GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - Why would moving to Alaska put them out of reach for child support?

We have a "Child Support Enforcement Agency" which is a State run department. They make sure parents pay child support. It doesn't matter if one parent lives in Alaska and the other one lives in another state. They work with every state, enforcing support orders by garnishment (paychecks, tax refunds, Alaska PFD, savings accounts, etc.). Usually the only way to avoid them is to work for cash under the table or work for a Native Corporation (American Indian) which do not have to recognize state or Federal judgements. Moving to Alaska would not get anyone off the hook for child support.

I have known several people (one is my sister) who have been unsuccessful in getting child support across state lines. (former husband is a physician and has moved from state to state several times to make tracking him down as difficult as possible) Also, Bush's budgets woefully underfunded the agency, and there were terrible backlogs. I've heard things are better under Obama, but establishing paternity would be onerous... I've read that only about 8% of children with out of state fathers get child support from them. Finally, we know that AK is different from many other states in that it has many remote areas where disappearing is easier than it would be in S. California. Of course, CL's perception (NL's too) is more important than reality. This could have been motive enough, but I'll bet NL's part in this was significant. Hopefully, time will tell. The important thing is that he/they get prosecuted. It may be LE has enough to indict now, and are taking their time to gather as much evidence as possible. The goal is a conviction, and waiting months, a year, two years, to get one is the right tack if they can make a stronger case.

Ok so your the wife of a Marine having an affair with another Marines wife and she happens to be pregnant.
What do You do?

LEAVE HIM!

Why hasn't she?

Ok so your the wife of a Marine having an affair with another Marines wife and she happens to be pregnant.
What do You do?

LEAVE HIM!

Why hasn't she?

Well, NL CAN'T leave CL now. Why she didn't leave CL instead of choosing to kill Erin, I guess cause she 'looooves' CL so much!

Well, NL CAN'T leave CL now. Why she didn't leave CL instead of choosing to kill Erin, I guess cause she 'looooves' CL so much!

Ya think?.
Everything that man owned would be tossed out on the front lawn. And I mean everything!

I don't think they were going hunting.
I think hunting was just what he told his wife. he was going to do that day. I think Erin said hunting in her text messages cause this was the excuse given.

I cant for the life of me see two ppl having an affair sneaking out to have time together go HUNTING. Just makes no sense. So to me Hunting was the excuse he used to get out of the house,

I do not think she is in JT.

I think they went somewhere else.

JMO

BBM I can, and have known of people who did it. They were both into hunting, and it was a way to go off together for extended periods of time.

I can buy that maybe they planned to go hunting, but not where they said (Joshua Tree). I don't think she's in the park either, though.

bbm

IMO, That would go along with NL planning of this "hunting" trip of CL. She wanted EC injured, abandoned to suffer until her death.

Rational in this thinking of NL: NL had suffered once the "affair" was discovered (as evidenced by her Pinterest), CL had to fix their problem or NL would leave him and he would never see their child again; this is the way NL instructed CL to fix their problem. NL may have even been at the "undisclosed" location to torture - verbally and/or physically Erin prior to her being injured.

This is all MOO.

Funny thing is, a lot of her Pinterest posts were made months ago. And I'm talking about ones that hint to forgiveness, betrayal, marriage issues.....Makes me wonder if CL "strayed" before but this time was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak?

If this has already been discussed feel free to scroll and roll. :)
A scenario I just thought of:

What if CL picked up EC for their celebratory rendezvous and unbeknownst to them, NL followed them. CL and EC got to wherever they had planned to go, NL confronts them both, and shoots EC. CL is forced to help dispose of EC's body and returns to EC's car where NL moves it off the road. NL is now blackmailing CL by threatening to tell LE that CL admitted to her that he killed EC and she, NL, is simply an innocent victim in it all.

If this has already been discussed feel free to scroll and roll. :)
A scenario I just thought of:

What if CL picked up EC for their celebratory rendezvous and unbeknownst to them, NL followed them. CL and EC got to wherever they had planned to go, NL confronts them both, and shoots EC. CL is forced to help dispose of EC's body and returns to EC's car where NL moves it off the road. NL is now blackmailing CL by threatening to tell LE that CL admitted to her that he killed EC and she, NL, is simply an innocent victim in it all.

How easy is it to follow someone without them noticing in the desert? Especially when it's your wife!

What do You do?

LEAVE HIM!

Why hasn't she?

They married so very young. Could be she is dependant upon him emotionally? Or they both are dysfunctional and feed off each others carp.

How easy is it to follow someone without them noticing in the desert? Especially when it's your wife!

She could have borrowed a car and worn a disguise. If they did go 2 hours away it's doubtful they were traveling the whole way off road.

LE does not have to decide anything at the moment....California imposes no statute of limitations for crimes of murder therefore that is the beauty of this LE can take as much time as needed to get their ducks in a row to ensure their case is as rock solid as possible prior to lowering the hammer. So patience is truly a virtue when the stakes are so high such as right now. Speculating of course that these are the individuals involved in a crime. Only time will tell the story.
If LE is waiting for NL or CL to confess, they will be waiting forever. If LE is waiting to find Erin and/or a crime scene, what will they do after a certain amount of time if they find neither? If after exhausting all leads they can't find Erin or a crime scene, and NL and CL say nothing, will LE just let the case go cold or will they charge NL and CL?

At this point I'm just not getting LE sticking with the official statement of not being able to rule out "voluntary missing". The public knows better than that, and I bet NL and CL know LE knows better. At some point LE is going to have to decide if they are going to charge NL and CL with Erin's murder whether they have a body and a crime scene or not, and most likely without any confession from NL and CL.

This case has premeditation written all over it. Google is such a key reference these days. I wonder if the evidence is somewhere in a person's google history.

If it was premeditated, and I agree with you that it likely was, chances are they figured that in. If, of course, they are as smart as some folks are giving them credit for. For me, the jury is still out on that one.

What do You do?

LEAVE HIM!

Why hasn't she?

Cuz she's so smart and he's not. Cuz she's gonna save him from his wicked ways. Cuz she looooooves him.:puke:

Did the owner of the horse rescue say anything about what she knew of NL or was it only CL she talked about?

Did the owner of the horse rescue say anything about what she knew of NL or was it only CL she talked about?

In the interview that was posted yesterday, I didn't hear anything about NL mentioned. I was hoping the reporter would ask IM about her, but if they talked about NL they didn't show us.

My recollection of the interview involved glowing reports of CL with virtually no mention of NL to speak of. Have to go back and review link to be certain though.

What do You do?

LEAVE HIM!

Why hasn't she?

Erin is still just a girl with at least 4 years to go before her frontal lobe is completely developed. (The frontal lobe contains the areas the brain uses to make decisions). Young adults are interesting creatures; they believe they know everything but in reality they do not due to their physiological make up. Very few young adults will agree with this before the age of 30.

My recollection of the interview involved glowing reports of CL with virtually no mention of NL to speak of. Have to go back and review link to be certain though.

That's what I remember, too. She had nothing but compliments for CL but, and it is a really big but (I really wanted to insert a smilie here. lol), she did incriminate NL by repeating the things NL told her. Then later she tried to recant the story somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix