The Verdict Waiting Room #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On topic, I have been keeping busy all day, you know a watched pot never boils and all that. Doesn't seem to be working!

I've actually achieved a lot at the office today, but always with one eye on that twitter tab on my browser! Amazed how productive I've been actually!

Since when is Adultery a crime.

Maybe we should stone people to death as well...

I didn't say it was , I was just saying it would be one way to get GBC locked up , sorry if you missed the subtley

what about mandatory life for serial adulterers with minimum non parole period of 15 years that would fix this case

No, but mandatory public humiliation will do. I would also make following high-profile court cases a legitimate reason to take leave from work ;)

What happens if you're found innocent? Is there any compensation?

Otherwise with the 2 years coming off the sentence if you're convicted it's like you've served 2 years even if you're innocent (which I don't believe he is in this case though).

Yes you can apply for compensation from the government.

I completely agree with all of your thoughts here JCB. Why did Justice Byrne make such a point about the possibility of manslaughter then? This was a surprise to me. Was he legally obligated to do so? It seemed to come out of the blue - it had never been flagged before in this case.
Just confirming yes he was legally obliged to do so.

This is an open and shut case, but its so hard to convince 9 people to agree on almost anything. There is always at least 1 muppet. For him to get acquitted it also requires a unanimous verdict?

Yes any verdict has to be unanimous.

One thing that has bothered me is that when Allison scratched GBC you would have thought those size wounds would have bled almost within minutes - so whereabouts did he bleed ?
In bed if so he would have to change the sheets and dispose of those
On his clothing - same
Outside - gather up grass and leaves next morning and dispose when out " looking for ABC" ?
Or ?

Unfortunately no. My mother hasn't been back to the Friday group pretty much since Priscilla left. She didn't like some of the women there. One of them stole her scissors. She goes to some other group on Tuesdays now. One of the other Fridays ladies goes to this Tuesday group. She's always telling me stories of what's happening. These old ducks are cliquey. The group once had their photograph ( I think in the gold coast bulletin) about their knitting squares that they were donating to charity. I scanned it, enlarged and laminated copies for everyone in the group. It's somewhere here on my old hard drive. I really should find it.

One thing that has alway stuck out in my mind is how much my mum liked Priscilla. She always complemented her on how she looked or what she's made, and made mum feel special. From what mum said about Priscilla, is that she is a special person who is lovely to everyone.

I can just picture a new soap opera - Sewing Group Ladies Behaving Badly.

:gavel:

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 26s

The jury is in Court 11 for another reading of summing up about circumstantial evidence #badenclay

Marissa Calligeros ‏@marissa_sc 38s

The jury in #badenclay trial has returned to the courtroom for the 5th time since deliberations began, another redirection @brisbanetimes

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 43s

#badenclay jury back in courtroom. No verdict though. @abcnews

:judge:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s

The jury is back in court. This is NOT a verdict. They have asked for the judge to repeat direction on circumstantial evidence. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 20s
The jury has sent a note to Justice Byrne, asking for more information about "circumstantial evidence". #badenclay
Justice Byrne: "You should consider all the evidence, including circumstantial evidence". #badenclay

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 50s
Jury has been brought back into court. They have asked to be re-read judges direction on "circumstantial evidence" @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 24s

To bring in a verdict of guilty on circumstantial evidence guilt should be the only rational inference, Justice Byrne #badenclay

The jury has left the court, returning to deliberations #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Justice John Byrne is re-reading parts of his summing up again, to do with circumstantial evidence. @abcnews #badenclay
Justice Byrne: both direct and circumstantial evidence are to be considered. #badenclay @abcnews

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 36s

Judge: "If there is any reasonable possibility consistent with innocence, it is your duty to find the Accused not guilty." #badenclay

TimArvier ‏@TimArvier9 1m
Judge is reading instructions on circumstantial evidence to jury now #badenclay

:judge:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 39s

The jury is back in court. This is NOT a verdict. They have asked for the judge to repeat direction on circumstantial evidence. #badenclay

I'll bet that one or more of them has the belief that they cannot find someone guilty if all the evidence is circumstantial.

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1m
Jury back in #badenclay. Have asked for further reading of Judge's summary relating to circumstantial evidence. @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m

Justice Byrne asks jury to return to deliberations. @abcnews #badenclay

One thing that has bothered me is that when Allison scratched GBC you would have thought those size wounds would have bled almost within minutes - so whereabouts did he bleed ?
In bed if so he would have to change the sheets and dispose of those
On his clothing - same
Outside - gather up grass and leaves next morning and dispose when out " looking for ABC" ?
Or ?

There was blood on a towel in the bathroom which was identified as being GBCs - sorry I think it was the forensic person who said this and will need to find the link. It was mentioned at the committal and again in the trial.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 23s

Judge says a case based entirely on circumstantial evidence means guilt should be only rational inference based on circumstances. #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa