Reeves said brown dirt and larvae was present on the nails and she took a swab for DNA analysis.

She said she could build an incomplete DNA profile from one of the nails but could not extract samples from the other four.

“Decomposition is probably a big one, during the decomposition process there are chemicals that are produced that basically interfere with the ability to see a DNA profile,” she said.

She said DNA could breakdown over time, as well, especially if exposed to the elements.

Ms Reeves said “touch DNA” involved transferring DNA to a surface after touching it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226965646588

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 55s

McLeod is going through various call entries on April 20. Gerard calling friends, trying to get through to police station. #badenclay

Wasn't that about the sleepover...I think OWB or is it OWB made some reference to this in her appearance on the stand.

Not OBW, GBC texted Allison at 8:22pm. Why if they were both home?

She said she received a sample of five fingernails from the left hand.

Ms Reeves said incomplete profiles were obtained from two of the samples.

She said the DNA profile of sample four showed low levels of the possibility of a secondary DNA contributor but were below the level of the threshold guidelines she would use to guide testing in the laboratory.

“In this instance, whilst I can see some peaks they weren’t above that threshold so I didn’t believe they were suitable for comparison,” she said.

Ms Reeves showed the jury how she looked for DNA profiles over the nine segments that made up a person’s cellular make-up.

She said she examined a toothbrush and a hairbrush to build reference DNA samples.

Ms Reeves said she could obtain only a complex and incomplete profiles from the hairbrush.

She said it was only possible to test for DNA in the part of the hair that was sheathed within the scalp.

Ms Reeves said a swab of the blood sample found in the Holden-Captiva matched the reference sample for Ms Baden-Clay.

She said the probability it was a person’s DNA other than Ms Baden-Clay’s was one in 5,600 billion.

Ms Reeves said she attempted to obtain DNA profiles from two rings found on the body but was unsuccessful.

She said a DNA profile was obtained from a towel in the Baden-Clay’s bathroom and it matched the reference profile belonging to Gerard Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226965646588

And - wasn't Allison at home around 7:00pm? Why would Gerard be texting her? I wonder if they mean the 20th?

wasn't he at nbc place having sausages on 19th when she was at the hairdresser

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 7s

McLeod says the search for Allison, that commenced on April 20, was very extensive. Command post set up. #badenclay

McLeod says there is a mention on the log of a Mrs Apps being doorknocked, but nothing to indicate further contact. #badenclay

McLeod says there was a large volume of info reported to police as a result of media coverage. #badenclay

McLeod says only one person ever thought they'd seen Allison, but a woman came forward to say she was the person spotted walking. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 29s

McLeod says a police command post was set up, running log set up to record information #badenclay

Not OBW, GBC texted Allison at 8:22pm. Why if they were both home?

Maybe he was sending a work email and needed everyone to know and Allison was on the list even tho she may have been home. Sorta example only not anything to do with this case like telling everyone your going to be late to work tomorrow to all your direct reports, Allison just was someone who got it as part of the group.

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 55s

Mcleod tells #badenclay trial nothing on log to indicate surprise witness Stephanie Apps approached their command post. @7NewsBrisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86