GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU! These are awesome for illustrating the interior of the vehicle in question with carseat factored in.

http://blogs.cars.com/.a/6a00d83451b3c669e2017616258b33970c-800wi

from your link.

This one is particularly helpful in illustrating how the seat was positioned that day (except this one is behind passenger seat and Coopers was in the middle back) and how very close the two were in the car

While I agree they are close to the front you will notice for most of the seat designs the kids legs tend to curl up to them and you really can see much of them looking on the rearview. This was just my experience. Some of the seats are even chunkier than the ones shown.

Yeah, he yelled for people to call 911 after he leaves his dead child sitting, for a stranger to do CPR...to make his own calls. No 911 from the dad.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Something else that could point to premeditation -- or at planning where & how to stop and "discover" Cooper, anyway -- he can be the frantic dad and let witnesses attest to that; at the same time avoid a 911 recording to be analyzed and dissected in case he said the wrong thing.... perhaps if LE was prompting him in the call to his wife it was because he was being very careful and hesitant with his wording -- he didn't want to make a mistake, knowing they were listening. Perhaps he had originally hoped to get that call out of the way in between the discovery & witnesses calling 911 for him?

Me too.
iPhone?

If you have an iphone, you push the power button at the top at the same time as the thumb button on the bottom, right above the plugger hole.

There's a + thingy that comes up when you post, you can select photo from your roll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting from droid DNA, can't rub my tummy and pat my head . Lol

ciao

Father Charged in Hot-Car Death Sobs in Call to Son's Funeral

Cooper's bright red casket — a color he had just learned to identify — was carried into the church against gray skies. His obituary said he would call out to his mother and father as they passed red cars: "Bye red car, bye red truck." The service was to be followed by a private burial.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/father-charged-hot-car-death-sobs-call-sons-funeral-n143441

BBM

This means that Cooper was very verbal during car rides. If he talked out loud to the passing cars, why didn't Dad remember he was there?

I don't think LH should be criticized for her statements. I think she needs compassion and understanding, even if one disagrees with her stance.

snipped by me

Amen... This woman is burying her two year old child Cooper today. I would think it is her darkest hours.

Some of the posts here about her sound like a gathering at a Roman Forum.

Lets also not forget that aside from the mother's deep grief,
Ross being in jail is probably giving her a big distraction and something else to focus on. It could also allow her to re-direct her anger towards the state of GA opposed to him and or god.

Father Charged in Hot-Car Death Sobs in Call to Son's Funeral

Cooper's bright red casket — a color he had just learned to identify — was carried into the church against gray skies. His obituary said he would call out to his mother and father as they passed red cars: "Bye red car, bye red truck." The service was to be followed by a private burial.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/father-charged-hot-car-death-sobs-call-sons-funeral-n143441

And he was sorry, sorry he couldn't be there.

Pffft.

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/atlanta/historic

Answering myself...
During the two week period
from June 13- June 28, 2014

JUNE 18 was the hottest day on record.

this is something I asked right from the start. Color me not surprised !

Something else that could point to premeditation -- or at planning where & how to stop and "discover" Cooper, anyway -- he can be the frantic dad and let witnesses attest to that; at the same time avoid a 911 recording to be analyzed and dissected in case he said the wrong thing.... perhaps if LE was prompting him in the call to his wife it was because he was being very careful and hesitant with his wording -- he didn't want to make a mistake, knowing they were listening. Perhaps he had originally hoped to get that call out of the way in between the discovery & witnesses calling 911 for him?

Really excellent observation, this is so true !

I see you finally caught up. This thread has been flying so even a break to sleep or run errands leaves one frantically trying to play catch up.

yes, this recent searching on child death due to heat in vehicles was quite the shocker to read in the search warrants.

Interesting points about the warrants containing no mention of odor. I tend to agree that if that was such a noticeable big factor to seasoned vet LEOs it would have been mentioned in teh probably cause statements. As to the rigor same thing. However, I wonder if there were those factors but there was also concern that a defense attorney might then question an officer's credibility or ability to speak to medical things such as decomp and rigor. Perhaps they stuck with facts that could be documented such as his statement (likely on video) about the searches.

Most of the warrants are geared toward devices and so most relevant and telling thing to put in the warrants requesting those items would be things that spoke directly to what the accused himself told them they would find.

BBM & underlined too!

My "in-house" expert (DH, retired State Trooper, homicide) on LEO protocol was agreeing with your hypothesis, vigorously~:floorlaugh: (I just nodded :scared:).

And he was sorry, sorry he couldn't be there.

Pffft.

And...
The mother said the toddler had spent the last two nights of his life snuggled in bed with the couple, and she missed him “with all of my heart.” :(

Of course the media were invited to the funeral. It seems like it was done primarily FOR the media. Dad calling in and sobbing over the speakers....Mom saying 'it never occurred to her' to be angry with him, for negligently killing their child. And hinting they might have another on the way...WHERE WAS COOPER IN ALL THIS?

This was like it was orchestrated for the defense team, not like any funeral for a baby that I have ever seen.

I went to the funeral for a 2 yr old who drowned in the grandparents pool. Everyone was so distraught and full of sorrow, and yet it was ALL focused on their lost child. Nobody tried to defend anyone. Nobody called on the phone to sob over the speakers. Nobody discussed 'future' babies, while the newly deceased child was in the casket.

Well I have to point out the media are kinda a-holes
In that none took the time to relay exactly what she said about Cooper. They glazed right on over it. One article posted up thread said something like after taking about Cooper and his life she went on to say etc etc about Ross. I'm sure the boy was a large part of this service and I doubt a grieving mother held a public service for the media's sake. Aren't most funerals public? Invitations aren't exactly sent out right?

The quote from the CNN article that really gave me a chill is-

"Then Leanna Harris spoke.

"First of all Ross, I love you and I'm doing this for you, OK?" she said. "This is not where I expected to be here today. Two years ago when we welcomed a 6-pound, 8-ounce perfect baby into the world. This never crossed my mind."

I'm doing this for you? What does that even mean?

I am wondering about that line, too...

maybe as "leader" and "man of the house"... In their religious culture HE would have been making the funeral speech rather than she? but... Since he is in jail... He cannot do his family duty?

Just a thought... :waitasec:

I just re-read Fatal Vision. At McDonald's first trial, his father-in-law testified that of he had another daughter...he "would want the same son-in-law." Sharon Rocha was also a staunch supporter of Scott Peterson in the beginning.

This woman is not only grieving, she is in shock. I doubt anything seems real to her yet. I doubt she can even process the finality of her child's death, much less the evidence that the police say implicates her husband. This is the most complete and horrific betrayal....the murder of your mutual child...this means the man she shares a bed with...is a stranger that she never knew.

I think this man is a monster. But I don't know him, much less love him. Let's see where she stands when we get to trial.

I see you finally caught up. This thread has been flying so even a break to sleep or run errands leaves one frantically trying to play catch up.

yes, this recent searching on child death due to heat in vehicles was quite the shocker to read in the search warrants.

Interesting points about the warrants containing no mention of odor. I tend to agree that if that was such a noticeable big factor to seasoned vet LEOs it would have been mentioned in teh probably cause statements. As to the rigor same thing. However, I wonder if there were those factors but there was also concern that a defense attorney might then question an officer's credibility or ability to speak to medical things such as decomp and rigor. Perhaps they stuck with facts that could be documented such as his statement (likely on video) about the searches.

Most of the warrants are geared toward devices and so most relevant and telling thing to put in the warrants requesting those items would be things that spoke directly to what the accused himself told them they would find.

Great point on the defense/ cop speaking to decomp without being medical expert!

He was strapped in the middle ? Correct?

yes ma'am

Hours before the toddler, Cooper Mills Harris, was pronounced dead, he and his father stopped at Chick-fil-A for breakfast, according to an arrest warrant obtained Wednesday by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The father then put his son back in a rear-facing car seat in the middle of the backseat and drove to work, less than a mile away, the warrant states.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/cops-cobb-toddlers-death-investigation-continues-t/ngRfn/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member