The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 9th July - Trial Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Liadan, I could listen to him all day no problems. I personally didn't see any finger pointing going on and while I didn't mind listening to JB alot of the legal jargon went way over my head.
It was nice to meet you Kiwijayne, Snails and Itsthevibe.

It was nice to meet you too! Plus Freya, Snails and Itsthevibe

How did the evidence compare with the evidence in this trial? Was it mostly circumstantial ? That is an awful responsibility!

Timmy, all facts pointed to murder, but near the end of the trial (when he was backed into a corner), he changed his plea to manslaughter. I thought GBC might have done the same - silly me. I should have known that he wouldn't fess up to anything. Anyway in my case, we still made a guilty verdict, but I can assure you that all the jury was distressed, vomiting, crying etc etc. Before we faced the court with our verdict, we spent a few minutes having a group hug and telling jokes. Sounds disrespectful now, but it was survival for us. After the trial we heard that he had previously been suspected or charged - I can't remember - with attempted murder of someone else.

I wondered if OBW knew something that we didn't when she came to court today smiling. My opinion only.

I couldn't cope if there were jury tampering. That is protraction of the whole lie. My opinion only.

So this theory means you are going with the premeditated angle? I swing between the two at times. Sometimes I think it was preplanned for some time(just not when etc), Other times I think it was planned, but only in the hours or possible day or so before Allisons death. Occasionally I think maybe it was a spare of the moment thing. But given all the evidence I am thinking there was definitely intent and leaning towards premeditated.( I definitely think there was thought about it being a way out when he was stuck in this bind with all the pressures- but whether he actually seriously thought of doing it with the intention of carrying it through- that I sway on sometimes)

To me it seems like it might have been something he thought about at times, then things reached a pinnacle and he actually carried it out.

I agree with this - and it is also why he ditched the phone at that stage - he was going with the random stranger story at the start. IMO the suicide story came either from his family or his defence team or both.
I think the same. He forgot to take the rings off though. Might have at least looked like robbery.

Timmy, all facts pointed to murder, but near the end of the trial (when he was backed into a corner), he changed his plea to manslaughter. I thought GBC might have done the same - silly me. I should have known that he wouldn't fess up to anything. Anyway in my case, we still made a guilty verdict, but I can assure you that all the jury was distressed, vomiting, crying etc etc. Before we faced the court with our verdict, we spent a few minutes having a group hug and telling jokes. Sounds disrespectful now, but it was survival for us. After the trial we heard that he had previously been suspected or charged - I can't remember - with attempted murder of someone else.
Wow that is so awful. I'm really sorry you went through that. I would be a complete mess having to come to such a decision!

Certainly sounds like an experience that would stay with you for a life time.

003742-7dedf866-0667-11e4-ba4e-3b3727fd03ff.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226982264933

He said there was a vacuum in the boot of a Holden Commodore sedan.

He said he tested the vacuum and obtained a weak TMB reaction, but put it down to rust.

He said he received a negative reaction after testing for blood on the brush.

Sen-Constable Streeting said he could also perform a confirmatory test to determine whether a blood sample was human or from an animal.

The jury was shown a photo of the interior of the Holden Captiva.

He said there may have been botanical evidence taken from the car.

Sen-Sgt Taylor said a vacuum device was used to search for scientific evidence in the car.

http://m.news.com.au/QLD/fi11757133.htm

sorry to post this again but the vacuum talk makes me want to :banghead:

Can anyone explain this part... May have been.... I don't understand this!

Question for the fangirls :D
I am trying to remember in order of what Todd Fullers name given is on here... help.. I know its starts with Stonecold.... and there's a 'fox' in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa