LeAnna (Mom) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that it was said that JRH had the new car seat in his vehicle and was just purchased before LH went to AL to see her mom or family so they hadn't switched back to the new seat in the two weeks or so since she came back. I bet a whole lot of texting, kikking it, whatever happened while she was in AL...jmo

If he could afford $4,000 to charge on his credit card (I believe it was a new guitar?), he could certainly afford $100 for a new car seat. Most parents who share responsibility of driving their child have a suitable car seat in each car. Moving those things (with the latches) is a pain in the butt (if you're doing it correctly).

I don't buy this BS story for one minute. Nobody in their right mind would put a 2 yo in an infant seat. Heck, it's probably safer to have the kid sitting on the seat with a seat belt than shoved into that little car seat.

So why does a mother whose child just died accidentally because her husband forgot him in the car get a lawyer ASAP?

I think anyone wise whose husband was arrested for this and was herself being questioned would get an attorney, guilty or not. I also happen to think think she's involved, but if anything like this, any accident, or missing situation EVER happened with my family, I'd get an attorney before I spoke to ANYONE. I'd certainly cooperate because I want my child back, or the crime solved, but I'd also be protecting my legal interests. I would NOT 100% trust LE to be looking out for me, because I know their job is to solve the crime. I'd have an attorney. You bet I would. Lickety split. Ad websleuths would all sit here watching and think it was a sign I was guilty and I wouldn't care.

Her voice in the funeral sounds so odd to me. I don't hear any sadness in it. One would expect a mother's voice to be thick with emotion at the funeral of her baby. Her tone sounds like she's speaking at a work conference.

I wonder if he has blackmail over her, i.e., he knows some dark secrets about her that she doesn't want anyone else to know.

Where can you hear it?!? I've only read quotes! I'd love a link. Please!!!

Most people who are on medication do not chew gum. They just sit there and are not active unless needed. No one chews gum and give the "I'm bored" look. She did not look medicated, she just looked totally bored with the entire hearing. JMO.

I did wonder about this. It seemed so strange to just sit there looking bored and chewing gum...that I wondered if this was a side effect of medication? I have no experience in this area so didn't know. She honestly looked like a bored high school student in biology class.

I'd like to know more about her. Like what she drove, what the home looked like, did she have OCD or was she a slob. The.pictures I saw that I think was their home looked kinda sterile...
Was she an equal partner in the marriage or was RH the metrosexual in the relationship.
Was bis car the nice one and hers a clunker?

Something I read on reddit made me think that she probably "made do" while he treated himself constantly.
Did she make her lunch and take it every day to save a buck or two while he ate breakfast and lunch out everyday squandering it.
Don't guess we will hear about it.

all.moo

Iam interested in all this too. You can tell a lot about someone by the state of their home. Are there pictures out there of their house? I haven't seen any.

The gum chewing…I had a totally different impression but would like to know if she smokes cigarettes. I have two friends who smoke and when they are presented with situations where they cannot smoke for prolonged periods of time (for them over two hours), they CHOMP on Nicorette gum. They WANT a SMOKE...and they incessantly and excessively chomp on that gum. IMO...exactly the CHOMPING I thought LH displayed. Now, if she does NOT smoke that does open up some questions.

or......a long term ''dieter''

I think anyone wise whose husband was arrested for this and was herself being questioned would get an attorney, guilty or not. I also happen to think think she's involved, but if anything like this, any accident, or missing situation EVER happened with my family, I'd get an attorney before I spoke to ANYONE. I'd certainly cooperate because I want my child back, or the crime solved, but I'd also be protecting my legal interests. I would NOT 100% trust LE to be looking out for me, because I know their job is to solve the crime. I'd have an attorney. You bet I would. Lickety split. Ad websleuths would all sit here watching and think it was a sign I was guilty and I wouldn't care.

LOL, that's awesome.

I am still on the :fence: with LH. Some of her comments/behaviors are very difficult for me to fathom. But I am still far away from feeling comfortable landing on teh she was part of some plan to kill Cooper.

Just not there yet JMO

The gum chewing…I had a totally different impression but would like to know if she smokes cigarettes. I have two friends who smoke and when they are presented with situations where they cannot smoke for prolonged periods of time (for them over two hours), they CHOMP on Nicorette gum. They WANT a SMOKE...and they incessantly and excessively chomp on that gum. IMO...exactly the CHOMPING I thought LH displayed. Now, if she does NOT smoke that does open up some questions.

I really feel like LH is involved.

With that said, some people just chew gum. Some people chew gum with they are nervous. (Like hair twirling, foot tapping, etc.) To me, chewing gum is chewing gum. When people are involved in crimes, that does not automatically mean what they do every second is a reflection of their criminal behavior.

I think there is the tendency to watch criminals under a microscope and link every tiny behavior to their guilt. I mean guys, she could have just been a gum chewer. That really is an option.

Wife of man whose son died in hot car TURNED AWAY while trying to visit him in jail as she continues to stand by his side

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-women-visits-jail-continues-stand-side.html

The wife of Justin Harris, (snipped to stay under 10%), was barred from visiting her husband Tuesday when she attempted to see him in jail for the first time since shocking details of the alleged crime were revealed in court. (snipped to stay under 10%)Leanna Harris refused to answer reporters' questions (snipped to stay under 10%)except to shake her head 'no' when asked if she'd seen her son's accused killer.

Harris appeared at least passably distraught

Her voice in the funeral sounds so odd to me. I don't hear any sadness in it. One would expect a mother's voice to be thick with emotion at the funeral of her baby. Her tone sounds like she's speaking at a work conference.

I wonder if he has blackmail over her, i.e., he knows some dark secrets about her that she doesn't want anyone else to know.

I am not 100% sure, but do not think there is a recording of her from the funeral. There IS a recording of someone (I think connected to NG) who read her statement and that was recorded. So you may be listening to a "reporter" reading her speech and not her. Then again, you may be listening to a recording I have not yet located.

yes, the HLN coverage regarding mom's words at funeral was a dramatic reading by staffer of HLN.

So the words were hers, and she spoke them, but that is not what was heard on HLN. A dramatic reading by a stranger was what we all heard.

I am still on the :fence: with LH. Some of her comments/behaviors are very difficult for me to fathom. But I am still far away from feeling comfortable landing on teh she was part of some plan to kill Cooper.

Just not there yet JMO

I feel exactly the same. There are a lot of stupid women that take "Stand by your Man" to extremes.

Wife of man whose son died in hot car TURNED AWAY while trying to visit him in jail as she continues to stand by his side

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-women-visits-jail-continues-stand-side.html

The wife of Justin Harris, (snipped to stay under 10%), was barred from visiting her husband Tuesday when she attempted to see him in jail for the first time since shocking details of the alleged crime were revealed in court. (snipped to stay under 10%)Leanna Harris refused to answer reporters' questions (snipped to stay under 10%)except to shake her head 'no' when asked if she'd seen her son's accused killer.

Harris appeared at least passably distraught

Now she's "passably distraught"? :tantrum:

I noticed the red clothing as well and can't help but wonder who orchestrated this color coordination. I'm going to confess here that it irks the living hell out of me that someone would even think about the color of their clothing at this very early point in this case. Cooper has been forgotten already, since it appears that the color coordination theme is about supporting Jason. Makes me sick.

I was thinking it was supporting Cooper "red truck" theory--that's also what was led to believe the red casket was for? Perhaps I'm wrong. :dunno:

Great post by Baznme over on general thread #1047

Something else that bothers me about LH -- Her mother already asked her why she wasn't crying, to which she replied she must be in shock. Day of the funeral, she explained why she wasn't in a pile of "tears and snot" on the ground -- that comment was unnecessary, IMO -- she knew she was being watched by either LE or family or both and felt a need to explain her behavior.... In my mind, if I'm innocent and I believe my husband is innocent, I'm just focused on surviving, or "being," and not thinking about how I might appear to others and feeling a need to explain it.

And it "never crossed her mind" to be angry at Ross? I don't believe it -- not when put together with her immediate conclusion at the daycare that RH must have left CH in the car -- the only innocent explanation for her to immediately come to that conclusion is if her fear was based on his tendency to DO JUST THAT. If she's innocent, anger had to have crossed her mind, even a little bit, at some point. Even if she's abused and he's a narcissist and all that, she's not stupid -- she could have been angry and gotten over it and even feel guilty about it. She would have been more believable if she had said that anger DID cross her mind, but then she changed her mind because of "whatever reason" -- no one would have faulted her for that (except maybe RH) -- but if she's innocent, I believe that she was lying that in never crossed her mind. JMO

This. I am a mother of three. I know that if this, or any other accident, were to befall any of my kids and it was my husbands fault, I would feel bad for his anguish and lifelong guilt. But I would STILL be furiously angry and probably would physically attack him. And quite honestly would expect the same if the situation were reversed.

The other thing is the "no I wouldn't bring him back"... REALLY????!! Most people would give up years of their life for one more minute with a loved one who died tragically and suddenly. Especially your ONLY CHILD.

Calling BS on this mother.

Sorry if I am posting wrong. Havent posted since Casey. I think I am just now getting over that one. Sorta.

THIS. Coming out of lurking because I can't help commenting on this.

We (my ex-husband and I) moved together to a new city 6 years ago. He'd gotten a new, really good job and we'd talked about it at length and decided we didn't want the kids so far away from either of us, so we both moved. I started temping at a firm that was providing temps to law firms so it paid well and felt like a win-win. My ex had the kids during the day while I was at work for those first few weeks while he was settling into his new house. At one point he decided it was too difficult to get much moving work done with our two kids running about so he decided to take them to a local kids organization. We had a big argument about this because it wasn't an actual daycare, there was not a good teacher-kid ratio (in fact, there were no teachers per se, mostly just teenage and young adult volunteers) and everything seemed really disorganized. At any rate, he thought it was perfectly fine for a few hours in the day. Well, our 6 year old daughter had a 16 year old kid fall on her while one of these teenage 'teachers' was throwing footballs and had all ages of kids running to catch them. Her leg was broken in the most hideous way, but thankfully she ended up not needing surgery.

At any rate, I was so furiously angry at the ex for taking our daughter to this place after I'd pointed out everything that was wrong with it, I nearly physically attacked him right there in the hospital. It took weeks before I felt I could be civilized around him. It's been 6 years and still, if I think about how that whole incident happened, I could strangle him. And I care deeply about him and believe he is a good father. But that sort of mistake-making, which I still believe was entirely preventable, is a difficult thing for me to accept. I know nobody's perfect, but still. It was just so much unnecessary suffering for our daughter. And I understand it was an accident and I know he feels awful about it.

So I'm really unable to understand how LH is saying she's not upset, and how she appears so calm, nevermind the fact she asked to see RH and not her baby. If it were me, I know that someone would have had to protect RH from me. I'm not proud of that, but I know that's how visceral it would feel - how visceral it did feel when I ran up to that ambulance and saw my daughter's leg all askew. It was so visceral, that rage I felt when I saw my daughter hurt, that I am not sure I could fathom how much worse it would be to have a dead child. Her reactions, to me, are completely counterintuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa