GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my dear God.

I hope he wasn't producing child *advertiser censored*, viewing child *advertiser censored*, and didn't sexually assault his son....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wait, what?

Oh my dear God.

I hope he wasn't producing child *advertiser censored*, viewing child *advertiser censored*, and didn't sexually assault his son....

Curious, what made you think that? I never got that from this case, since they have his devices...I would think they'd have found some already and added charges. JMO!

I noticed that, too. I thought his next court date was July 15. That's a couple of weeks away, hopefully they'll have info by then. Or have I missed something...easy to do as fast as this thread is moving, lol. Is there a court date for this week?

That was what I saw reported but then this week it has been reported as July 3rd. Maybe he got the hearing moved up hoping to get bail. idk

I learn something here each day in these horrible cases....never heard of a "no knock" clause in a search warrant.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I read at least twice that he went out later and opened the passenger side door.

It was reported that he went out at "lunch" and via the driver door reached in and placed something in the passenger seat. IIRC

wait, what?

They always search for that.

And they keep saying even more horrible stuff is coming....

Im just trying to brace myself.

That was what I saw reported but then this week it has been reported as July 3rd. Maybe he got the hearing moved up hoping to get bail. idk

I read a bond hearing for July 15. I thought I remembered an evidentiary hearing July 3m but I can't seem to find info on that now.

It was reported that he went out at "lunch" and via the driver door reached in and placed something in the passenger seat. IIRC

I thought I read that too but I am tired of looking for links for those that don't even try for themselves.

According to the official warrants:

On 06/18/14 at 1624 hrs Pct 3 officers responded to 2955 Akers Mill Rd, Atlanta GA regarding a person down call. When the officers arrived on scene they discovered that Cooper Harris 08-02-12 was deceased. The CAP unit was contacted and responded to the scene regarding a homicide investigation. Justin Harris, the deceased subject's father was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of Uncle Maddio's Pizza, 2955 Akers Mill Rd in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, GA tag.... The vehicle came to a sudden stop. Justin quickly exited the vehicle, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, Cooper Harris out of the vehicle. Justin was witnessed yelling "Oh my god what have I done". He then began doing CPR on the child. When someone came to assist Justin he stopped providing medical attention to the child and started making calls on his cell phone. EMS responded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased. Justin stated that he went to work that morning and forgot to drop the child off at day care. Justin left his residence, took the child to Chic-fil-A in Vinings and then went to work. The child was left in the vehicle since approximately 0930 hrs this morning until he was discovered by Justin at around 1620 hrs when he was driving to meet up with some friends. The temperature was in the 90's for most of the day. During an interview with Justin, He stated that he recently researched, through the internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur. Justin stated that he was fearful that this could happen.
From Popsicles link

I am behind... So please forgive me if any/all of the following observations/questions have already been hashed and rehashed...:please:

1.) Report above states Justin interrupted the CPR when others came to help... And he subsequently started making phone calls...
- who were these calls to?
- did he call his wife right away?
I am wondering due to the discussion we have been having regarding the call he made to his wife ... And whether or not the LE encouraged him to make that call... Or if he had already made the call? :dunno:

2.) It is interesting to me that it reports that Justin had left his work and was on his way to meet some friends....
- I wonder who these friends were?
- Was this a regular occurrence?

Note: I am just trying to makes sense of this... Not making any judgements when he should have called mom... Or if he enjoyed camaraderie with friends...

all... JMO

They always search for that.

And they keep saying even more horrible stuff is coming....

Im just trying to brace myself.

I see. This is totally my own suspicion, but I think they will find motive in one of the classic motives. Money, sex, etc. At least, I hope. I DO think they will find motive and raise the charges, though. There could be more warrants even. They are just over a week in. There is a long way to go in combing through all this.

I'm shocked a bystander didn't whip out their phone and start recording!
I've seen people pull over on a highway to do it after a horrible accident.

NOT MSM - I think this is a student reporting.
There was an aerial photographer arriving on the scene at the time. There is video footage of how he as acting.

He describes what he saw.
Here is a still shot.

u5uzady2.jpg

" Raw aerial news footage, seen on AJC.com, zooms in on what we have to assume is a crime scene (the usual yellow tape cordons off the suspect`s small SUV). The shopping center where a frantic (is he play acting?) Ross tries resuscitating his boy, provides telling eyes into what may`ve actually gone down, with a stagey-looking silver car parked awkwardly, askew and catty-corner.*"
http://thesop.org/story/20140626/wi...earance-verse-reality-rear-its-ugly-head.html
just an fyi.

I did note that he spent less than 7 hrs at work that day.

(CNN) - It's hard to think of a young child, strapped into a car seat under a baking sun, slowly succumbing to a hellish death. It's even harder to think that it could have been anything other than a tragic accident.

But that's what police in Cobb County, Georgia, say happened last week when 33-year-old Justin Ross Harris left his 22-month-old son, Cooper Mills Harris, strapped into a car seat while he went to work. He's been charged with felony murder and second-degree child cruelty.

Here's what you need to know about this disturbing case:
http://www.kiiitv.com/story/2588936...t-georgia-toddler-cooper-harris-hot-car-death

Little Cooper will be memorialized at a public funeral Saturday at University Church of Christ. His burial and viewing will be private. His father is being held without bond at the Cobb County jail after pleading not guilty last week. He's scheduled for a preliminary appearance on July 3. Because he's charged with murder, a grand jury will also have to review his case if the magistrate in next week's hearing finds probable cause for the charge to stand.

That is true! I never really stopped to think how odd that is. I never go to my car to put something in it, what can't wait until the end of the work day? It would make more sense to get something out that you had forgotten (that I do plenty of!)

I have gone out my car at work to put something in it, just so I would remember to bring it home. Not files, cuz I carry a bag and would just put them in there. But, if it was a larger item that wouldn't fit in there.

See, the spinning started right on the crime scene. He knew they'd find the search and then this anguish of "I was so worried this could happen." Well let's see what he really looked up. Because IMO if he really was afraid of it happening to a child then he'd have looked up "child left in car" not "animal." IMO if he looked up animal it was an attempt to avoid detection. Perhaps he figured he'd be able to hide the real search.

AND... It would seem (if, as he states) that he was worried about this situation occurring....

did he research "How To Prevent Child (animal) Dying In Heated Car"?

:no:

I've never seen that anywhere but in the bold headers of this Dailymail article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ake-supporters-think-twice.html#ixzz35frCCXvS

Everything else I've seen, including the arrest warrant says "into the vehicle" but not where. Not sure whether that detail is any more important than the driver v. passenger door might be, but just in case ;)

(CNN) - It's hard to think of a young child, strapped into a car seat under a baking sun, slowly succumbing to a hellish death. It's even harder to think that it could have been anything other than a tragic accident.

But that's what police in Cobb County, Georgia, say happened last week when 33-year-old Justin Ross Harris left his 22-month-old son, Cooper Mills Harris, strapped into a car seat while he went to work. He's been charged with felony murder and second-degree child cruelty.

Here's what you need to know about this disturbing case:
http://www.kiiitv.com/story/2588936...t-georgia-toddler-cooper-harris-hot-car-death

Little Cooper will be memorialized at a public funeral Saturday at University Church of Christ. His burial and viewing will be private. His father is being held without bond at the Cobb County jail after pleading not guilty last week. He's scheduled for a preliminary appearance on July 3. Because he's charged with murder, a grand jury will also have to review his case if the magistrate in next week's hearing finds probable cause for the charge to stand.

Thank you, I didn't imagine the July 3rd hearing! Always nice to know I'm not crazy ;) . Thanks for the link!

I see. This is totally my own suspicion, but I think they will find motive in one of the classic motives. Money, sex, etc. At least, I hope. I DO think they will find motive and raise the charges, though. There could be more warrants even. They are just over a week in. There is a long way to go in combing through all this.

agree, don't be surprised if a mistress or gambling debts appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prayerwarrior7174