Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whomever is involved in this case could have been over the Canada/USA border before the family was reported missing.

It's puzzling a 5 year old would be dropped off at the grandparents at 10:00 p.m. If this is the case, the only thing the little boy would have done would be go to sleep and maybe ?? have breakfast with his grandparents and then be picked up.

I don't quite understand the point of this sleepover. Had N been going to spend all day Monday with the grandparents it would make more sense to me.

Is N's mother an only child?

imo

The couple had spent the weekend selling what they owned in Calgary, a friend said, and were moving to a condo they had bought in Mexico.

“Oh, really nice people, absolutely,” said Jennifer Lee, a resident in Parkhill. “They were just on their way. They were moving to northern Alberta, I understand

Neighbour says missing grandmother, Kathryn Liknes mentioned going to US, maybe Mexico with husband. #yyc

I still wonder why all the different places mentioned that they were going? They were selling everything, but seemed pretty "iffy" on where they were going - or just didn't tell others their real plans?

Also wanted to bring Wondergirl's house photo forward again to show those who had not seen it the easy access from the rear (adjacent to park):

attachment.php

Whomever is involved in this case could have been over the Canada/USA border before the family was reported missing.

It's puzzling a 5 year old would be dropped off at the grandparents at 10:00 p.m. If this is the case, the only thing the little boy would have done would be go to sleep and maybe ?? have breakfast with his grandparents and then be picked up.

I don't quite understand the point of this sleepover. Had N been going to spend all day Monday with the grandparents it would make more sense to me.

imo

He wasn't dropped off at 10 pm. Him and his mother were at the grandparents house all say Sunday for the estate sale. His mother left at 10 pm, and Nathan stayed there. "Dropped off" was a miswording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Robertson ‏@dcrHerald ·2 mins ·
About six family members just lined into back of room. Not to be filmed. They mostly look calm. Others will take stage.

He wasn't dropped off at 10 pm. Him and his mother were at the grandparents house all say Sunday for the estate sale. His mother left at 10 pm, and Nathan stayed there. "Dropped off" was a miswording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mcfearless. I thought I read upthread that she and N had left her parent's estate sale and then returned at 10 p.m.

What you are saying makes more sense.

imo

Nathan, at least one of his brothers and his mother were at the Liknes home on Sunday during the sale. Mom left Nathan only to sleepover.

Siblings are almost 2 (too young to stay over I would guess) and almost 12. Monday morning started our first week of summer here. Camps and other activities - June 30th was the first day for everything. My guess was that the oldest child (who is Nathan's half brother by his dad), could have had summer plans for Monday morning. To me, there is nothing suspicious about this anymore.

And yes, you can be at the Canada/U.S border in 5 hrs or so.

Nathan, at least one of his brothers and his mother were at the Liknes home on Sunday during the sale. Mom left Nathan only to sleepover.

Siblings are almost 2 (too young to stay over I would guess) and almost 12. Monday morning started our first week of summer here. Camps and other activities - June 30th was the first day for everything. My guess was that the oldest child (who is Nathan's half brother by his dad), could have had summer plans for Monday morning. To me, there is nothing suspicious about this anymore.

And yes, you can be at the Canada/U.S border in 5 hrs or so.

3.5 hours by car from their home in SW Calgary to Port of Entry @ Sweetgrass, MT.

What a class act family! So, so, so heartbreaking!!! Mom is so strong!

"They were planning on moving to Edmonton for 3 months, then moving to Mexico, not sure for how long but they were planning on then moving back to Edmonton as they have bought (or have, feed broke up a little) a house there"

Son, on live feed.

CBC News Alerts ‏@CBCAlerts 5m
In tears, father of missing Calgary 5-year-old says they'll bring him home 'very soon'. Asks whoever has Nathan O'Brien to let him go.

Mexico property belongs to Alvin's twin brother. They have other family down there. Sounds like they were going there to visit family and take a break before moving to Edmonton.

CTV News ‏@CTVNews 6m
Nathan O'Brien's parents say their missing five-year-old son is their 'superhero.' 'We will see you soon.' http://ow.ly/yIt91

CBC News Alerts ‏@CBCAlerts 2m
Family of missing Calgary 5-year-old, grandparents says they don't know of anyone holding a grudge against couple.

Both Kathy and Nathan's dad had declared bankruptcy in past couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urlosingit