The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 10th July - Trial Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
From summing up by Justice Byrne "He said Mr Byrne argued Ms Baden-Clay was wearing pyjamas on the night of April 19, 2012, consistent with evidence from one of the children, but was found wearing her walking clothes."

So ..... what happened to the pyjamas?

Yes, and they weren't on the bed like GBCs in the pic, and GBC said she slept in the bed because the cover was down. Also, Fuller said Allison was not wearing her usual walking attire. :confused:

12:43pm: Justice Byrne acknowledged the jury had requested for a copy of his summation of the closing addresses from the prosecution and defence counsels.

He declined their request and asked the jury to give a written note to the Bailiff requesting for parts, or all, of his summation to be read again in open court.

The jury has resumed its deliberations.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-18-week-5-20140710-3bnzp.html#ixzz371uYUG17

Yes, but it is still a separate charge that needs a verdict and a separate sentence. So I would have thought the judge would have instructed the jury on it.
Yes I was waiting for him to instruct on that charge. That's really strange...

12:43pm: Justice Byrne acknowledged the jury had requested for a copy of his summation of the closing addresses from the prosecution and defence counsels.

He declined their request and asked the jury to give a written note to the Bailiff requesting for parts, or all, of his summation to be read again in open court.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-18-week-5-20140710-3bnzp.html#ixzz371uYUG17

Is this unusual ? Did the jury not know that they wouldn't be getting a printed copy of the judges summation. That's probably why they weren't taking any notes.

just wanting to clarify a little point maybe . that sounds promising to for no real reason except it feels promising that they know what they are about , silly supposition I suppose moo

Are there people sitting around NOW waiting for verdict??? Do they rock up at 9am tomorrow in case??? What do the families do?
Everyone leaves. It could be a week. I know yesterday someone approached a court official when I was sitting nearby and asked what will happen and should they wait he said definitely not, everyone should go back to business as usual until they hear more.

They HAVE to go through all the evidence. They can't just take a vote and that's it, even if they all agree they still have to address the evidence :)

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 16m

Tick tock on the clock, #badenclay jury deliberating for 1 hour 20 mins now. Still a large group waiting outside court @9NewsBrisbane

Yes, but it is still a separate charge that needs a verdict and a separate sentence. So I would have thought the judge would have instructed the jury on it.

Alioop, is there a chance, that the Prosecution is waiting for the verdict, and if it is guilty, they intend on Charging Gerard, and "Others" Of The Interfering with a corpse ?
I did think it was strange , that if others were not involved with interfering, then it must be concluded that he left these children alone that night.
In Qld, we have a law that prohibits this. The children were under the age of 12years. So I would have thought that more charges should / will be laid anyway.
I think we might all get a little bit shocked after the verdict.
Because...
When I was in court yesterday , I saw a court document handed to OBW. She stared at it, raised her eyebrows, and didn't look happy. She and Mummy exchanged glances, "Not happy Jan"
Is it possible that more is to come maybe?

Is this unusual ? Did the jury not know that they wouldn't be getting a printed copy of the judges summation. That's probably why they weren't taking any notes.

It is difficult to listen and take notes at the same time while on a jury. However it is not uncommon for a jury to return to court for clarification on some points. I thing we returned to court 3 times for clarification on various things.

Everyone leaves. It could be a week. I know yesterday someone approached a court official when I was sitting nearby and asked what will happen and should they wait he said definitely not, everyone should go back to business as usual until they hear more.

They HAVE to go through all the evidence. They can't just take a vote and that's it, even if they all agree they still have to address the evidence :)

does that mean Gerry goes back to his office while we wait:floorlaugh:

The last few days, I have thinking about his going ahead with Business as Usual.

Just that alone is one great big red flag. Going about "Business as usual", including being adorned with cufflinks.

I don't think it's that unusual that the kids went to school, but what I find unusual and slightly disturbing is that he told the poor girls that mum was missing. Why on earth would you scare your girls like that and then ship them off to school?

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton Jury was called back in. Justice Byrne told them if they want to hear parts of the summing up again, he'll read it to them. #badenclay

That's interesting if not a little disturbing. It seems that the Jury is relying on the Judge's summary to a high degree rather than going back to the raw evidence. Perhaps they are using his summary as a check-list and now realise they should have made their own notes when he was presenting his summary.

When I was on a Jury evidence was available to us but transcripts weren't. When we wanted to re-examine a witness testimony we had to file back into court and the judge read the parts we needed on two occasions. We were in disagreement about the closeness of dates when relevant things had happened. Jurors need to take copious notes.

Marissa Calligeros ‏@marissa_sc Jury requested copy of Justice Byrne's summation of closing addresses. Request denied #badenclay

Alioop, is there a chance, that the Prosecution is waiting for the verdict, and if it is guilty, they intend on Charging Gerard, and "Others" Of The Interfering with a corpse ?
I did think it was strange , that if others were not involved with interfering, then it must be concluded that he left these children alone that night.
In Qld, we have a law that prohibits this. The children were under the age of 12years. So I would have thought that more charges should / will be laid anyway.
I think we might all get a little bit shocked after the verdict.

Because...
When I was in court yesterday , I saw a court document handed to OBW. She stared at it, raised her eyebrows, and didn't look happy. She and Mummy exchanged glances, "Not happy Jan"

for SURE just wait and see

… Slow Justice
Is Better Than No Justice
… I Just Want Justice and Peace

To Feel Justice
It Must Be Real Justice
Not Cut-Deals Or Just A Piece

Full Justice
Not Pull The Wool Justice
She’s Already Been Blindfolded Enough

We Accuse Justice
But To Lose Justice
Is To Unlock Chaos’ Cuffs

Justice …
Is Lustrous
In Pearls Of Conviction Displayed

Justice …
The Huntress
Were Wild-Wily-Wrongs Are Caged

A Cry For Justice
Is Why Justice’s
Scales-Weights Shouldn’t Be In Doubt

Legal Justice
Be Equal Justice
With Rules To Balance It Out

Honest Justice
Promise Justice
Is Right For The Poor and Oppressed

But Even Rich Justice
And Even Quick Justice
Should Be A Standard, Silvered Process

Raw Justice
Shouldn’t Be Flawed Justice
But Free To All Everywhere

The Power Of Justice
Is That The Hour Of Justice
Doesn’t Run Out Of Time Anywhere

Men Must Court Justice
And Support Justice
To Qualify For Her ‘Your’ Honor

And Seek Justice
And Speak Justice
And Be A Worthy Defender Word-Warrior

Some Have Burned Justice
Some Have Spurned Justice
In The Lies That They Have Sworn

Some Have Raped Justice
Then Gaped At Justice
Laid Bare Like Loss Innocence In *advertiser censored*

Oh Sweet Justice
Don’t Beat Justice
We Are In Races But We Shouldn’t Fight

Some System Of Justice
Has Idealism Of Justice
But The Whole World Needs To Get It Right …

Then True Justice
And Overdue Justice
Will Be The Law Of Every Land & Life

Without Justice
You Can Count Justice’s
Tears Rolling Down In Strife

The Hope Of Justice
And Scope Of Justice
Is That Justice Answers To GOD

The Mercy Of Justice
And Courtesy Of Justice
Will Be The Final Plea Bargain LORD …

The Sound Of Justice
Is Profound To Us …
… In Juries, They’ve Sung Her Song Or Tried

O’ I Miss Justice …
And I Wish Justice
Would Just Come Back Here and Say “High”

Written & ©: 7/19/10

by: The MoonBee

Because...

It could have been the bill ;)

Alioop, is there a chance, that the Prosecution is waiting for the verdict, and if it is guilty, they intend on charging Gerard of the interfering with a corpse
GBC has already been charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member