GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see a man come in with Abby, Zenya, and Sarah. A couple of other women. So I don't think Ruben was in court.

<modsnip>

That attorney Friedman/Freeman? (I couldn't tell, bad sound) seems slightly unprofessional to me. At one point he was slouching in his chair with his legs crossed casually; and I've seen him smiling/laughing a couple times. Smh. It just doesn't seem very professional for this serious of a matter IMO.

Reminds me of Jose Baez.

I didn't see Abby there (unless that was her seated to her mom's right?)--I noticed the camera kept closing in on the dark-haired gal seated at the aisle next to Abby's mom but I believe that was Abby's older sister, wasn't it?

It was Abby, Sarah was to ZH's right, Abby on the left

Brandon Gunnoe &#8207;@Brandon_Gunnoe 8m
Abigail Hernandez sitting in court with her mother while alleged kidnapper Nate Kibby is arraigned
BtunAxPCYAAir7T.jpg

https://twitter.com/Brandon_Gunnoe

setting up for presser out front of courthouse right now

I would respectfully request that all derogatory references to religion and politics be left out of this discussion. It's a side issue to this offense (unless they met at church, for example), and really invites rabbit-trailing of a negative nature towards certain beliefs and political leanings--neither of which would be responsible for this crime, IMO. Thanks!

That's why when I posted his letters to the editor, I was careful to say that he was very opinionated and leave it at that. It was the tone of those letters that interested me far more than his political leanings.

I didn't see Abby there (unless that was her seated to her mom's right?)--I noticed the camera kept closing in on the dark-haired gal seated at the aisle next to Abby's mom but I believe that was Abby's older sister, wasn't it?

I linked WMURs video above of the 3 walking into court--Abby, Sarah, and Zenya. Abby was sitting on the aisle.

Oops, I was snipped :( can anyone tell me why still photos from the courtroom would not be allowed here? It was from a live broadcast on an MSM site and they will surely be posted on those sites within a few minutes, if they haven't already been.

That attorney Friedman/Freeman? (I couldn't tell, bad sound) seems slightly unprofessional to me. At one point he was slouching in his chair with his legs crossed casually; and I've seen him smiling/laughing a couple times. Smh. It just doesn't seem very professional for this serious of a matter IMO.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to this court specifically, but a lot of times, arraignments are a more relaxed atmosphere. Even if the crimes are serious, it's a very quick in-quick out process where defendants are shuffled through the courtroom, and defense attorneys have very little time to put together much of a case. In my area, it's very common to see attorneys on both sides of the aisle chatting with one another and yes, even making jokes. Sometimes, levity and taking your mind off things is the only way you can get through what seems like a grueling list of depraved humanity.

Maybe he is unprofessional. I don't really know for sure - can't watch the presser here at work. But public defenders have such a tough job - unless their conduct is really egregious, I can't go along with picking at them being unprofessional. They have a tough enough job as it is, with very little thanks.

ETA: Ah, just saw Bodhi's post above. I missed the beginning, with them walking into court.

No that was Abby.

I linked WMURs video above of the 3 walking into court--Abby, Sarah, and Zenya. Abby was sitting on the aisle.

Thanks, yes...I finally saw it reading posts backwards after the live video of the hearing. :)

I can't speak to this court specifically, but a lot of times, arraignments are a more relaxed atmosphere. Even if the crimes are serious, it's a very quick in-quick out process where defendants are shuffled through the courtroom, and defense attorneys have very little time to put together much of a case. In my area, it's very common to see attorneys on both sides of the aisle chatting with one another and yes, even making jokes. Sometimes, levity and taking your mind off things is the only way you can get through what seems like a grueling list of depraved humanity.

Maybe he is unprofessional. I don't really know for sure - can't watch the presser here at work. But public defenders have such a tough job - unless their conduct is really egregious, I can't go along with picking at them being unprofessional. They have a tough enough job as it is, with very little thanks.

I totally agree with you on that; they definitely have a difficult job without enough recognition. I understand arraignments are much more laid back than future court dates. I feel as if any laughing matters should be discussed outside of the courtroom, especially considering AH is in the courtroom. IMO though, especially with the victim and her family present and even in a more laid back court setting such as an arraignment..I think it is very important to conduct yourself professionally, especially as an attorney. Jmo though, maybe I was misinterpreting his body language. It's hard telling.

I keep re-watching the video of Abby coming into the courtroom, this seems so surreal! I've been following this case from the beginning but usually stay quiet. My first thought was that she looked amazing (healthy) but then I noticed in the video how thin she really is..and the darkness under her eyes and the color of her skin. Maybe because I have a chronic illness I can pick up on the little things people usually don't even notice. She does seem to have minor health concerns, but the fact she is out and walking around is amazing. Honestly after 9 months of hell you'd expect something so much more horrible.
Anyway, this proves how amazingly strong she really is. I hope that this investigation is fast moving (yet thorough) so she can put this in the past and move forward.
I think she needs support now more than ever. I am so thankful she is back with her family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419