GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
sadly I believe this too...flutterflies.....she had no clue. lees wife? at this point I think she may hv been there. surprised erin.took two to subdue her. I want her aliby.

IMO, NL came up with the "hunting" idea. With malice and fore thought NL planned the demise of Erin so she would not have to share CL with Erin and/or another child (if the child was CL). CL went along with her plan.

NL alibi? Would like to know too!

ah ha see that isjust the thing joshua tree is anational forest.u cannot hunt there. he went hunting alright but did he go w hiswife?
hunting human prey? this is double homicide afaict. scuse typos....

It's actually Joshua Tree National Park (rather than Forest), and used to be Joshua Tree National Monument years ago. Hunting is illegal inside the Park, but there is hunting (rabbits, coyote, etc.) allowed outside the park. It's not a place actual hunters go by any means; it's pretty barren and desolate. You do hear coyote at night sometimes but there's few animals to hunt...even if you were illegally hunting inside the park. Big Horn Sheep live in the mountains but I've never seen one in probably over 100 trips to the area. Bobcats are supposed to be in the area as well. I've see snakes, coyote, and kit foxes occasionally, and several kangaroo rats. That's it. lol

:loveyou:Someone mentioned tater tot casserole a few days ago.

Several people thanked the post and asked for the recipe.

Did we ever get the recipe?

Got my tater tots, now what?

Erin may have asked CL where they were going so she could estimate when she would be back and he told her two hours each way...so she ought she would be back to feed the pets, etc...

IMO LE is saying what they are saying so no one lawyers up. They don't want to lose the ability to speak to anyone in this case. It's also possible they don't have evidence other than what was laid out in the PCA which IMO is pretty strong but in court might not hold up. I hope they have tons more and probably do.

IF CL says yea I was with her from ? to ? dropped her off at her car, don't know what she did after that.

It would be great if LE had that last time CL purchased gas, might not have that back yet, thinking Arias case with evidence of gas purchases, credit card receipts, cell reccords. Just takes time. Then again if he did cash only not much to find.

It's obvious to anyone watching this has been a recovery search since early on.

Just my thoughts on all of this.

It's actually Joshua Tree National Park (rather than Forest), and used to be Joshua Tree National Monument years ago. Hunting is illegal inside the Park, but there is hunting (rabbits, coyote, etc.) allowed outside the park. It's not a place actual hunters go by any means; it's pretty barren and desolate. You do hear coyote at night sometimes but there's few animals to hunt...even if you were illegally hunting inside the park. Big Horn Sheep live in the mountains but I've never seen one in probably over 100 trips to the area. Bobcats are supposed to be in the area as well. I've see snakes, coyote, and kit foxes occasionally, and several kangaroo rats. That's it. lol

:scared::hills:kangaroo rats??? OMG! I'll have to look that one up. Do they carry their millions of babies in a pouch like kangaroos?
or hop around like a kangaroo? I'll take our tiny field mice any day over the "kangaroo rats" Ugh!!

I think you can use special apps to DISGUISE what number a text is coming from, but I don't think you can pretend it's coming from one of your own contacts. Is that what you are trying to say?

I think that is just for phone calls and getting around caller id - I don't think the same thing applies to text messages. At least that article didn't say anything about text messages. I think text messages send the phone number of the device that is texting and if that number matches a contact - that person names comes up (or the text appear in a conversation already happening) or it appears as a new number with no person associated to it. I could be wrong though.

Fox talking about EC, will be talking about it on Sheps show next hr.

after mcstay case I feel sanberdo should bring in the fbi as this is now across state lines fleeing to alaska imo. no confidence in sanberdo or twenty nine palms or usgov. mAybe there is container at the ranch a shed or bldg thy nd to go bac n search there since lees had acess to that property. imo

They did not "flee" across state lines. We have no idea what is going on behind closed doors. I know MANY San Bernardino detectives and deputy's and they really are a great department. As far as 29 Palms, they do not have their own department, they are part of the Sheriff's department. And I have complete and total faith in NCIS.

I'm truly trying to understand what you're saying but with the abbreviated text stuff I'm having a hard time deciphering your posts.

That's part of what I think as well:
1. LE thinks that it was NL, CL or both, but don't quite know yet.
2. If they make an arrest now, as you said, the L's will lawyer up.
3. Since, presumably they know they are being watched and probably aren't in danger of committing another crime (what motive would they have?), LE is willing to wait until they can find a body and/or more information.
4. They are hoping for some self damning evidence, given the fact that NL has already done it once, OR
5. They are hoping that one of them will sell the other one out for a plea.

IMO LE is saying what they are saying so no one lawyers up. They don't want to lose the ability to speak to anyone in this case. It's also possible they don't have evidence other than what was laid out in the PCA which IMO is pretty strong but in court might not hold up. I hope they have tons more and probably do.

IF CL says yea I was with her from ? to ? dropped her off at her car, don't know what she did after that.

It would be great if LE had that last time CL purchased gas, might not have that back yet, thinking Arias case with evidence of gas purchases, credit card receipts, cell reccords. Just takes time. Then again if he did cash only not much to find.

It's obvious to anyone watching this has been a recovery search since early on.

Just my thoughts on all of this.

Perhaps they took the iPod because they're just covering all the bases and scrutinizing all electronic devices. Perhaps there is information on it re: internet activity? Also, does anyone know if the iPod can do iMessage? My iPad can, but I don't have an iPod. The really weird thing my iPad does when on wifi and used to send text messages is that if I send it to my own phone (my kids have done this to me) or to any phone that has my App Store/iTunes account on it (my kids) it shows up as a conversation with myself, and it makes double alerts and the conversation is saved to each device with my account. The kids think it's hilarious.

This description will take me an hour to decipher if even possible - lol!
For the record, did LE remove an iPod or iPad from the purse? Isn't an iPod used solely for playing music? (That's less interesting as far as evidence is concerned versus if LE took an iPad.) It's difficult getting old combined with technological advances. All my parents had to do was plug in a television and adjust an antenna.

Ummm,no. There have been successful prosecutions in CA without a body. Hans Reiser is a fairly recent, famous one. After conviction, he gave up the location of his wife's body- previously claiming she fled to Russia. Pretty sure Antolin Garcia will be going to trial without Sierra LaMar's body too. If there is enough circumstantial evidence to prove murder (blood, DNA, hair, fibers) it can be done.

I completely agree with you, however, at this point there is no crime scene, thus no DNA, blood, fibers, etc. I think in this particular case LE is going to have a tough time unless they find either Erin and/or a crime scene.

:scared::hills:kangaroo rats??? OMG! I'll have to look that one up. Do they carry their millions of babies in a pouch like kangaroos?
or hop around like a kangaroo? I'll take our tiny field mice any day over the "kangaroo rats" Ugh!!

I don't know about babies in pouches! lol They do hop and are cute but look nothing like rats (or I would be outta there!!!).

This description will take me an hour to decipher if even possible - lol!
For the record, did LE remove an iPod or iPad from the purse? Isn't an iPod used solely for playing music? (That's less interesting as far as evidence is concerned versus if LE took an iPad.) It's difficult getting old combined with technological advances. All my parents had to do was plug in a television and adjust an antenna.

It was an IPod touch https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1225468-1765-001.html

Two things about this bolded information: It implies LE knows for certain that Erin left with CL that day. And is there a specific reason detectives believe Erin was injured and unable to get help as opposed to actually having been killed?

I do think they know much more than we know they know!

I've been curious about the wording used too. Why do they used "injured' instead of "killed"? Did LE ever believe Erin was out there alive but injured, or have they known all along Erin was murdered? In what ways if any would the wording used make a difference in the investigation? Was this wording used to obtain more resources for searches?

Please see the bottom of this post re: why they may have used the word "injured."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Palms-28-June-2014-6&p=10787836#post10787836

IMO, NL came up with the "hunting" idea. With malice and fore thought NL planned the demise of Erin so she would not have to share CL with Erin and/or another child (if the child was CL). CL went along with her plan.

NL alibi? Would like to know too!

My only problem with this scenario is they were moving back to Alaska. At the very most CL would have to pay child support (and we know a lot of dads that don't even bother with that) and by this point NL knew about the affair and pregnancy. Why would NL want Erin killed? I don't think NL got involved until after Erin was killed. JMO

I've had the luck of seeing big horn sheep a few different times. I felt so lucky and honored! We stood for so long just watching them. AMAZING!! Warms my heart just remembering!

We've also encountered tortoises, snakes (ick), road runners, coyotes, rabbits, lizards, to name a few. I just love that place. And the thought of someone hunting in the Park turns my stomach.

I think, given that they have the FBI and the military assisting, that they are making very careful statements for a reason. The fact is, they have CL scheduled to come back to CA for a felony charge--so presumably he is not going to disappear into the wilderness. In LE's view, they have 2 months to gather as much evidence as possible. And I actually think they are being smart by playing it down a bit, since I think that NL is very quick to give up information. I do not think that LE actually believes that EC is alive, sadly, so they are just holding their cards tight and trying to do this right.

ETA: To add a bit--we need to remember that LE is working towards an outcome for EC and her family. As much as the public is frustrated, if they have a plan it is really none of our business.

These are the kind of statements made by LE that make me want to scream! Why don't they make a statement saying that Erin is missing under suspicious circumstances and that they suspect foul play!? Then they can ask the public for help, and if anyone has any info to please come forward. LE could have a tip line opened and ask that if anyone has any information that could aid in the case they could call the tip line. It's very frustrating to read these kind of statements by LE! :banghead:

I think Eileen may have been implying what I was thinking. Why would she be trying to get pregnant with a married man? (That is, if that is what she was trying to do.) One poster brought up the blackmail angle. She found out she was pregnant on "Father's Day". What a surprise that might have been if she contacted CL on Father's Day (He already a father.) and told him he was going to be a daddy again. I guess she told JC he was going to be a dad as he did seem to know she was pregnant. I have no idea!!

But if she was blackmailing CL, why would she go out in the wilderness with him, alone, while he was armed?

I have an issue with the whole text thing to the friend. Why because others can use your phone number even if they do not have your phone in hand to send a text and or phone call to any one they desire. The person on the receiving end if it is an acquaintance will automatically assume that it is you calling. So the data must be examined to see actually where the phone/text was made from. I hope this makes sense. IMO, but perhaps I am incorrect and if so please do share so I can become more educated in this field. Here is an article on this. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-is-my-own-phone-number-calling-me/

Fake out caller ID really ticks me off. Sleazy scammers. Anyhoo, I just googled "can you fake a text message" and up popped this: An APP that lets you schedule fake text messages and phone calls to yourself. Call me lazy, but it just seems a whole lot easier just to behave myself, LOL.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.popularapp.fakecall&hl=en

BUT, one important gap - it doesn't let you send fake texts to other people. And it doesn't work with the latest Android system. I didn't find anything that would let you impersonate someone else in a text message.

Now, I know of cases where someone used a dead person's phone to send fake messages, to give the impression they were still alive. But it seems a stretch to me that anyone could get her friends' contact info, and text her friend a bunch of fake texts before she was missing and Erin and her friend wouldn't figure that out.

Since Erin was lonely and unhappy enough to have an affair, I have no trouble believing that she also carried on a text friendship (and probably lots of calls, too) with someone from back home. That seems quite logical to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda