Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #5 ***ARRESTS***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ... IF JA's attorney has NOT received any discovery, then how would Long know about these alleged new "sightings" in Mexico ?

The article said:

Long said he has yet to see a page of discovery from the state detailing the evidence that led to the arrest of Autry and co-defendant Zack Adams.

"It's pretty obvious to me that though they have 9,000 pages of discovery they want to dump on Autry; they haven't solved this crime," said Long.

The information that someone claims they saw Holly in Mexico certainly wouldn't be part of any evidence that led to those arrests.

The article said:

Long said he has yet to see a page of discovery from the state detailing the evidence that led to the arrest of Autry and co-defendant Zack Adams.

"It's pretty obvious to me that though they have 9,000 pages of discovery they want to dump on Autry; they haven't solved this crime," said Long.

The information that someone claims they saw Holly in Mexico certainly wouldn't be part of any evidence that led to those arrests.

:seeya: Oh wow yes ... thank you, Steve, for pointing that out !

I should NOT have put those 2 separate issues together and I should know better ... oh, it's late and I am back and forth between here and the McStay Forum here !

Now this is JMO but I wish they would start sharing that discovery -- we know JA and Long like to "talk" so maybe they will drop something ? Ya never know.

But I do find it ODD and hinky this recent so-called sighting in Mexico, and of course, LE is NOT sharing a thing ...

:seeya: Night all !

I agree Foxfire. It seems odd to me that after this much time, and knowing the importance of this video, the TBI still has not even found some way to at least unlock the phone?

Shouldn't they have got warrants for his phone records and his phones and checked them out BEFORE bringing any charges? Not only is it troubling that they brought charges before checking his phone, but it's also troubling that a judge would sign off on an arrest warrant based on a woman's claim with no other backing evidence. That's not how the justice system is supposed to work.

and THAT is why so many of us are becoming troubled by this investigation. The appearance of arrest and charge now and find the evidence to support the arrests later. That is a big concern for many who genuinely feel ZA is guilty. I am worried they are still trying to make that case ready for a jury and are grasping at straws and playing slipshod with the rules to do it.

I want to see a conviction but not if its one that won't stick. We only get one bite at this apple. I hope its not rotten.

I want to see a conviction but not if its one that won't stick. We only get one bite at this apple. I hope its not rotten.

More than that, I want to see a conviction of the real criminals, not The Usual Suspects that are convenient. I'm not saying any of these guys are wrongly accused, but if the investigation is just a bunch of slipshod BS that ends up accusing the wrong people, there's no justice for Holly in that even if they get convicted. So far, this branch of LE seems to be willing to toss people in jail for the flimsiest of reasons.

totally not arguing with you.

I believe there was a video. I believe certain members and associates have seen it. BUT I feel it was longs since destroyed (there has to be one or two brain cells in this group right??) and I beleive that the rumor has been so prevalent in the local topix threads for so long that ANYONE with an ax to grind about someone else could simply do exactly as you suggest and claim to have seen it when they didn't

Sorry don't buy someone would keep this for three years and show it off to someone..just one person all of a sudden. I think there was a sex video of someone else (not Holly), someone willingly getting filmed, and this woman knows it. When the Pearcy brothers were first arrested someone posted on another forum there was cell phone video of one of the brothers swapping gf/wives with a friend and filming the sex. I really believe this is what this woman saw or heard about. I don't believe her at all about seeing Holly tied up and raped.
I could be wrong, but it's a gut feeling because it makes no sense the way she says it happened and how this is playing out.
Put it this way, if there is a video on JP's phone at Apple waiting to be unlocked (wtf?) of HB being raped, and JP is keeping up this public lie he's doing himself a world of hurt instead of just rolling on his half brother he doesn't have a lot contact with anymore.

Pearcy maintained after court that there is not a video of Bobo or anyone else and that there never was a video.

Yet in this article it says he states the video is of Mark Pearcy and his ex-wife ( also named Holly).

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26137704/man-linked-to-holly-bobo-case-in-court-tuesday

If he's guilty we obviously know he's lying. How he can be NG and say "I don't know of a video, didn't show one, BUT if there was one it was of his brother and his wife" ..
Think of this, someone is steadfast in their accusation against you and you didn't do it, even goes before a judge and swears it true. You know you didn't show a video of what she's saying but your mind automatically starts to think "Well maybe she's thinking of ...this or that" to try and understand what in the hell is going on, and what in the hell the person is talking about. You think of anything to try and grasp what the person is talking about.
I believe it's a normal thought process.
I don't think JP would ever take the fall for Mark Pearcy with something of this magnitude. Maybe as brothers he'd cover for some petty stuff, but this is serious and he knows it. After all he wasn't involved or in the video, he could easily get immunity to hang all of them with his testimony and, corroborate King's testimony.

Shouldn't they have got warrants for his phone records and his phones and checked them out BEFORE bringing any charges? Not only is it troubling that they brought charges before checking his phone, but it's also troubling that a judge would sign off on an arrest warrant based on a woman's claim with no other backing evidence. That's not how the justice system is supposed to work.
They thought, all imo of course, the charges alone would break the case. That's all they needed, and Jeff Pearcy would crack. After all he's clean and decent especially compared to the others. He works, not a druggie or punk, has more to lose, and if King's story is true he wasn't involved in the crime or in the video, just had it to show someone. He could easily walk with no time what so ever if he just folded. The fact he isn't folding solidifies the fact this is all hokum. And they presented some recording King did while wired, but that didn't mean anything or show any guilt, and we have yet another judge saying "oh sure this is plenty of evidence to go to the grand jury". I hope and pray the government never gets you in their bullseye. They absolutely ruin people with little to no evidence, and don't give a damn if they're wrong.

They thought, all imo of course, the charges alone would break the case. That's all they needed, and Jeff Pearcy would crack. After all he's clean and decent especially compared to the others. He works, not a druggie or punk, has more to lose, and if King's story is true he wasn't involved in the crime or in the video, just had it to show someone. He could easily walk with no time what so ever if he just folded. The fact he isn't folding solidifies the fact this is all hokum. And they presented some recording King did while wired, but that didn't mean anything or show any guilt, and we have yet another judge saying "oh sure this is plenty of evidence to go to the grand jury". I hope and pray the government never gets you in their bullseye. They absolutely ruin people with little to no evidence, and don't give a damn if they're wrong.

this is a perfect example of why i roll my eyes when fellow citizens have an "if you're not hiding anything why do you care?" mentality about the fourth amendment. because sometimes a bad egg in LE (or any authority figure) can wreck you even if you're not hiding anything.

Just looking at things another way here - if there isn't anything incriminating on the phone, why doesn't the owner simply provide LE with the code needed to unlock it and clear himself straight away? Even if the phone contains another embarrassing or revolting video of some sort, revealing it would have to be better than being accused of being part of Holly's death?

Sorry don't buy someone would keep this for three years and show it off to someone..just one person all of a sudden. I think there was a sex video of someone else (not Holly), someone willingly getting filmed, and this woman knows it. When the Pearcy brothers were first arrested someone posted on another forum there was cell phone video of one of the brothers swapping gf/wives with a friend and filming the sex. I really believe this is what this woman saw or heard about. I don't believe her at all about seeing Holly tied up and raped.
I could be wrong, but it's a gut feeling because it makes no sense the way she says it happened and how this is playing out.
Put it this way, if there is a video on JP's phone at Apple waiting to be unlocked (wtf?) of HB being raped, and JP is keeping up this public lie he's doing himself a world of hurt instead of just rolling on his half brother he doesn't have a lot contact with anymore.

this is a perfect example of why i roll my eyes when fellow citizens have an "if you're not hiding anything why do you care?" mentality about the fourth amendment. because sometimes a bad egg in LE (or any authority figure) can wreck you even if you're not hiding anything.

As a vietnam era veteran and American, I am a firm believer in our constitutional rights. Since HB's abduction on the tragic morning of April 13, 2011, I doubt that there are any websleuths members that have been any more critical of the TBI or the TN Justice system' tactics, as it relates to the Holly Bobo investigation.
With that said, imo, Sandra King, is being truthful about witnessing the video showing ZA having sex with HB. SK would have been raked over the coals by the TBI investigators and likely polygraphed on at least one occasion... I believe SK witnessed the video as she has testified..

In the past, sexual predators/serial killers would take souvenirs; clothing or other items from their innocent victims enabling them to relive their heinous crimes. But 'times they are a changin'... It is not unusual, but actually common for today's sexual predators/serial killers to film their deviant acts..
jmo

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...nnection-To-Bobo-Disappearance-269023111.html
Witness Claims To Have Seen Alleged Video Featuring Bobo

I agree. The only area where we do not is that I do believe there may have been video taken of Holly before her death and possibly of her being raped or otherwise physically harmed.

But if such a video exists I do not think it was passed around, I do not think Mark or Jeff Pearcy ever had it in their possession and I do not think copies of it would be floating around all over the county. I feel it would have been destroyed quite some time back.

I believe this witness, King, may have an ax to grind against JP and she took snippets of conversation she had overheard or bits of info about a consensual wife/gf swap type video "rape" and twisted it to make into something it never was for her own ends.

Just looking at things another way here - if there isn't anything incriminating on the phone, why doesn't the owner simply provide LE with the code needed to unlock it and clear himself straight away? Even if the phone contains another embarrassing or revolting video of some sort, revealing it would have to be better than being accused of being part of Holly's death?

BBM Spinning back to "who says he hasn't?" A court could easily order him to. Why have LE not sought such an order? Why does LE simply not say, the owner has locked us out judge, make him unlock?

I am normally such a big supporter of LE and the process. But this LE and this process are not seeming at all like what I am used to seeing. It gives me pause.

So does that mean that the Judge did not find probable cause? What did the witnesses have to say? The live link did not work for me. Why not go to GJ from the start? I don't get it.

JMO's

LTNS again!

It means the Judge found enough probable cause so he is letting it go to the Grand Jury.

Imo, I think he found Ms. King credible. I bet the TBI has given her a poly too and she passed.

IMO

RBBM:

:waitasec: Okay ... so don't ya think the TBI would have gotten the phone unlocked by now ?

:thinking: JMO but I think they have unlocked the phone ... the video is still there -- or -- the video was deleted ... but they have proof that it existed ? Possible ?

:moo:

He was just recently arrested and charged so they really haven't had his phone for a long time and it does take time for the forensic communication experts to examine the phone. They must be very diligent and careful while doing so to make sure they do not destroy anything the phone may reveal.

So I am very hopeful that they will be able to retrieve the video that I am convinced exists or existed. If they are unsuccessful they can always ask for the FBIs assistance since they are known to be some of the best experts in the world when it comes to communication systems.

Unlocking a phone or even some computers is not as easy as some may think it is. I remember when they obtained Joseph Duncan's phone and computer the FBI could not get into many of his computer files. They tried for years and never could do it.

IMO

BBM Spinning back to "who says he hasn't?" A court could easily order him to. Why have LE not sought such an order? Why does LE simply not say, the owner has locked us out judge, make him unlock?

I am normally such a big supporter of LE and the process. But this LE and this process are not seeming at all like what I am used to seeing. It gives me pause.

BBM

Because under the law no defendant can be made to incriminate himself.

Just catching up here. So much going on in other cases and trials that I lost the thread. I hope that the TBI or Apple can unlock the phone. It wouldn't surprise me to know he kept it. Some people treasure their grisly "souvenirs" of crime.

As a vietnam era veteran and American, I am a firm believer in our constitutional rights. Since HB's abduction on the tragic morning of April 13, 2011, I doubt that there are any websleuths members that have been any more critical of the TBI or the TN Justice system' tactics, as it relates to the Holly Bobo investigation.
With that said, imo, Sandra King, is being truthful about witnessing the video showing ZA having sex with HB. SK would have been raked over the coals by the TBI investigators and likely polygraphed on at least one occasion... I believe SK witnessed the video as she has testified..

In the past, sexual predators/serial killers would take souvenirs; clothing or other items from their innocent victims enabling them to relive their heinous crimes. But 'times they are a changin'... It is not unusual, but actually common for today's sexual predators/serial killers to film their deviant acts..
jmo

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...nnection-To-Bobo-Disappearance-269023111.html
Witness Claims To Have Seen Alleged Video Featuring Bobo

Excellent post my friend.

We have to remember who Ms. King was going up against by even having the nerve to come to police two weeks after she saw this despicable video and from my understanding she didn't watch all of it but just a short part of it. No telling what the complete video shows.:(

You are so correct. Since cell phones have video capacity many criminals nowadays are immortalizing their horrendous hideous acts they do against innocent victims.

I believe ZA and JA capable of anything and still have their followers on the outside. Ms. King had to think twice whether she wanted to even get involved knowing who the players are in this brutal case.

She said she had known Pearcy for 19 years. I do not think this is a case of a woman's revenge. She came forth with what she knew and what SHE saw,imo, and nothing more. She was really putting her own life in danger by coming forward. She is not accusing Pearcy of raping Holly. Why? Because the video she saw showed Zach Adams raping Holly. If she was just lying to get back at Pearcy and knew there really isn't a video then she could have said that he too was in the middle of raping Holly but she didn't do that. The reason she didn't is because the part of the video she saw it was Zach Adams being the brutalizing monster. And she knows if the police can retrieve the cell phone footage THAT is what it is going to show.

I am thankful that the Judge found Ms. King credible. I do believe he believes her and that is why he found there was enough probable cause to send it to the GJ.

IMO

A couple of thoughts I have on the possible video if it does indeed exist:
1. The Pearcy phone is in LE custody. It is locked. The Pearcy brother (am not sure which one) has not provided access to the phone's contents.
2. The phone is at an "Apple store" waiting to be unlocked. This "Apple store" is probably some specialized part of the Apple company that can possibly access the phone not your local Apple store.
3. It is probably easier to get Apple to unlock the phone than to send it to the FBI labs which could probably do it too. I'm sure providing Apple with appropriate legal papers would ensure the company cooperates.
4. As much as I dislike saying this comment, it could be true. Think of some teenagers who have access to a cellphone video that is "forbidden." In my 31 years in the classroom, I know that some kids will share (by text message) many things that adults would consider forbidden. If one teenager has access to something, you can safely bet that many others do too. I know the people charged with Holly's death are not teenagers. They are people with long criminal records and dope addicts. It is not too far out to think that this video could have been widely shared with other people of the same type. It could indeed exist on other people's cellphones, etc., even if the other people are not connected to the accused in any way. It just takes one "share" to get it out of a certain group of people. If it existed, it's probably out there somewhere.
5. I don't like saying this either. As I learned from following the Lauren Giddings case, there is a "dark net" out there that most people don't know about and certainly don't know how to access. I don't really truly understand it but there are websites that are dedicated to twisted types of things like what is purported to be on the video in question. These websites are accessed through hidden hosts and servers all over the world. The purported video could have been downloaded to one of these type sites.
6. I agree that LE has most probably given SK at least one polygraph.
7. As to why LE has only recently turned the phone over to the "Apple store" could be because LE has only recently gained physical custody of the phone. If I remember correctly, search warrants were served and searches conducted in relation to the property of the Pearcy brothers.
8. Mentions about this possible video have been reported by MSM for months. If I remember correctly, it was slightly mentioned in one of the very early press conferences after the first arrest was made.

These ideas are, as always, my opinion and thoughts only.

BBM

Because under the law no defendant can be made to incriminate himself.

and you believe it is logical that neither TBI nor the Apple Store can unlock this phone? For all this time?

Boy that Jeff Pearcy must be some kind of genius or hacker whiz to figure out how to lock his phone in such a manner that even experts cannot get it unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonwilso