The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 36s

Judge says Toni McHugh gave evidence that she began an affair with Gerard in August 2008. #badenclay

Judge says Toni said the affair was up and down all the time. #badenclay

Judge says Toni spoke of Gerard breaking things off after Allison found out. #badenclay

Judge says the affair was not over. He says Toni spoke of being contacted again by Gerard, things resumed. #badenclay

Judge says emails between Gerard and Toni were shown to the jury. #badenclay

Judge says the two were in regular contact in April, 2012. #badenclay

Judge says on April 19 they spoke on the phone. Gerard told Toni she and Allison would both be at real estate conference next day.#badenclay

I bet it was

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 41s
The next day he told her 'just answer yes or no', had she told police they were still together.

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 32s

"I need you to know I don't know what's happened here, I need to you know I love you." #badenclay to Toni McHugh. @9NewsBrisbane

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 43s

Court is adjourned until 2.30pm when Justice Byrne will continue. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 26s

We've adjourned until 2.30pm. #badenclay

she is at the police station. ..... . and he calls her..

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 47s

Justice Byrne is now cautioning the jury about things said by Allison #badenclay when they're relayed through a witness.

Essentially the prosecution have done a fantastic job, and the defence team has been left with having to call witnesses whose statements as to what Allison said or did have been discounted by the judge which simply leave the facts standing for themselves. No church going friend's attempt at showing the ebb and flow on video, no hearsay about what GBC said Allison did or did not do to his family, just the cold hard rational facts; the emails, the diary, the scratches, the leaves, where she was found, the phone calls .....I am going to call it...'guilty as charged your honour'... Yes I know Troops, you have been as steadfast as a rock on this...but not all of us are as smart.

I know everyone e has been emotional all through, but how are you all now??
I've not been able to follow as much as I'd have liked due to school holidays and doing things with the kids etc. so I'm usually really behind and I try catch up at night. So I've not contributed much, but the contributions of others haven't gone unnoticed!
Anyways... I'm unbelievably emotional today, on tenterhooks and keep crying at every but I read in here...

We are so close, so so close...

I'm sure he'll get convicted, just as Simon Gittany did but I'm feeling exactly the same way what we wait!

Take care everyone and bug huggles to you all. Hopefully soon we can 'pop a bottle' :)
Xo

Take care of yourself humdinger ♥

If the parents are not there, I'd say they have left the country. Back to Bwana Land. More arrests after he's found guilty and spills the beans on his accomplice/s?

Essentially the prosecution have done a fantastic job, and the defence team has been left with having to call witnesses whose statements as to what Allison said or did have been discounted by the judge which simply leave the facts standing for themselves. No church going friend's attempt at showing the ebb and flow on video, no hearsay about what GBC said Allison did or I'd not do to his family, just the cold hard rational facts; the emails, the diary, the scratches, the leaves, where she was found, the phone calls .....I am going to call it...'guilty as charged your honour'... Yes I know Troops, you have been as steadfast as a rock on this...but not all of us are as smart.

I agree but as i said before " beyond reasonable doubt worries me " and do ALL jurors know what that means , and where is it defined . still say he is guilty but we are not the jurors , if we were he would hang

she is at the police station. ..... . and he calls her..

That is pretty damning. Fancy being so unlucky that you call your mistress while she is being questioned at the police station!! Shows he was nervous about getting their stories synced!! He had told her to tell the truth but he had no idea what "truth" meant or entailed. Was she going to go for his level of truth of her level of truth or what!!!

Have not read the thread but first up this morning the judge told the court that someone "wearing purple" had approached the jury or a member of the jury and asked them what their opinion was if they had to give odds for or against a guilty verdict... Something along those lines. Wow people are stupid!
Olivia wearing purple today. Lol

If the parents are not there, I'd say they have left the country. Back to Bwana Land. More arrests after he's found guilty and spills the beans on his accomplice/s?

for sure look out nbc they are coming after you , and worse than the caterpillars

Is anyone left with any reasonable doubt that he killed her, based on the evidence presented in Court?

Based on the evidence presented in this trial my vote would be YES Guilty!

they are in court....

Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay, daughter Olivia and son Adam in their usual seats in court behind Gerard #badenclay

Gerard, 1m away, motionless and silent in the dock as we wait for the jury #badenclay

Is anyone left with any reasonable doubt that he killed her, based on the evidence presented in Court?

no.. Based on the evidence given in court.. not a shadow of a doubt.

I have often felt like Madame De Farge.... you all know who Thérèse Defarge is, a character from Dickens' Tale of Two Cities... she sits on her comfy stool near the guillotine in the time of the French Revolution, happily knitting away as the heads roll off the blade.. that's me. Because I do think he murdered Alison, he'd had murder on his mind for sometime.. murder with profit.. the profit was the motivator for the murder. The thought and the realisation that the insurance was his only source of relief.. all other avenues had been shut off.

It takes about 4 to 5 minutes to strangle someone.. . plenty of time to rethink the situation thru. . an opportunistic murder?? yes... but it was there in his mind. He may not have called it that, but he was a practiced deceiver of himself most of all. His deceptive ways with others was merely the by-product..

so count me IN.. guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member