Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know any of the police officers/detectives involved, but I have lived in the South (Marietta, GA) and I saw how touchy people get about things that don't meet their religious expectations. I am afraid that the whole sexting issue may be clouding this tragedy... I'm sure they have other evidence that hasn't been released yet, but I can't help but think that this testimony is slanted towards morals. I have a problem with the choices made by RH in the morality department--but sex, *advertiser censored*, sexting, etc., etc., has grabbed a hold of many married men so I don't think it has any bearing on this case at all--he's just another number when it comes to that. We don't need cops who are out of touch with reality and think they can pin murder charges on people who have different values than they do. So, until additional evidence is released....JMHO

I think the sexting speaks to furtive secretive lying behaviors and since it was happening in the am til 3pm it will end up being relevant. If for no other reason than he chose to engage in behavior that could cause him to be cruel and negligent by leaving his child in the car.

If you are supposed to drop your child somewhere, but are so entranced chasing your fix of your drug of choice that you forego all thought of that child and leave it in your car while you go party all day - are you guilty of the crimes RH is charged with? I believe so.

And as to morality being brought into play, that was brought in by the avalanche of supporters who fund raised and protested RH's arrest without having any information other than RH family and friends reports of his superior morality and high family oriented values.

JMO

and thank you for being a member who challenges me to really think about why I feel as I do. Even when I disagree your posts always give me pause for thought and a jumping off point to express my own views. Posters like you always cause me to question myself and that is never a bad thing IMO.

There are a lot of groups dedicated to freeing innocent people--a lot of them convicted as a result of LE lies and bad evidence. It's very sad that people in those positions feel compelled to do that, especially when you consider the amount of public trust that is placed in them. We have to be careful of blind faith....

And many are still guilty as the day is long. IMO

I believe that wrongful conviction are very VERY rare.
There are always bad apples...I am not willing to paint All of LE with the same brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The morality issue with him is that he was pretending to be someone that he is not.

His views on sex as procreation for instance. I don't know where it is, but the posts are listed on here somewhere.

I just bought some lightbulbs and did a test and threw the bag onto a seat in my car.

Not one broke.

Reminds me of an Ellen Degeneres routine about how scissors are packaged in a impenetrable bubble pack, while light bulbs are sheathed in a thiiiiinnnnnnn paper shelllll......

I think the sexting speaks to furtive secretive lying behaviors and since it was happening in the am til 3pm it will end up being relevant. If for no other reason than he chose to engage in behavior that could cause him to be cruel and negligent by leaving his child in the car.

If you are supposed to drop your child somewhere, but are so entranced chasing your fix of your drug of choice that you forego all thought of that child and leave it in your car while you go party all day - are you guilty of the crimes RH is charged with? I believe so.

And as to morality being brought into play, that was brought in by the avalanche of supporters who fund raised and protested RH's arrest without having any information other than RH family and friends reports of his superior morality and high family oriented values.

JMO

and thank you for being a member who challenges me to really think about why I feel as I do. Even when I disagree your posts always give me pause for thought and a jumping off point to express my own views. Posters like you always cause me to question myself and that is never a bad thing IMO.

Thanks for the feedback, tlcya...

I have a LOT of issues with people who have allowed their cell phones to become part of their being, and I also have a problem with RH for that. If you look around, a lot of children's lives are being ruined--they're not dead but they're neglected, abandoned, get in the way, etc., etc.--by parents who would rather do whatever they do on the phone than pay attention to their kids. Unless there is another angle introduced into evidence in the future, I believe the distraction of the phone did cause this to happen--in this case, it was sexting, but it could have been anything else that was the subject of distraction. Would it have been any less of a "crime" if it was something else being discussed on the calls/texts? I think that in the court of public opinion, yes...it would be less of a "crime". For me, I believe RH will suffer forever on his own--and because of the sexting, it will probably be more intense than otherwise.

Reminds me of an Ellen Degeneres routine about how scissors are packaged in a impenetrable bubble pack, while light bulbs are sheathed in a thiiiiinnnnnnn paper shelllll......

I saw that just the other night.

Thanks for the feedback, tlcya...

I have a LOT of issues with people who have allowed their cell phones to become part of their being, and I also have a problem with RH for that. If you look around, a lot of children's lives are being ruined--they're not dead but they're neglected, abandoned, get in the way, etc., etc.--by parents who would rather do whatever they do on the phone than pay attention to their kids. Unless there is another angle introduced into evidence in the future, I believe the distraction of the phone did cause this to happen--in this case, it was sexting, but it could have been anything else that was the subject of distraction. Would it have been any less of a "crime" if it was something else being discussed on the calls/texts? I think that in the court of public opinion, yes...it would be less of a "crime". For me, I believe RH will suffer forever on his own--and because of the sexting, it will probably be more intense than otherwise.

BBM and I sincerely hope so if that is the case. I know that is not as evolved of me as it could be. but I do believe this life gives us what we put out there. I also believe in karma and what comes round goes round. It is the universe's way of balancing things out IMO.

I want what I perceive to be justice for Cooper. If the human American justice system does not achieve it I know that the universe will find a way to make it work.

Once again, thank you for being a thought provoking poster. This is why I love getting new members, new experiences, new POVs and new voices here.

OK, this is extremely unimportant in the grand scheme of things, but NO ONE born & raised in the South uses "y'all" to refer to a singular person. "Y'all" is a contraction of "you all," meaning "all of you people I'm addressing in this comment." It doesn't matter, except that it really gets on my last nerve when movies/TV/news commentators get that wrong.

I cannot, as a Southern woman, thank you enough. :loveyou:

May I offer you sone sweet tea and banana puddin'?

point by point

walking back to the office after lunch visit to car. Stoddard says he stopped and began messing with or pretending to mess with his phone. Defense is saying the same. The reason behind his actions is what is being described differently IMO and only the jury can decide what they feel motivated the actions on the video at that time.

Too subjective IMO.

Not really, IMO. RH either watched the people pass his car as LE claimed or he didn't look up from his phone at all, as the paper claims. We'll find out when the jury watches the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

You can feel like they don't all you want. It happens ALL of the time. Want some examples?

No, just evidence that proves the detective in this case lied on the stand.

A murder suspects brothers statements to the media, is not evidence.

Many people are in jail/prison because of LE lies...unfortunately. I believe it to be rampant---well, that might be a little strong, but it's definitely not uncommon.

Yes, but how many are in prison when LE lied and the evidence was video recorded...and easily disputed? It would be beyond idiotic for LE to lie on the stand about something that can be proved as a lie in video footage.

lightbulbs are normally encased in those cardboard boxes designed to reduce risk of breakage. The tossing of the lightbulbs into the car would depend o how hard the toss. Stoddard implied in his testimony (IMO) that RH was looking the opposite direction of his toss. If true that is the telling part of the toss to me. Not that it happened but demeanor while it happened. I will not know if I agree with Stoddard's assessment til trial and I see that video. But I do believe he believes exactly what he testified to.

Do we know for sure that the defense lawyer had seen the video before the prelim hearing? Seems like he had a few surprises. Also how much would he be arguing at that point? I am willing, at least, to want to view the videos and form my own conclusions, rather than take what the detective's conclusions were as the only reading of what is on it. Jmo

Some cemeteries severely limit what, if anything, how much, and what times flowers can be left.

They have to be able to mow the grass efficiently. Can't do that if everybody is leaving piles of flowers and toys on graves. I know the cemeteries around here don't even put up standing headstones anymore. Just flat ones so the riding lawn mowers can ride right over them.

I don't know any of the police officers/detectives involved, but I have lived in the South (Marietta, GA) and I saw how touchy people get about things that don't meet their religious expectations. I am afraid that the whole sexting issue may be clouding this tragedy... I'm sure they have other evidence that hasn't been released yet, but I can't help but think that this testimony is slanted towards morals. I have a problem with the choices made by RH in the morality department--but sex, *advertiser censored*, sexting, etc., etc., has grabbed a hold of many married men so I don't think it has any bearing on this case at all--he's just another number when it comes to that. We don't need cops who are out of touch with reality and think they can pin murder charges on people who have different values than they do. So, until additional evidence is released....JMHO

How about we replace "sexting" with something else.

What if he forgot his son in the car all day because he was preoccupied with drinking? Using drugs? Hanging out in a bar? In a house having sex. Or even went inside to sleep. Nothing immoral about sleeping. Playing video games. Chopping wood. Cleaning house. Gardening in the back yard. On and on and on. It doesn't really matter what RH was doing all day that had him preoccupied. The fact is that little boy should have been his number one priority. And in 30 seconds, he became his last priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH