Haleigh Cummings general discussion

I was told that's like the death penalty in family court. Very rarely done.

It's typically only done if an adoptive home is identified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asked some of my legal contacts about this. Here is what I was told:

"It's probably a dependency hrg. They have to have both parents there so Ron was probably transferred for the hearing. If she was arrested for aVOP, Crystal has definitely lost custody of the child via DCF for a temporary basis. Temporary meaning about a year. They probably placed Junior in the custody of a family member until she completes a case plan through DCF."

Was told these types of hearings are sealed.

Correct. Even though RC is currently property of Florida DOC he still has parental rights and has a right to be at the hearing.

That's what I was told. Which is what most likely happened a couple of years ago when Ron was in court. Those kind of cases are usually sealed from the public.

I hope to hedes that TN or GMA Sykes don't get this child. I hate to be cynical but his formative years (0 to 4) were with RC...and that is not a good thing for this boy. The poor child also got his genes. His only chance would be a very good and stable home....

Just confirmed. Teresa and Annette do not have custody of Jr. Marty Sheffield, Crystal's father does.

When I first heard about the case, they said stepmom was watching her. I remember hearing an early interview where Misty said something like she's a big girl, she can take care of herself. I remember thinking what an odd thing to say about a child that age. Never heard them refer to that quote again.

In the very first news reports 'a female cousin' was stated as being there when Haleigh disappeared, then it was corrected to say girlfriend.

Thought I was done for the day.

CS is also in Baker Co. under the same reason RC is being held per vinelink.

Charge 1

Charge Code:AN UNSPECIFIED CHARGE
Charge Description:ORDER TO TAKE INTO CUSTODY
Charge Level:Unknown

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/d...ency=2&id=BCSO06MNI000999&searchType=offender

Neither are listed on Baker Co. jail list.

http://www.bakersheriff.org/jaillist.htm

CS= Crystal Shefield?

Wait....CS is in jail? I can't keep up with this family/extended family and their time in correctional institutions.

Found the answer to my own question :

(Haleigh) Cummings' mother, Crystal Sheffield, has been arrested in Baker County for violating her probation. The nature of Sheffield's parole violation has not been released by authorities. Since late 2013, Sheffield has been arrested for petite theft, disorderly intoxication and possession of drug paraphernalia
http://www.news4jax.com/news/haleigh-cummings-mom-arrested-in-baker-county/26481934

Poor Haleigh never had a chance. I hope somehow, someway her little brother is able to make it out & be a successful adult who contributes to society.

The article also says Ron was brought to Baker Co for a custody hearing and that sources are saying Crystal lost custody of Haleigh' little brother (I guess due to her probation violation?). It doesn't say who has custody of her other child. There's also a petition with 1,000 signatures asking Putnam County to start over at the beginning and revisit Haleigh's disappearance (per the article).

Asked some of my legal contacts about this. Here is what I was told:

"It's probably a dependency hrg. They have to have both parents there so Ron was probably transferred for the hearing. If she was arrested for aVOP, Crystal has definitely lost custody of the child via DCF for a temporary basis. Temporary meaning about a year. They probably placed Junior in the custody of a family member until she completes a case plan through DCF."

Was told these types of hearings are sealed.

My understanding is it varies by state--I believe both Lena and Ralph Lunford both lost their parental rights (As it seems should be the case)--the goal is always family or family reunification but in cases likes these sweet babies--who knows? Maybe the family isn't the best situation for the child/children?

I was told that's like the death penalty in family court. Very rarely done.

Not really. Depends on the state and circumstances. All three of my kids are mine because one bio parent ODed and the other parent was TPR. Unfortunately there are many in that situation:( but sometimes it can take years while the child languishes in the system.

Depends on the state. If i remember right in Oregon an adoptive family doesnt have to be identified first, it really depends on the situation. Heck Ive seen it differ county to county.

I still would like to know why TiC and his wife left town so quickly.....just doesn't sit well with me. At All.

Ron's being transferred back. I know JLChook, that's why I didn't link his blog.

The inmate for whom you registered, RONALD CUMMINGS with offender number V36497, has been transferred from the BAKER COUNTY JAIL to the custody of Lake C. I. as of 6/12/2014. Your registration has also been transferred. You will continue to receive updates about this offender.

Rn was moved to baker Co Due to Crystal's most recent arrest, he was there for a custody hearing for Jr. She has lost custody of both Jr and her daughter. I saw on another forum that Crystal's dad now has Jr.

Ok...who is "Charly"? Is that the guy who is in many of those pics with her? Why havent I heard about this guy before? A new love interest for Misty? A Misty Croslin fan??

I was wondering the same thing - was not sure if I should ask :blushing:

I'm glad you did, Thanks :giggle:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member