Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the grandfather is dead and Nathan and his grandma are still alive. I feel the blood at the house was the grandpas.

This would make sense with what JO said at the initial press conference. paraphrase "I know grandma is holding you Nathan"

A neighbour reported him to police because they recognized the truck as DG's. Police went to the home this past friday night and removed both DG and the truck from the property. No word where the truck is now exactly.

Sure it was a neighbour who reported him to police? I didn't hear that. I've only hear LE got a tip from the public. Not meaning to be a pain but could you please provide a link kitty. TIA.

and according to the homeowners pastor, they are well. So no worries about the elder Garlands. HTH.

Bill Macfarlane
‏@CTVBMacfarlane
Family of "person of interest" well loved in #Airdrie remember they are also in difficult time. Spare a thought for them

https://twitter.com/CTVBMacfarlane/status/486267350698577921

Do you have a link please?

TIA

I think this is where that came in? A guy who knows their pastor says they are as good as to be expected?

Devin Heroux @Devin_Heroux
RCMP officers now heading back from NE location. There are no officers searching in fields at this point. #cbc

Br-x4hACEAA_7eU.jpg

https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux

With RCMP heading out now, is it possible that the case has been handed over to them rather than local LE? Here in Ontario, we have local LE, OPP(Ontario Provincial Police) and finally RCMP. I'm really not an expert in the LE area, so not even sure if that's how that works. Sorry in advance if this comment was useless. :facepalm:

The fact that LE is allowing media above the search site, and so close to the site - I mean, really, they could block it off, it tells a story to me.

They WANT it out there about this search.

It's like others have said. There is WAY, WAY more going on in the background. Like the LEO said - he has never seen anything this big before.

I don't know. It's just so upsetting.

They absolutely want media there. LE said "spread the word" to all the media people there. They said everyone can ogle and take pictures as long as they don't go past the pylons. They said "we have a job to do and so do you so lets work together and respect eachother". They gave media members the go-ahead to use the porto potties they had set up (they were allowed to use the one at the driveway entrance). They answered every question even if it was to say they can't share info. They were friendly to all media members. Hell yes they want media there!

Ok sleuthers...so what biz deal connects AL and DG? Settling the score...trying to get cash before AL leaves the country?

Poor NO wasn't supposed to be there... : * (

Yes, the random FB photo needs to be removed. Nothing on the FB page even suggests that it is DG, nor does it look like him!! We cannot be posting random pics of people!

With RCMP heading out now, is it possible that the case has been handed over to them rather than local LE? Here in Ontario, we have local LE, OPP(Ontario Provincial Police) and finally RCMP. I'm really not an expert in the LE area, so not even sure if that's how that works. Sorry in advance if this comment was useless. :facepalm:

CPS has been in charge of this since they went missing. When they discovered they had to go to airdrie, some RCMP got involved as well since it's technically RCMP jurisdiction as it's outside of Calgary city limits. So they are working together while investigating the property.

Do you have a link please?

TIA

It's posted in this thread somewhere. A reporter commented to remember the family also on twitter and DG's parents' pastor responded to the tweet saying they were good people and doing as well as can be expected.

Ok sleuthers...so what biz deal connects AL and DG? Settling the score...trying to get cash before AL leaves the country?

Poor NO wasn't supposed to be there... : * (

I wonder if the estate sale was a sign to DG - they really were leaving and it was time to make his move. JMO

Video confirming the family relationship between DG and the Ls and speaks out about a falling out between DG and AL http://globalnews.ca/calgary/

Permalink:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1436203/m...igators-spend-third-day-searching-rural-land/

@ 0:42 the reporter says:

We are told that DG, the so called person of interest, his sister is married to the son from a former marriage of the missing grandfather, AL.

Family members also tell us that the two used to work together, but there was subsequently been a falling out.

See post 400 on page 16

That post was about DG parents are doing the best they can, per their pastor.

Sorry for reason I cannot reply to anyones post.

Global Calgary News at 6pm

SUV searched
New area searched 2km NE of first property
3rd search area intensified in last hour
DG remains in custody till Wed at least
DG has no lawyer yet and only consulted with Duty Council so far
Alvin and DG had a falling out several years ago after a business deal ended badly

In bold...very interesting and what some sleuthers suspected. So did DG figure he would get some money owed to him by Alvin after all these years or get revenge? Figuring AL and KL were moving away to Mexico and having a criminal record DG wouldn't be allowed to travel across the border. To him now was the time to take care of a long standing resentment from bad business dealing?

I still get the impression from the PC that the family knew something or suspected something. JO spoke more so, as if she was trying to contain her temper, as if she felt like she wanted to blurt out something personal to the abductors. MOO.

In other highly publicized missing person cases are there not usually more PC's and more pleas from the family members to find the missing. Just thinking of the Tori Stafford case and Tim Bosma too. I have to wonder if there is reason there have not been more pleas publicly in this case? Anybody have any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member