Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA said he worked for his friends construction company when him and kim where living on LI shortly before the AC murders....I wonder if their is a connection between the company HA worked for Bittrolff's company?

I'v had the very same thought.

"significant piece of wardrobe" was missing from the crime scenes

Panty or bra?

"both bodies were positioned similarly"

I know plenty of women who don't wear panties, and a few who don't wear bras. I myself don't usually wear a coat in the winter time, so if my body were found in Nov., sans a coat, LE would be making a huge error in assuming my coat was taken. What I don't know are any women who, in frigid temperatures, run around without shoes on their feet.

JMO

The writer begins his Bittrolff/LISK connection with the assertion that LISK is responsible for the torsos found in Manorville. There is no evidence at all that this is the case.
In November 2011 police stated that there was one killer for the 10 bodies found along the beaches. Two of those bodies, Jessica Taylor and Jane Doe #6. were partially found in Manorville, and that is exactly what the writer states, i.e. "torsos from two of the LISK victims were recovered in the Manorville pine barrens, a mere three miles from where Bittrolff lived."

I believe a neighbor said he liked animals. He had horses, pigs and goats…does animal feed/supplies come in burlap bags?

A hunter as well…did he butcher is own kills?

In November 2011 police stated that there was one killer for the 10 bodies found along the beaches. Two of those bodies, Jessica Taylor and Jane Doe #6. were partially found in Manorville, and that is exactly what the writer states, i.e. "torsos from two of the LISK victims were recovered in the Manorville pine barrens, a mere three miles from where Bittrolff lived."

DORMER stated. Not everyone agrees.

http://cnsnews.com/da-discounts-lone-killer-theory-ny-bodies-case-1

DORMER stated. Not everyone agrees.

Right, but plenty do. In fact, Occam's razor would pretty much say that since:
1- prostitutes were strangled and killed and found on Gilgo
2- near to Gilgo, parts of murdered prostitutes are found with other parts of them found in Manorville
3- prostitutes were strangled and killed and found in Manorville
...if you solve 3, you've just solved 1 and 2.

I agree with you 100%. I see nothing about the GB4 victims bodies that points to rage. LISK is in control of everything, imo. He picks his victim carefully according to type, he acquires them through a routine of sorts, he somehow inspires their trust, and then he strangles them. He also doesn't just dump them...he wraps them, intact, in burlap and then places each body very close to the next victim. He also likes to play mind games (when drinking?) with the victims loved ones. We see none of this in Bittrolff. Bittrolff is a rapist/murderer with rage issues. That much is obvious by looking at the condition of Tangredi and McNamee. I don't think he carefully selects his victims, or even considers that part of the game. He's spur of the moment, imo. See a victim, pick her up, rape her, beat her, strangle her, and then just dump her right then and there. Doesn't sound remotely like LISK, imo. In fact, it really doesn't sound like ACSK, but at least we have some similarities in those 2 cases.

Thanks, MK, and I agree with everything you said! I've recently started poking into the ACSK. (Or do most people call him The Eastbound Strangler? I've seen both and I'm not sure there is even a name for this guy that everyone agrees on!) ACSK throws me for a bit of a loop because there just hasn't been a lot released on those crimes. There *could* be a foot fetish connection *if* CM, RT, and SC were missing their shoes. That knowledge would make a big difference! But with what we do currently know, I don't see a connection between JB and ACSK, either. I think the sad, really freaking scary reality is that there are a LOT of sickos out there. A lot.

Right, but plenty do. In fact, Occam's razor would pretty much say that since:
1- prostitutes were strangled and killed and found on Gilgo
2- near to Gilgo, parts of murdered prostitutes are found with other parts of them found in Manorville
3- prostitutes were strangled and killed and found in Manorville
...if you solve 3, you've just solved 1 and 2.

There were 4 bodies found in Manorville...2 women and 2 men. One was identified as Jessica Taylor, a known prostitute. The other female has never been identified, so it's not an established fact that she was a prostitute. Doubtful the men were either. So when you state it as a fact that prostitutes were killed and found in Manorville, that's misleading. ONE known prostitute was discovered murdered and dismembered in Manorville. And I don't believe LE ever stated that JT was strangled, so that too is not an established fact.

So when you state it as a fact that prostitutes were killed and found in Manorville, that's misleading. ONE known prostitute was discovered murdered and dismembered in Manorville.
Hardly changes the point, which is that when you find a serial killer who strangles prostitutes a short distance from Gilgo, and that serial killer is the right age and right profile for LISK, and that serial killer has been living in the area for 20 years since his known killings, well then common sense says you've found your killer. Fairly obviously, I should think. The connections between Manorville and Gilgo just put an exclamation point on the whole thing.

And again, it's an assumption that these torsos belonged to victims of LISK. Anyone could have killed Jessica Taylor and Jane Doe #6. Whoever DID kill them didn't want their identities discovered, hence the distance between locations of key body parts. That some parts of them ended up in the general area of the GB4 does NOT automatically mean they were the work of LISK.

Hardly changes the point, which is that when you find a serial killer who strangles prostitutes a short distance from Gilgo, and that serial killer is the right age and right profile for LISK, and that serial killer has been living in the area for 20 years since his known killings, well then common sense says you've found your killer. Fairly obviously, I should think. The connections between Manorville and Gilgo just put an exclamation point on the whole thing.

Which of the Manorville victims were strangled?

And again, it's an assumption that these torsos belonged to victims of LISK. Anyone could have killed Jessica Taylor and Jane Doe #6. Whoever DID kill them didn't want their identities discovered, hence the distance between locations of key body parts. That some parts of them ended up in the general area of the GB4 does NOT automatically mean they were the work of LISK.

Right, it's just....Occam's razor.

While it's tempting to lump all the victims together, and I think we all WANT one person to be responsible (and off the street), strangling and dismembering are two completely different MOs.

The only way I believe they could be related is if (and I've come to believe that this is a BIG IF), the LISK is responsible and changed his MO for the GB4 to throw off police. That was a theory I had a little while back, but after reading between the lines in Spota's press conference on JB, I came to believe that theory is highly unlikely.

ETA: The Occam's Razor theory is just too simple to be applied to the complicated psyches of serial killers, IMO.

Has anyone local passed by his residence lately? Has there been any activity by LE to search that huge piece of land next to the house? Can any of you good property sleuthers see if they own that piece of land? Or who does?

topratedsleuth, you might find this interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeway_Killer

The Freeway Killer was a nickname given by the media—and later police forces—to what they believed was a single serial killer claiming victims in California, USA, during the 1970s and often dumping the victims along the freeways. However, there turned out to be three Freeway Killers who operated independently of each other, but just happened to select similar victims from similar locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DNALab4U