The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 1st July - Trial Day 13, Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray @TheMurrayD · 24s
Fuller asks about the state of the bed that morning. Gerard: bed cover on Allison's side was folded down like she'd been in it #badenclay

Ok I have been a woman on a mission here. Back in the taped police interview from the day after Allison went missing GBC definitely says that when he got up to make his side of the bed, Allison's side of the doona had already been pulled up (from about 00:45 onwards):

http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/qld-news/badenclay-the-police-tapes-5543107.html

When discussing how he could tell if Allison had been in bed ...

Police: ... the pillow was moved or ...

GBC: ... Yeah, and well, when I went to make the bed, you know, I'd got up and put my, you know, side up, you know, of the doona ... but when I went to make the bed her side was up as well. So, you know when I got into bed, does that make sense? You know, her side of the doona was folded back as well, so she must have done that when she got up.

A bit hard to transcribe - he seemed very jittery and wasn't being too clear. Sounded like he had a mouthful of cottonballs.

4:52pm Wrap: This afternoon ...

* Mr Baden-Clay denied being concerned about his wife's impending run-in with his mistress Toni McHugh at a real estate conference on April 20, 2012.

* The 43-year-old insisted the injuries on his face were shaving cuts, not fingernail scratches.

* He said he did not know how his mobile phone came to be connected to a charger near his bedside table at 1.48am on April 20.

* He also repeatedly denied being under significant financial pressure at the time of his wife's disappearance.

Earlier ...

* Mr Baden-Clay admitted he deceived his wife and his mistress while having brief affairs with other women.

Follow our full coverage of the trial here.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-13-week-4-20140701-3b55i.html#ixzz36CMLkN2m

Why would selling the business be something Toni wanted to hear such that it'd placate her?

TW was none too happy that Allison and GBC spent days working there together.
It used to be her's and GBC's playground.

Only just caught up after a dramatic afternoon in court and here at home. We popped out to the shops in he lunch break and my little miss 11 fainted. 'Twas pretty scary!!
But she's okay now so I'm off to find pictures of the bedroom to try and see where prosecution was going with that.

Never occured to me that Allison could have been using the treadmill when he attacked her.

Re the treadmill... Was he implying that as it was such a tight fit, (and apparently Allison had put on weight, grrrrr) that it would be unlikely that she could squeeze past, in the dark and middle of the night, without him waking up?

Thanks everyone for updates. I have been trying to catch up quickly and so may have missed something obvious.

Where the prosecution asked the same things as the defence had, was there anything that GBC answered differently?

I don't mean what people may see as contradictions in his story, but straight out different answers to the same question.

Thank you :)

:seeya:Well I thought the prosecution was fabulous - no doubt trying to catch GBC in as many porkies and inconsistencies as possible. I think he did a great job of showing up the defendent as being weak, selfish, and dishonest with the people he proclaims his love for (not to mention his disregard for those involved in business with him) He hasn't had a great deal of time to do this, considering the continued life according to Gerard saga up first, then the delay over the blog (if that's what it was). I think he is darting from point to point intentionally - I hope there's a lot more quick fire questions to come about the events of April 19/20. The scratches - he has to be nailed over those and the blood at least !!
I wickedly enjoyed the snippy, squirming moments we got to "witness" (thanks to the tweet posters :seeya: ) now that GBC isn't able to lapse into rambling stories at will.

Hey DrWatson

Quick question

Allison's alcohol reading, was it zero?

Any suggestion she had a cocktail of alcohol and a bit of Zoloft is entirely ruled out - yes?

She had a level of 0.095% alcohol - but due to decomposition and fermentation, most or all of that would be produced after death. This was stated in the autopsy report.

If she had ingested alcohol before death, that level would be expected to be significantly higher due to the products of decomposition being added on top of the base level of alcohol.

Re the treadmill... Was he implying that as it was such a tight fit, (and apparently Allison had put on weight, grrrrr) that it would be unlikely that she could squeeze past, in the dark and middle of the night, without him waking up?

Yes my thought too. That if Allison had squeezed down to plug his phone in, she surely would have disturbed him.

[quote name="Janeumayer" post=10684373]David Murray @TheMurrayD · 24s
Fuller asks about the state of the bed that morning. Gerard: bed cover on Allison's side was folded down like she'd been in it #badenclay

Ok I have been a woman on a mission here. Back in the taped police interview from the day after Allison went missing GBC definitely says that when he got up to make his side of the bed, Allison's side of the doona had already been pulled up (from about 00:45 onwards):

http://media.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/qld-news/badenclay-the-police-tapes-5543107.html

When discussing how he could tell if Allison had been in bed ...

Police: ... the pillow was moved or ...

GBC: ... Yeah, and well, when I went to make the bed, you know, I'd got up and put my, you know, side up, you know, of the doona ... but when I went to make the bed her side was up as well. So, you know when I got into bed, does that make sense? You know, her side of the doona was folded back as well, so she must have done that when she got up.

A bit hard to transcribe - he seemed very jittery and wasn't being too clear. Sounded like he had a mouthful of cottonballs
[/QUOTE]

Then the next day he says it was folded back, when he was at the showgrounds. " I was asked yesterday if there was any evidence that Allison came to bed. When I made my side of the bed her side was folded down." May not have been the exact wording, but along those lines.

What I don't understand about the finances, if someone could explain... what was the 3 x $90 000 spent on, seeing as he needed to borrow another $300 000 for the rent roll?

David Murray @TheMurrayD · 16s
Fuller: you were distressed because of the pressure and Bruce Flegg was your last resort. Gerard: no he wasn't #badenclay

Sorry for quoting myself. This is truth. Flegg was not his last resort. Alison was.

Yeah where was he going with that treadmill, bed and phone charger thing?? I didn't get the climax of the point.

Thank you also to everyone for posting the tweets here today. Much appreciated, made things easier !!

Maybe it's a tight squeeze, you have to be lying or on the bed to reach charger, so if Allison did it she would have rolled on him at 1.48 am or else, he did it? jmo

Then the next day he says it was folded back, when he was at the showgrounds. " I was asked yesterday if there was any evidence that Allison came to bed. When I made my side of the bed her side was folded down." May not have been the exact wording, but along those lines.

What I don't understand about the finances, if someone could explain... what was the 3 x $90 000 spent on, seeing as he needed to borrow another $300 000 for the rent roll?

I wonder why Fuller didn't point out to Gerard how he had previously answered that. They seemed to drop it?

I was amused he kept saying like "I don't see it in the photo" when he asked if he saw her pajamas and "I didn't put it on the charger" when he was asked again where it was. Instead of just like "I don't know" or an answer they seem cagey answers. It's like Gerard's worried Fuller's got something and doesn't know the safe answer.

Yeah where was he going with that treadmill, bed and phone charger thing?? I didn't get the climax of the point.

Thank you also to everyone for posting the tweets here today. Much appreciated, made things easier !![/QUOTE

Maybe he was indicating the gap between the bed and the treadmill was too small to fit between the tready and the bed, and the only way anyone could put the phone on the charger would be lying on/in the bed.

Maybe he will come back to this tomorrow with further questions regarding Allison's pyjamas.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 24s

Gerard says her falling over, getting knocked unconscious, was foremost in his mind. #badenclay

I'd say that's exactly what happened, but IMO it was in reverse - "getting knocked unconscious, falling over" . . . to be continued tomorrow.

Sorry for quoting myself. This is truth. Flegg was not his last resort. Alison was.

Sad but true. GBC is the 'Plan A' type of guy, yesterday he went on about his Plan A, B, C and I said, like you, Plan D was Allison. jmo :(

Phew..finally caught up, been madly speed reading. Exhausted now.. But what a day in court.. Big thumbs up to prosecution so far..GBC seems to be tying himself in knots with his responses at times and getting a bit snarky with being put on the spot with questions.
Very big thanks to our twitter relayers(sorry I know nothing about using twitter!).. and thoughts to Allisons family today.

I am going to take a much needed break for the night I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school