GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught up! Goodness about the note passing. I wonder, was the Bailiff depressed? What was he wearing, was it dark colours? Did he look like the sort to be lying around on a couch for hours on end? (Can he breastfeed?)

Really though, what did GBC think he might achieve with the note? The rules simply don't pertain to him, it seems, whether that be remaining faithful to your wife, not trading insolvent, or those in a court of law. Incredible!

After reflecting the evidence he gave the previous day
GBC - I was actually my suggestion about the app.
It was me who found it and it was me that loaded it on our phones and showed Allison how to use it.
Fuller - You also knew how to turn it off?
GBC - We both knew how to turn it off. The app runs on the phone - links into GPS and location service.
Fuller - On the one day you needed it, it let you down.
GBC - Correct on the one day I needed it it let me down.

Why did GBC feel the need to correct the evidence her gave the day before and provide this information.

What am I missing?

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.a...-concerned-about-mistress-phoning-wi/2306708/

It was posted on twitter what station it was that approached the jury member.
I thought the journalist may have remembered a "face" from the visit to KC or the house.
But thinking more about it Im not sure now. Nothing surprises me anymore....:dunno:.

Caught up! Goodness about the note passing. I wonder, was the Bailiff depressed? What was he wearing, was it dark colours? Did he look like the sort to be lying around on a couch for hours on end? (Can he breastfeed?)

Really though, what did GBC think he might achieve with the note? The rules simply don't pertain to him, it seems, whether that be remaining faithful to your wife, not trading insolvent, or those in a court of law. Incredible!

More interesting reading-

http://samvak.tripod.com/narcissistimmunity.html

"The narcissist is entitled to "special treatment": high living standards, constant and immediate catering to his ever shifting needs, the avoidance of the mundane and the routine, an absolution of his sins, fast track privileges (to higher education, or in his encounters with the bureaucracy). Punishment is for ordinary people (where no great loss to humanity is involved). Narcissists feel that they are above the law."

Thanks Ali. I was happy just being an observer until I found this info.
Working on the next bombshell as we speak.

Hello SwiftSleuth, pleased to meet you. Might need to rename you Drop-a-bombshell Sleuther! (No, just joking! Swift Sleuther is super).
Oh my! The powers of collective thinking or brain-storming. Thank-you.
Thanks also for that wow stuff. This whole business has more twists than a rattle snake.
And you have another bombshell? Gulp.... dunno if I can cope with any more. Will stay tuned .....

After reflecting the evidence he gave the previous day
GBC - I was actually my suggestion about the app.
It was me who found it and it was me that loaded it on our phones and showed Allison how to use it.
Fuller - You also knew how to turn it off?
GBC - We both knew how to turn it off. The app runs on the phone - links into GPS and location service.
Fuller - On the one day you needed it, it let you down.
GBC - Correct on the one day I needed it it let me down.

Why did GBC feel the need to correct the evidence her gave the day before and provide this information.

What am I missing?

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.a...-concerned-about-mistress-phoning-wi/2306708/

Just reading your link to the cross examination and I realised that Mr Fuller suggests to GBC that he killed Allison in the early hours of the ( Friday) morning. I guess this fits with him smothering her while she was sleeping and not late evening on the Thursday. So maybe all the screams around 9 to 10 are red herrings. I guess it's speculation as to the timing on the prosecutions part as they don't know the details.

Hello SwiftSleuth, pleased to meet you. Might need to rename you Drop-a-bombshell Sleuther! (No, just joking! Swift Sleuther is super).
Oh my! The powers of collective thinking or brain-storming. Thank-you.
Thanks also for that wow stuff. This whole business has more twists than a rattle snake.
And you have another bombshell? Gulp.... dunno if I can cope with any more. Will stay tuned .....

Thanks Ladybird. I don't have another bombshell as yet but am sleuthing like no tomorrow to find something.

I do have some Dr Robertson comparison photos if anyone would like to see them. Can I post them here?

Just reading your link to the cross examination and I realised that Mr Fuller suggests to GBC that he killed Allison in the early hours of the ( Friday) morning. I guess this fits with him smothering her while she was sleeping and not late evening on the Thursday. So maybe all the screams around 9 to 10 are red herrings. I guess it's speculation as to the timing on the prosecutions part as they don't know the details.

Keeping in mind I have zero knowledge about iphones GPS and location services.
I was thinking that maybe they may have been able to establish what time his app was turned off.

Thanks Ali. I was happy just being an observer until I found this info.
Working on the next bombshell as we speak.

Wow! What a fantastic first post to get our attention! Seems surprising that the defence chose him? I'm surprised if it is him that he'd bring his name into the spotlight again. I imagine the media will be all over it soon. Welcome, can't wait for part 2!

I was thinking that maybe they may have been able to establish what time his app was turned off.

From the bail hearing computer guy, didn't he say it had never been turned on until the police were using it. Was that further mentioned in the trial?

Wasn't the whole point of the earlier comments at the bail hearing, by Judge Peter Applegarth, that the app had not in fact been used, according to its logs, and that therefore for GBC to claim that he HAD been using it must be stupid?

Wow! What a fantastic first post to get our attention! Seems surprising that the defence chose him? I'm surprised if it is him that he'd bring his name into the spotlight again. I imagine the media will be all over it soon. Welcome, can't wait for part 2!

It's him alright. I'm 100% sure now!

Hi all, long-time lurker and have been following the trial through Websleuths and other media.

A couple of things bother me and I was wondering whether anybody here had picked up on them as well. I have been trawling through the Baden-Clay threads to find comment to no avail, so if anybody has commented on these matters previously, feel free to point me in the right direction.

The first matter relates to inconsistencies in the defendant's statements to police about his morning ablutions.

In Constable Ash's statement, he states at (15):

"Gerard then told Police that he had been out searching for Allison in her car, the silver Holden Captiva that was reverse parked in under the carport. Gerard said that he had driven around a few of the local streets that Allison normally walked along. He said that he couldn’t find her and had to return home to get his daughters up, give them breakfast and get them ready for school, as well as get himself ready by having a '****, shower and shave'."

Ergo: the defendant told Constable Ash that he conducted a brief search of the local area for the Allison before returning home to get his daughters ready for school and perform his morning ablutions (which includes shaving).

In the recorded interview with Sgt Jackson and Sen Sgt Curtis, the defendant is asked "What time did you get up?" and gives the following response:

"Just after 6.00am … I do my usual, excuse me, ****, shower and shave in the morning, this morning was no different. I check all my emails when I’m sitting on the toilet. I did that. Um then um, and then I was rushing cause the, I needed … to get all the girls up. S <modsnip> got up. And then I cut myself."

Ergo: the defendant told Sgt Jackson and Sen Sgt Curtis that he performed his ablutions soon after getting up, and this is when he cut himself shaving.

The two statements to police (made within about 30 minutes of one another) are clearly inconsistent and I was wondering what the prosecution had to say about this?

The second matter relates to the defendant's evidence under cross-examination when asked by Mr Fuller whether he was anxious to get back to his children after allegedly transporting Allison to Kholo Creek and dumping her underneath the bridge. The defendant's response is:

"The suggestion that I would leave my children for any time, in the middle of the night, is absurd ..."

However, the defendant had admitted to Constable Ash that he had left his children alone in the house in the early morning to search for the missing Allison. This point was not pursued by Mr Fuller - can anybody allude as to why?

Have these matters been discussed elsewhere?

From the bail hearing computer guy, didn't he say it had never been turned on until the police were using it. Was that further mentioned in the trial?
Thanks Alioop
That's right it was not turned on in the morning when he claimed the app doesn't say either.
I still wonder what time he actually turned it off though - that's of course if he did. Given early hours of Friday morning were mentioned by Fuller.

Well.... After many highs and lows throughout this trial, of this I am certain:

The prospect of coming up against mr fuller in a court of law would make me feel physically ill. He was pretty frightening, even in the transcripts and I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be on the receiving end of that sharp tongue. Pretty impressive display.

It really hit home to me that aside from GBC less than ethical moral standards, the prosecution theory is really the only thing that makes sense to me. It's the most logical and sound theory of what happened that night.

I've never really been sure throughout this trial, but at this point I do believe he is guilty. Surprisingly to me, all I feel is an overwhelming sadness that if this is the case, there are no winners. So many have lost so much, in particular three little girls

x

Making a note here...

It's up to WS Admin & moderators to decide what is or isn't up for discussion.

We'll leave it at that & move forward thanks.

Dr Michael Robertson.
Main picture from yesterday and inset picture from USA days

look at lips, ears, nose, eyes, even hair.

Attachments

• Dr M Robertson3.jpg
    Dr M Robertson3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 146
Thanks Alioop
That's right it was not turned on in the morning when he claimed the app doesn't say either.
I still wonder what time he actually turned it off though - that's of course if he did. Given early hours of Friday morning were mentioned by Fuller.

It was actually my suggestion about that application. It was me that found it and me that loaded it on our phones. And showed Allison how to use it. It would be true to then say that Allison asked that we continue to use that application.

Mr Fuller: You also knew how to turn it off?

Mr Baden-Clay: We both knew how to turn it off that's correct. The application runs on the phone, links into the GPS on it, links into location service. On occasion it doesn't' function or malfunctions and doesn't seem to work properly and we found that through trial and error the way to restart it was to turn off and turn it back on again

Mr Fuller: And on the one day you needed it, it failed you?

Mr Baden-Clay: And on the one day I needed it, it failed me, that's correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard