The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

He had a cold coming on. Went to bed 'around about 10 o'clock' - Gerard

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s

There was a text message or two, Allison gave him the phone for those - Gerard #badenclay

Didn't tmh text him that afternoon?
Sorry out with a battery slowly dying otherwise I'd look it up
Edit to add
Nvm answered above

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s

Gerard says he wakes instantly if the children move but he has no idea whether Allison came to bed that night. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 5s
Gerard also put on old sneakers with no laces because he was doing some ironing #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 41s
Gerard got changed from corporate Century 21 tie and pants into boxer shorts and a T shirt #badenclay

Allison in pjs and jumper , him in T shirt and boxers on a mid june night , come on big g

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 32s

Gerard says he woke up and Allison was gone. That wasn't unusual, he says she often went walking. #badenclay

Gerard says he had woken late and was rushing that morning. #badenclay

Gerard says it was up to him that day to get the girls ready, make their lunches. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou

Gerard says he did not put his phone onto charge in the middle of the night. #badenclay

Gerard says he had spoken to Toni that afternoon. She called him. At the end of the call, he would delete from call history. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 12s

Gerard says he woke up a little after 6am the next morning. "I'm a very heavy sleeper", says he snores quite loudly. #badenclay

I'm thinking he forgot to delete it and Allison saw it and a fight ensued. But that's just speculation based on other evidence, like blood in the car, scratches on his face, and Allison's body found so many miles from their home.

Sadly, I have to "hit the hay", as they say in the US! :seeya:

:eek:fftobed:

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 60s
The children did not stir this night, and Gerard woke shortly after 6am #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 21s

Gerard says he was about to shave when he heard one of the girls. He went to speak to her and then returned to shave. #badenclay

Gerard: That's when I cut myself. He says ordinarily he'd have a shower first. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · now
While rushing, he cut himself shaving #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 8s
It was a little later than he'd planned and he knew he would have to rush around getting lunches and girls ready for school #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Gerard can't say if his wife went to bed that night, says he's a heavy sleeper #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 3s
The blade was blunt. He pulled down, flicked up and cut himself #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s

Gerard has been asked to show the court his shaving motion. #badenclay

Gerard says the razor was blunt, so he was pushing down on it. #badenclay

Gerard says he cut himself the second time trying to avoid the first cut. Then he did it a third time trying to miss first two.

Caroline Overington
‏@overingtonc
It hurt a lot - and then did it a second time #badenclay

You would think if it was such a big deal that it would have been a good idea to prepare Allison for the baby being a girl.
'....or if it was really that bad, then they wouldn''t have had anymore FFS!!!

“When we got home, mum and dad were there watching TV, one of their favourite shows were on. There was some conversation about the fact that our nephew had just been born and then Allison went to bed and I stayed up with mum and dad watching the show on TV,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he went to a Kenmore Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting on April 19, 2012.

He said his wife agreed to drop the children to school.

“By this stage, a number of months before we had sold the Lexus and traded it down to a Captiva … so Allison’s car was Sparky, the Captiva, and she drove that pretty much all the time,” he said.

“She rarely if ever drove Snowy in 2012.”

The accused said the family had been doing a clean out of the children’s clothes the weekend before.

Baden-Clay said they also got rid of some old toys the girls no longer played with and planned to give them to charity, give them to relatives or hand them down.

“They kept the ones that they really wanted and they had some attachment to and we got rid of the rest,” he said.

He said the clothes were put downstairs outside the garage door because a friend volunteered at the RSPCA and was going to come and pick them up.

“There were so many I think it took her two or three trips to come and pick them up,” he said.

Baden-Clay said his wife loaded the toys into the back of her car, to give them to charity, on April 19.

The jury was shown a photo of the boot of the Holden Captiva with children’s toys inside it.

Baden-Clay pointed out a toy stroller for dolls, a toddler walking frame, a pink bassinette for dolls, a timber rocking cradle, a basket filled with dolls and a plastic container with a backpack and other toys.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 25s
He was having difficulty getting around the cut area and cut again #badenclay

3:39pm: Mr Baden-Clay said his mother collected his daughters from school that afternoon, because Mrs Baden-Clay had a hairdressing appointment.

He joined his children and parents for dinner that night. He said Mrs Baden-Clay was home when he arrived home with the children.

"She was home when we got home," he said.

He said he and wife put the children to bed and then sat down to discuss the day and their plans for the following night.

Mr Baden-Clay said his wife had two questions for him about his affair.

He said she asked about how he celebrated his Ms McHugh's birthdays.

"I said I couldn't remember one," he said.

"The other question was, 'Do you regret the whole thing, or just being caught?' I repeated to her what I had said the night before."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz366B90XpA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member