GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for those of you who think this was an accident:

Why did RH lie to LE about the lunchtime trip that he made to his car? (I suppose it's possible that he forgot -again!- that he went to his car, but would anyone believe that?)

If this truly is a tragic accident, is there any acceptable reason for him to lie to LE about his movements during the day?

I'm not trying to be snarky - I'd genuinely like to know your opinions.

Before I stepped away, NG footage showed a camera mounted on a business (on the back) a couple of doors down from the pizza store. Wonder if that cam picked up JRH?

To support the current charges LE will have to show that:

a. a child suffered excessive physical or mental pain due to the criminal negligence of someone (a felony), and
b. that the child died during the commission of said felony (felony murder.)

IMO, the only question is whether or not he committed criminal negligence, which by the below definition I would say yes, he did:

http://research.lawyers.com/glossary/criminal-negligence.html

So it comes down whether you believe a reasonable person could forget his own child in a hot car for 7 hours after interacting with that child <5 minutes before doing so and then completely failed to see that child when returning to the vehicle during the day. By my standards of reasonable behavior, that isn't possible, or at least is so dangerous to the health and welfare of others that it isn't reasonable.

And that's literally the gist of what we've been arguing about for the past week. Some of us think there might have been actual intent, but again, intent doesn't have to be shown for the current charges to be levied.

Exactly. The statute for felony murder even states that it is irregardless of intent. It has to be a death caused during the commission of a felony.

So, with these charges, the DA has put themselves in a position where they only have to prove Harris was criminally negligent in leaving Cooper in the car. Which *should* be a slam dunk.

Before I stepped away, NG footage showed a camera mounted on a business (on the back) a couple of doors down from the pizza store. Wonder if that cam picked up JRH?

I hope it did. There are a lot of businesses in the shopping center. I hope more than one camera caught video footage.

Also, wouldn't there be dash cam footage from the police cruisers that responded to the scene?

NG Producer said that camera has a seven day reset. He said the problem with these cameras at many businesses is they set them up and rarely check on them after they originally get them and big percentage aren't working properly.

Is Chic-fil-a a restaurant with a server or do you order at a counter and take your own food to a table? Regardless, I would expect that Chic-fil-a will produce a receipt of what RH ordered and video footage of the two. JMO

I just wish someone could have found this baby before he suffered such an awful death. If the dad did this on purpose, and I think he did he should suffer the same death. IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is Chic-fil-a a restaurant with a server or do you order at a counter and take your own food to a table? Regardless, I would expect that Chic-fil-a will produce a receipt of what RH ordered and video footage of the two. JMO

You order at a counter and take the food to a table.

At Chick-Fil-A you order at the counter, however if you are dining in they will usually bring the food to your table.

Quoting SStarr from the prior thread re: other parents who have forgotten their children also doing Internet searches:

"None that I know of.
I am waiting to see exactly what that is all about."

We don't know of other cases like this because in other cases Internet search history wasn't even a factor or investigated. Which brings us back to the theory that something set off the cops' hinky meter right from the start, either at the scene or in questioning RH, or both.

I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with anyone in particular, merely using SStarr's post to mention that.

I am still reserving my final judgement awaiting further details. Hoping we hear a good amount more tomorrow. I just can't spend my time over-analyzing an expression in a photo where anything could have been happening. I take horrible photos sometimes but I'm a pretty happy person. Just like when the paparazzi analyze a celeb out with their mate and they are scowling and it's all, "oh! So and so are headed for divorce!!" It's like dude, maybe the sun was in her eyes?!" Lol And then 9 times out of 10 they are probably right about the divorce prediction anyway since they WILL eventually get divorced. Haha...anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to one years ago and it had no table service. You order at the counter like in most fast food places.

Matou, it's the latter--it's a typical fast food restaurant in that respect.

HLN has officially gone nutz over this case. They showed a 'countdown clock to hearing' for a few minutes on NG.

Or there's always *****y resting face. I have a bad case of that myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wish someone could have found this baby before he suffered such an awful death. If the dad did this on purpose, and I think he did he should suffer the same death. IMO

I think jail would be a worse fate.

I just can't believe no one noticed the baby in the car. Someone posted a photo earlier of the HD parking lot (where Harris works), and it was packed. His windows are not that dark. Previous photo posted of his vehicle, I could clearly see in.

Unless he parked far away from any other cars I suppose?

NG Producer said that camera has a seven day reset. He said the problem with these cameras at many businesses is they set them up and rarely check on them after they originally get them and big percentage aren't working properly.

Thanks, Lorne! I stepped away, missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph