GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this has already been discussed feel free to scroll and roll. :)
A scenario I just thought of:

What if CL picked up EC for their celebratory rendezvous and unbeknownst to them, NL followed them. CL and EC got to wherever they had planned to go, NL confronts them both, and shoots EC. CL is forced to help dispose of EC's body and returns to EC's car where NL moves it off the road. NL is now blackmailing CL by threatening to tell LE that CL admitted to her that he killed EC and she, NL, is simply an innocent victim in it all.

Innocent victim my arse!! one way or another they are both in it up to their eyeballs.

If this has already been discussed feel free to scroll and roll. :)
A scenario I just thought of:

What if CL picked up EC for their celebratory rendezvous and unbeknownst to them, NL followed them. CL and EC got to wherever they had planned to go, NL confronts them both, and shoots EC. CL is forced to help dispose of EC's body and returns to EC's car where NL moves it off the road. NL is now blackmailing CL by threatening to tell LE that CL admitted to her that he killed EC and she, NL, is simply an innocent victim in it all.

Innocent victim my arse!! one way or another they are both in it up to their eyeballs.

BBM
I said, "NL could be threatening to tell LE that she is innocent."

I don't think she is innocent at all.

I think I need a break from this thread.

They married so very young. Could be she is dependant upon him emotionally? Or they both are dysfunctional and feed off each others carp.

Did we determine if they actually married at 16 or so, or was this just from her FB page?

Erin is still just a girl with at least 4 years to go before her frontal lobe is completely developed. (The frontal lobe contains the areas the brain uses to make decisions). Young adults are interesting creatures; they believe they know everything but in reality they do not due to their physiological make up. Very few young adults will agree with this before the age of 30.

Why on earth do we let people join the service at eighteen?

I understand what you are saying about IM and I do not mean any disrespect to IM ..but how does running a horse rescue ranch elevate IM to a moral high ground ? CL & NL devoted time and energy , compassion to the rescue horses too and are looking like the prime suspects in EC's disappearance .

:thinking: "how does running a horse rescue ranch elevate IM to moral high ground ?"

There is no way to know the nature of IM's ethical principles from afar. Nor do I know anything about her morality.

I'm concerned about this ~ http://definitions.uslegal.com/g/guilty-by-association/ ~ when people assign guilt simply through association. To me, that isn't fair or a just way to treat another person. I'm applying my ethical standards and withholding judgment until further info is released as to how things went down as far as IM is concerned.

Afterall, she told LE the scoop on the things NL said. The case broke on Sunday, June 29. Monday Erin's car was found.
Tuesday, July 1, police went to the ranch. I'm uncertain if IM sat on alarming information because we don't know when Nicole made those statements to her.
And, IM was stuck with them at her ranch but cooperated with LE and the investigation illustrated when she opened her door and led LE to the closet where CL's .22 rifle was located prior to LE having a search warrant.
The Lee's arranged to stay at the ranch prior to June 28 (I believe).

When we changed stations while in the army, we'd often book two or three nights in a hotel or temporary housing on post.
Moving is a huge mess and it's nice to be able to go somewhere to rest up, take a bath, sleep in a made bed, have a meal and all that good stuff. Often times the quarters have to be cleared before the military member's duties are over. In CL's case they were packing and moving July 1 but he wasn't released from official duty until July 7 iirc. They must have planned in advance to stay over at the ranch until beyond that date. Maybe LE restricted CL from leaving for a time beyond July 7 too.

Also there were three people to consider afaik. What if IM was thinking beyond just C and NL's circumstances?
Is she going to say, 'get the h outta here' considering a third person may have been present?

This description will take me an hour to decipher if even possible - lol!
For the record, did LE remove an iPod or iPad from the purse? Isn't an iPod used solely for playing music? (That's less interesting as far as evidence is concerned versus if LE took an iPad.) It's difficult getting old combined with technological advances. All my parents had to do was plug in a television and adjust an antenna.

I know what you mean re: technology. :) My 11 yo knows way more than I do about such things.

They took an iPod touch, which, as far as I understand, is essentially like an iPhone except without the phone capabilities. It can connect to the internet and do everything an iPhone can except make calls - but I suppose if you downloaded the skype app, you could make calls over skype with it as long as you have a wifi connection. It can also send iMessages to other apple devices as long as it's connected to wifi. Without wifi, you can play non-internet-based games and listen to music, take pictures, etc.

Did we determine if they actually married at 16 or so, or was this just from her FB page?

Apparently marriage licenses in Alaska are not public records until after 50 years.
http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/VitalStats/Pages/default.aspx

However, the marriage application is a public record.
http://touchngo.com/lglcntr/akstats/Statutes/Title18/Chapter50/Section310.htm

CL and NL applied for a marriage license on Dec. 29, 2008. Gotta assume they went through with it, but can't be confirmed. He was 19. She was 17. She would have needed parental consent to get married as a minor.
http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/VitalStats/Pages/marriagel/default.aspx

I was thinking the other way around. Maybe I'm a jealous person but if some other woman was having a baby by my partner? Whoa...I mean that would keep those two connected for the rest of their life. I feel NL wears the pants and makes the decisions. IMO. Also, for the adventure they took on that Saturday are there any wild horses around there to go see?

None that are still rooming around wild...maybe another rescue or something.

BBM

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/22/ijvm.01.html

So my question to you, Michael, is do you think the man you saw in that car that she hopped into looks like Christopher Lee, who her neighbor

is alleging was having an affair with her? We`re going to show you another photo. There he is, Christopher Lee.

BEASLEY (via phone): Yes. You know, this is the first -- I`ve got to tell you, this is the first that I have seen this picture of this

gentleman. And I cannot believe that -- if you take that cowboy hat off, that very well could be the man that was in that red vehicle that day.

That very well could be. I can`t say it is. I just can tell you, 6, 7 percent, that that very well could be the short man with no hair. It`s --

I can`t believe this.

This is the transcript I was talking abt M B saying it could have been CL in the red car...

ETA: IMO the transcript should say 60 to 70 percent, never heard anyone refer to 6 or 7..

The producers of the JVM show should have arranged a line-up. That would have been much more interesting imo.
Six or seven percent - lol! And IF you remove the cowboy hat to boot!
Not kosher imo.

Woe.be.gone: I think you missed the last sentence Meemaw 12 wrote. Sounds like the 6-7% should have been 60-70%.

Apparently marriage licenses in Alaska are not public records until after 50 years.
http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/VitalStats/Pages/default.aspx

However, the marriage application is a public record.
http://touchngo.com/lglcntr/akstats/Statutes/Title18/Chapter50/Section310.htm

CL and NL applied for a marriage license on Dec. 29, 2008. Gotta assume they went through with it, but can't be confirmed. He was 19. She was 17. She would have needed parental consent to get married as a minor.
http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/VitalStats/Pages/marriagel/default.aspx
Thanks for the info! I tried to find their marriage license the other night but had no luck. I never thought to tried to find the marriagae application.

I'm technologically challenged myself. By choice LOL. I even have a program at work to feed Behavioral Stats into. Looks impressive when I print it off or send it certainly no effort on my part. I sure learn lots here but suppose it would help if I just applied it LOL.

Erin is still just a girl with at least 4 years to go before her frontal lobe is completely developed. (The frontal lobe contains the areas the brain uses to make decisions). Young adults are interesting creatures; they believe they know everything but in reality they do not due to their physiological make up. Very few young adults will agree with this before the age of 30.

I was questioning why N Lee didn't leave her husband not Erin.

Just guessing... I am going to assume BlackBerry Messenger. There is another Urban definition for BBM but I seriously doubt that is what the poster meant.

BBM usually means "Bolded By Me" on here.

I have an issue with the whole text thing to the friend. Why because others can use your phone number even if they do not have your phone in hand to send a text and or phone call to any one they desire. The person on the receiving end if it is an acquaintance will automatically assume that it is you calling. So the data must be examined to see actually where the phone/text was made from. I hope this makes sense. IMO, but perhaps I am incorrect and if so please do share so I can become more educated in this field. Here is an article on this. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-is-my-own-phone-number-calling-me/

In the case of Kelli Bordeaux, her murderer used her cellphone to send texts after he ended her life.
He sent a text "driving", another "got home safely", and another too iirc.
LE put out a statement stating they had reason to believe Kelli had not been the one who sent the last texts from her phone. The texts served to throw the timeline off a bit and also bought the perpetrator time.

There have been other cases where a murderer has pretended to be the actual victim for a long time after they had killed the person. One guy wrote emails/letters (via computer) to the victim's friend and a relative (father I believe).
The victim lived out of state from the other significant people in her life so this went on for some time.
Heck, one guy took on the identity of an older woman, lived in her NY apartment, cashed her SS checks and posed as the woman until he eventually was found out.

For this reason, I prefer to receive a phone call from someone saying they arrived safely. And, if they don't call within the time expected, I'll call the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname