GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and isn't it strange that if she picked up the leaf matter from the debris in the creek that was from exactly the same plants that grew at her house...and not one leaf from a foreign plant that grew somewhere else......what are the odds of that?

I'm a keen gardener who's been battling against South East Queensland's multitude of noxious weeds for 30 years. The likelihood of only plant matter from plants like those in Allison's yard being washed down Kholo Creek and into her hair are zero.

Do we know how Toni found out Alison was attending the conference?

So Gerard says on the stand he loves Alison very much and wants to continue the marriage with her. Why then tell Toni she would be at the conference and not tell Alison? And why so many phone calls to Toni, just block her if it was over. Says to me he cared more about Toni's feelings.

Some guy is on John Laws who is buying into the idea that Allison framed Gerard by committing suicide .. ACK!

This story rang a bell. Within the last year I've read a series of novels (3 I think). In the last book, it was revealed that the murder (of the husband's lover) in the first book was committed by the wife. The husband was found guilty of murdering his wife, but she had actually suicided and made it look like her husband murdered her? It was revenge for the affair.

They were actually quite riveting crime fiction. If anyone is interested, I can try and did up the titles. But, I've stuffed up the "whodunit" bit for you.

Although the wife's plan worked like clockwork in crime fiction, it wouldn't even be a starter in real life - like most crime fiction.

<Respectfully snipped>

BBM: To the showground across the road from his house perhaps? It would have been dark. There would obviously be a hose there of some description. Any mud and debris from the car wouldn't be noticed as much and the paths and driveway of his house wouldn't look like they'd been recently hosed.

I still wonder why GBC phoned the showground maintenance man at 12:25pm on Friday 20 April. Immediately after this he made a series of calls, to a couple of solicitors and a couple to his father.

Thanks Makara At 12.25pm Friday 20 April, G phoned the show ground maintenance man.
Very interesting timing.
Something relevant re show grounds .....

Some guy is on John Laws who is buying into the idea that Allison framed Gerard by committing suicide .. ACK!
These folks often pop up in these kinds of cases, now don't they Mrs. Norris?

PS- good to see you. :)

Bingo, that's why he took the captiva out that morning, to get a bit of dust on it again because he'd washed it.
.... my slant on the Captiva being used by GBC to go out and drive the streets to look for Allison is that he DID NOT use it, then come back home and reverse it around the Prado back into the carport.
.... I think that he told the Police that he had used it to go out looking for her because he thought it could still be warm and reveal evidence that it had been used in the really early hours of that morning.

.... and did he pull over onto the side of the road to make all those phone calls on his mobile .... there seems to be at least 6 of them up until the 000 call. Wonder if there could be any background noise heard during that phone call?

Thanks Makara At 12.25pm Friday 20 April, G phoned the show ground maintenance man.
Very interesting timing.
Something relevant re show grounds .....
.... and Olivia stated during her witness questioning that she had been in there too ..... to ask some guys whipper snipping around the cricket pitch if they had seen anything?

I think GBC has shot himself in the foot with the phone charger BS. He may well have left his phone laying around so that Allison could pick it up at any time to look at it but for her to confiscate it from him each night and not return it until the following morning is utter crap!

Think about this. For the first time in a month's worth of phone records GBC phones TM at 2:43pm at her office on Thursday 19 April. Yep, the day before Allison was reported missing. He'd phoned Allison at 2:41pm, probably to see where she was. We now know that TM had also phoned GBC later that same day no less than three times. I believe that GBC and TM did meet that night while the girls were at Nigelaine's and Allison was at the hairdresser. One of the girls did say that Daddy picked them up from their grandparents' and took them home. Did Allison discover that GBC wasn't at Nigelaine's as he said he'd be, but had stepped out for a while to attend to business? Allison may have even gone to Nigelaine's after the hairdresser and found that GBC wasn't there. She went home, leaving the girls there to enjoy time with their cousins until Daddy came back to bring them home. She had a fair idea of where he was.

Allison phoned her home landline at 6:26pm on the Thursday night, 19 April. That call lasted 0.01sec. Obviously nobody was home and she got message bank instead. She phoned GBC's mobile at 6:27pm, a 0:21sec call. The next and final call from Allison's phone was at 8:28pm to OW. That call lasted for 1:01secs. Short and sweet! Was Allison asking OW what time GBC came to pick up the girls etc? Were they all lying to her, covering up GBC's nasty little infidelity? I believe so.

When GBC arrived home and the girls were in bed Allison confronted him. He knew what was coming because his family had already tipped him off that Allison had been looking for him. He was furious, she was furious and that fury erupted into murder.

OMG YES!!!
that makes so much sense...:loveyou:

Probably wishful thinking I know but what I would love to see happen is for the prosecution to have the case reopened and have TM come back and drop him in it. Could there be something in her 5th statement they could use against him.

Can someone answer please, are the jury given the witness statements or can they only use what's been said in court.
My question too whatif

<Respectfully snipped.>

The seats you see in the photo are the second row passenger seats. The third row of seats are still folded down at this stage. It was only after the police had noticed a small 'stain' near where the folded down seat meets the side of the car that the seats were raised to reveal the blood flow.

And those toys! Every time I see this photo it gives me chills. Those toys belonged to his daughters and yet he callously placed them in the back of the car where he'd placed their dead mother only hours earlier. I wonder what a shrink would make of that? Seriously, this bloke is a monster!
I thought at some stage gbc or one of the girls said that the toys had been put out for someone to come and collect. If that was the case why would they be in the car, sitting oh so neatly too I must add.

Yes - hopefully the jury will see how much he loves the sound of his own voice, his delusions of self-grandeur and any suspicions they had of narcissism will be confirmed. It only takes one person amongst the jury to know of narcissistic rage and explain it to the others - in the context of GBC being forced to endure 15 minute sessions of Allison questioning GBC's greatness, while the rest of his life is unravelling.

"
loves the sound of his own voice, his delusions of self-grandeur"

One thing we now know he would have made a good politician!

I thought at some stage gbc or one of the girls said that the toys had been put out for someone to come and collect. If that was the case why would they be in the car, sitting oh so neatly too I must add.

Exactly. They were placed there as a distraction. Awwww poor charitable GBC, lost his wife.

Except that he didn't give a fat rat's clacker about his wife. It's all about him.

What I would like to see happen next week , live in hope B = prosecuting barrister A Allison and of course BC = Him

B mr bc you have told us about the honeymoon the holidays a's depression lets now go to the night of the 19th april 2012
BC yes
B tell us what happenedon that nigght when A got home from the hairdressers
BC it was a normal night , we went about our normal stuff , you know girls to bed , A got into her pyjamas and lay down on the couch yeah she had a big day next day you know conference and stuff
B so just a normal night eh
BC yeah
B did you tell A about toni going to the conference
BC eh um no
B why not mr bc , toni had ranted that you HAD to tell her
BC um ,um didnt want to upset A
B I see didnt want to upset her eh ?but there were lots of upsets in your marriage weren't there mr bc
BC um what do you mean ? no it was a normal marriagei loved her , i loved allison
B so what about the affairs mr bc a continuing one with Toni , a one nighter at sydney conference , another one prior to that
BC um , um yeah
B but you loved your wife
BC yes more than anything else
B i see,now lets go back to the night of 19th
BC yeah
B so u said all was normal at home
BC yes
B i suggest that it was far from normal
BC no , no it was normal
B so it was normal , your wife was going to a conference where your mistress was going to be and all was normal
BC um um well yes
B come on mr bc how could that be normal
BC well yes , i mean no but it was anormal night at home
B mr bci suggest that you did tell A about T going to the conference
BC um no, not really
B not really i suggest you did tell her
BC mmmmm
B i further suggest that she reacted badly to that and you argued
BC no , no we didnt argue
B about what ?
BC um toni going to the conference
B so you did tell allison
BC um well , sort of
B sort of and the you argued
BC no no , what are you saying
B i am saying that you told A and she got angry and you argued
BC no, no, not right !!!
B then she came at you in a rage and hit you and screamed at you ,
BC no
B the scream that flegg and others heard
BC no no
B yes mr bc and then you put a pillow , cushion, towel , whatever you could find and covered her screams
BC no no , thats not right
B then she hit you and scratched your face , hence the fingernail scratches
Defence B objection your honour it has not been concluded that they are not shaving cuts
B withdrawn
BC i cut myself shaving , ask my daughter she gave me a bandaid
B and while you held that pillow or whatever over her she fainted
BC NO, NO
B yes and then you realized she was not breathing , so instead of calling the ambulance you called your father
BC no
B yes mr bc and now you had to cover up, isnt that right
BC NO NO
B yes mr bc , and you and someone else planned how to dispose of the body
BC no this is all wrong

COURT adjourned

What I would like to see happen next week , live in hope B = prosecuting barrister A Allison and of course BC = Him

B mr bc you have told us about the honeymoon the holidays a's depression lets now go to the night of the 19th april 2012
BC yes
BC it was a normal night , we went about our normal stuff , you know girls to bed , A got into her pyjamas and lay down on the couch yeah she had a big day next day you know conference and stuff
BC yeah
BC eh um no
B I see didnt want to upset her eh ?but there were lots of upsets in your marriage weren't there mr bc
BC um what do you mean ? no it was a normal marriagei loved her , i loved allison
B so what about the affairs mr bc a continuing one with Toni , a one nighter at sydney conference , another one prior to that
BC um , um yeah
BC yeah
BC yes
BC no , no it was normal
B so it was normal , your wife was going to a conference where your mistress was going to be and all was normal
BC um um well yes
BC um no, not really
BC mmmmm
B about what ?
BC um well , sort of
BC no, no, not right !!!
BC no
BC no no
B yes mr bc and then you put a pillow , cushion, towel , whatever you could find and covered her screams
Defence B objection your honour it has not been concluded that they are not shaving cuts
B withdrawn
BC NO, NO
B yes and then you realized she was not breathing , so instead of calling the ambulance you called your father
BC no
BC NO NO
BC no this is all wrong

COURT adjourned
Excellent stuff Squizzy.
I personally feel that the car wheels screeching thuds and screams were somehow relevant. Connected. She was hit by the car, or something like that. No bone fractures, but possibly shin damage.
Re the facial marks "Ask my daughter, she gave me a bandaid"
Very good. Clearly they were from shaving! Not. Bit like saying, "my daughter can cover this detail. All clear."

Excellent stuff Squizzy.
I personally feel that the car wheels screeching thuds and screams were somehow relevant. Connected. She was hit by the car, or something like that. No bone fractures, but possibly shin damage.
Re the facial marks "Ask my daughter, she gave me a bandaid"
Very good. Clearly they were from shaving! Not. Bit like saying, "my daughter can cover this detail. All clear."

that comes in next session still working on that

I have had a thought, what if Allison did go out later in the evening asked to on the 19th. GBC had gone to bed and Allison rang TMcH and asked to meet and have a chat. Allison met Toni down the road. A discussion and argument ensued, followed by pushing and shoving, Allison hits her head etc. Allison's body is put in the carport area and GBC and Toni put her then into the back of the Captiva and dump the body at Kholo Bridge. The scratches are from Toni while she is being pacified by GBC. I can see lots of holes in this, but perhaps someone could take the scenario and make it more plausible. One thing I do recall is GBC and Toni cleaning up after the flood at NBC, so there obviously was some prior involvement, as well as workplace relationship.

BC yes
BC yeah
BC eh um no
BC um , um yeah
BC yeah
BC yes
BC no , no it was normal
BC um um well yes
BC um no, not really
BC mmmmm
B about what ?
BC um well , sort of
BC no, no, not right !!!
BC no
BC no no
B withdrawn
BC NO, NO
BC no
BC NO NO
BC no this is all wrong

COURT adjourned
Oh yes please [emoji91]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online