GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think it was the opposite with MacDonald. His long road to justice started with an Article 32 hearing because he was still in the Army and the crime occurred on base. It ended up in civilian court, years later, after his father in law petitioned the Justice Department to take action.

You are right! Just thinking about the "Double Jeopardy" and how it doesn't apply in these cases.

I was fascinated by the Jeffrey McDonald case because at the time it happened, my husband was in the USArmy at another base. This hit close to home for me, being a military wife and all at the time. Especially with his first story that hippie types came in and killed his wife and children after knocking him out. Military wives are left alone a lot, while their husbands are on duty.

The same for me! I remember watching Fatal Vision with my mother while I was in elementary school and I remember reading the book for a "book report" (remember those?!) in 7th grade! My English teacher was like, "You read THIS?!" :lol: I thoroughly believe he is responsible for the crime.

Snipped
Right?!?! WS has warped my mind.

:gasp: what would they find on my computer ... she was into BDSM ( Bashara Case) and smothering and killing of toddlers (Anthony case) and sexting/leaving child in heat ( Harris case) and extramarital affairs (Elvis case) and potential killing by a racist (Dunn case, Zimmeran) and sexual jealousy (Arias case) and another man/*other woman* (MacNeill).... OMG, just a FEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW if anyone wanted to search my history... :gaah:

Shall I put in my will to erase my history so that my family can never see my :websleuther: history lol

ETA: And yeah, recently she was searching and posting on threads ... and must be involved in the middle east crisis!

ETA#2: Hope the NSA isn't searching on key words here :hills:

The same for me! I remember watching Fatal Vision with my mother while I was in elementary school and I remember reading the book for a "book report" (remember those?!) in 7th grade! My English teacher was like, "You read THIS?!" :lol: I thoroughly believe he is responsible for the crime.

I read Helter Skelter when I was in 6th grade!! I thought I was the only one. I have found my people!

Yes, MacDonald was tried within the military first. I posted a link so interested people could read about or review the case. We can't assume everyone is familiar with a case and I went there to refresh my memory as well. I like the Crime Library and some people may not know about the site.

o/t - I don't know about everyone else but when reading a case thread, where the subjects within the case are interspersed throughout the thread, just to catch up sometimes I'll skip spending a lot of time on one concept or link provided within a post. Then later (if I remember or took a note) I'll go back to explore that thought or study a map, etc. At the time, I may not have taken time to look up MacDonald even though I'm interested.

Have you researched the Timothy Hennis/Eastburn murders case Woe? Some similarities and with mention of Jeffrey MacDonald from a witness. True Crime (especially military related, since I'm military) is fascinating to me. I guess because it's just really hard for me to fathom how one could commit such heinous acts and I wonder what goes through someone's mind when they are contemplating or committing these crimes...I guess the psychology of it???

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/family/hennis/overkill-three-brutal-murders.html

I also appreciate the crime library website for information like this.

The situation you are describing is HIGHLY illegal. NO vet would go for that. No reputable vet, anyhow.

It's not unheard of at all though. I've worked with many rescues, and they all have antibiotics on hand, vaccinations, etc without a vet around. I also know a lot of breeders also have the medications. I've always wondered how, because a lot of animal medicine is the same as human medicine. But, I do know for a fact that it happens.

Edit: I've never seen euthanasia drugs on hand though, or anything major

Yea, it's getting confusing because on both the page/group you have officials from local news stations posting, in an official context. But, I don't think we are allowed to post any of it. On a different case, I had posted something from a reporter's twitter and it was taken down

If this is the case, why haven't the update the story with this information? I would think this type of information would be worthy of its own update at this point in time.

It's not unheard of at all though. I've worked with many rescues, and they all have antibiotics on hand, vaccinations, etc without a vet around. I also know a lot of breeders also have the medications. I've always wondered how, because a lot of animal medicine is the same as human medicine. But, I do know for a fact that it happens.

Edit: I've never seen euthanasia drugs on hand though, or anything major

Torbogesic is a narcotic pain killer used on horses. My horse colicks so the vet prescribed a bottle to have on hand and it is locked up at the barn. it is used in case of emergency. Ace, Bute, Robaxin, antibiotics, dexamedrol, Banamine are just some of the meds typically found at a barn. I live in a populated suburban area too. It would not surprise me if these types of drugs were kept on hand. JMV

Lol I did a book report in 7th grade on the book Wise Guy...from which the movie Goodfellas was based off of. My true crime interest was already starting lol

In the supposed text that she sent to her friend back home she stated she was going with CL 2 hours away. I am wondering did she actually mean CL or could she have just used an abbreviation for example "Chris" to mean Christopher Columbus Transcontinental Hwy and that she was hunting out areas there. Not hunting as in hunting animals but hunting as in searching? Then something happened outside that base that changed her plans.

Not sure about other areas of the country, but they name all kinds of freeways/highways (and even "portions" of them) in Southern California. I've NEVER heard anyone use one of these name, with the exception of location names such as "Pasadena Freeway." I even had to look up which one is the Christopher Columbus Transcontinental Hwy, and found out it's the 10...which is about 1 mile from my house!!! It's also named several names in different places, such as the "Sonny Bono Memorial Highway," so if we went by the "names" verses the numbers we'd have to memorize a TON of information. This seems like a HUMONGOUS stretch that she would 1) even use this name, and 2) shorten it to "Chris."

Lol I did a book report in 7th grade on the book Wise Guy...from which the movie Goodfellas was based off of. My true crime interest was already starting lol

: ) Mine started when I wrote a paper on the mysterious deaths of people associated with JFK/Oswald/Ruby just 2 years after the assassination....and yes, I was quite young.

Information that our members are posting in our private Scanner Forum is to remain in the Scanner Forum. If something interesting is heard, a member can post in the public forum that there is something going on, so members don't miss anything. If there is scanner information posted in the MSM, it can be quoted here WITH A LINK to the MSM article.

We are a victim friendly site. We have no suspects or persons of interest at this time, no one is to be discussed as such until or unless this happens. No sleuthing of friends or family. No rumor.

CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too.
last warning about the closed fb group rumors.

Do we know if Erin's family went back home? Has Jon returned to work?

It's always bothered me that EC's car was only 2 miles from the base. IF I was ever to have an affair, I don't think I would leave my car only 2 miles from home, it just doesn't sit right with me. That and, if someone is responsible for her demise, why did he/she/they leave it only 2 miles from base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawless311