Small Details that are interesting in the Cooper Harris case, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, I can't get over his premonition dream of Cooper being in Jesus' lap.

While Ross plays guitar. :guitar::sick:

Seriously, that image makes me want to vomit while simultaneously beating the soul patch off of Ross' double chin, using a guitar to do so. Did the angels play backup on Skynnard covers?

<self modsnip> ($&@#%^&#8364;)

June 25, 2014
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...found-dead-backseat-hot-car-article-1.1841435

"Although the father appeared panicked as he and several witnesses tried to revive the boy at the scene, police say they have uncovered more disturbing details that prove Harris was more than just a negligent parent. A source told WSB-TV that there is evidence the distraught dad actually knew the child was in the car before he pulled his lifeless body from the SUV.
&#8220;Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported,&#8221; Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN.

&#8220;I&#8217;ve been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather.&#8221; Pierce said he could not elaborate on the details, because it was considered an ongoing investigation. But he said Harris&#8217; story had a lot of holes.

Pierce said investigators were no longer sure if little Cooper had been in the SUV for as long as the father initially reported.
&#8220;I cannot confirm that the child, as originally reported, was in the car at 9 a.m.,&#8221; he said."

I think this whole thing started out as something different than where it has landed after LE viewed all the evidence. They're not just going to back off now and say, oh...we made a mistake. [modsnip]. Or, maybe there's more still we don't know about? Could be, but I doubt it.

[modsnip] IMO, they are understating the horrific circumstances surrounding Cooper's murder until the trial.

Ross' story IS full of holes and the statement made by LE regarding not being able to confirm that Cooper was in the car at 9 a.m. was likely because on June 25, when the statement was made, LE was waiting for forensics to evaluate the crime scene. Like any reasonable resource, they are waiting for more evidence before categorically stating "X happened at Y because of Z".

Also, Cooper's state of decomp may have been to the point where it caused investigators to believe he had been dead for longer than originally assumed. I will admit, I first thought Cooper was dead before he was ever strapped into that seat.

Sadly, it appears he suffered a more horrific death. I cannot even fathom the panic and pain.

June 25, 2014
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...found-dead-backseat-hot-car-article-1.1841435

"Although the father appeared panicked as he and several witnesses tried to revive the boy at the scene, police say they have uncovered more disturbing details that prove Harris was more than just a negligent parent. A source told WSB-TV that there is evidence the distraught dad actually knew the child was in the car before he pulled his lifeless body from the SUV.
&#8220;Much has changed about the circumstances leading up to the death of this 22-month-old since it was first reported,&#8221; Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce told CNN.

&#8220;I&#8217;ve been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather.&#8221; Pierce said he could not elaborate on the details, because it was considered an ongoing investigation. But he said Harris&#8217; story had a lot of holes.

Pierce said investigators were no longer sure if little Cooper had been in the SUV for as long as the father initially reported.
&#8220;I cannot confirm that the child, as originally reported, was in the car at 9 a.m.,&#8221; he said."

I think this whole thing started out as something different than where it has landed after LE viewed all the evidence. They're not just going to back off now and say, oh...we made a mistake. [modsnip]. Or, maybe there's more still we don't know about? Could be, but I doubt it.

LE are supposed to view evidence and once the totality of it is known, it does tend to alter the picture from what it was initially. I'm not sure what more we need to know about. Baby is dead and his father is responsible. No dispute in those two facts.

JMO

LE are supposed to view evidence and once the totality of it is known, it does tend to alter the picture from what it was initially. I'm not sure what more we need to know about. Baby is dead and his father is responsible. No dispute in those two facts.

JMO

Apparently, there was something that led LE to believe Cooper had been killed before being put in the carseat. They found they didn't have supporting evidence, and lowered the charges.

Apparently, there was something that led LE to believe Cooper had been killed before being put in the carseat. They found they didn't have supporting evidence, and lowered the charges.

That's your interpretation.

First time I've heard that theory! Is that your opinion or did you read/hear something that leads you to believe that? TIA!

That's your interpretation.

First time I've heard that theory! Is that your opinion or did you read/hear something that leads you to believe that? TIA!

The charges were lowered, that is fact. The reason wasn't disclosed, but it's not hard to put two-and-two together when you read the statements that were published. Is there another reasonable explanation?

The charges were lowered, that is fact. The reason wasn't disclosed, but it's not hard to put two-and-two together when you read the statements that were published. Is there another reasonable explanation?

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. The charges were a brilliant strategic prosecution move. IMO BRILLIANT!!!!

If found guilty as charged, he faces LWOP or possibly even the DP.

So ....I really have no idea what you're talking about.

SBM, BBM & CBM.

The charges were lowered, that is fact. --True

The reason wasn't disclosed --True (eta, IIRC, the defense asked about that, and Det. Stoddard replied. Can't remember the convo at this time, but I will re-watch that part of the hearing when I get a chance, and update my post later).

It's not hard to put two-and-two together when you read the statements that were published -- I'm pretty good at math, but two-and-two don't add up to four in this statement, for me. Jmo, imo. As for the published statements, which statements are you referring to? Can you provide links? TIA!

Is there another reasonable explanation? Yes, prosecution strategy, to name one. Moo.

SBM, BBM & CBM.

The reason wasn't disclosed --True

It's not hard to put two-and-two together when you read the statements that were published -- I'm pretty good at math, but two-and-two together don't add up to four in this statement, imo. As for the published statements, which statements are you referring to? Can you provide links? TIA!

Is there another reasonable explanation? Yes, prosecution strategy, to name one. Moo.

If those [modsnip] statements hadn't been made by LE, I might buy what you're saying...but they were, so goes my opinion.

SBM, BBM & CBM.

The reason wasn't disclosed --True (eta, IIRC, the defense asked about that, and Det. Stoddard replied. Can't remember the convo at this time, but I will re-watch that part of the hearing when I get a chance, and update my post later).

It's not hard to put two-and-two together when you read the statements that were published -- I'm pretty good at math, but two-and-two don't add up to four in this statement, for me. Jmo, imo. As for the published statements, which statements are you referring to? Can you provide links? TIA!

Due to my settings, I don't know who is questioning the downgrade of the charges again, but whomever said the reason wasn't disclosed is mistaken or didn't bother watching the PCH.

Anyway, Cinnamon, I saw that you were going to go back and re-watch the hearing to try to find the reason for the downgrade, so I wanted to save you the trouble :blowkiss:

There was talk about the child cruelty charges in the bond hearing with the defense attorney questioning detective Stoddard about downgrading the cruelty charges. Around 1:05:00 in the video http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_of...video-archive/

This may be off topic and neither here nor there but . . .

Have you ever had that experience where you get up to go do something or head into a room for a reason, and then completely blank on why you are there? you have to go back to where that thought fell out of your head to remember it? If you don't you have to let it go have it be completely out of your head til some stimuli will bring it unbidden, into your head?

Not that this is the same but some of the same principals would apply I would think. Random stimuli in the day causing you a moment of connection to something forgotten. (Just MOO)
Yes! Yesterday as a matter of fact. I jumped up, rushed into the kitchen and duh........ Spun around, looked out the window, scanned the room, cussed myself and walked back to the room I was in . After I walked into the room I was in I stood there and asked myself
"OK dummy, what were you going to the kitchen for? "
DOG FOOD! The pups bowl was empty.
Ta Da!

They have 3 locations to eat from... Not a big deal, but I knew I needed to do something...
All posts are MOO

SBM, BBM & CBM.

A simple thanks wasn't enough. :goodpost:

Honestly, IMO and moo I think that at first they originally thought that there was some "mistreatment" prior to that day. There was a lot of emphasis on development and whether Cooper was developing normally.
Perhaps it was RH assertion that he was "developing fine" that made them not believe him or maybe it was something else. I feel like there was something else that was discovered on the scene that initially was a cause for concern, but after a quick investigation it proved to be of no value. Therefore charges were reduced.

****for instance... The head circumference.
It is something that is measured at every check up. If the head circumference is off the charts, typically a baby is referred for further evaluation to determine what, if any, conditions might be contributing to such a large head.
Then there are the kids who just have big heads and it is totally normal for the biological children of certain parents.
My girlfriend has a big head. Her babies did too, however they were completely normal. Had my child had a head that big, I would have been looking at a condition like hydrocephalus...
It would not have been normal for my kids.

I'm not saying this is what happened in this case. I don't know why the charges were reduced, but if they needed to be I am glad they were. Overcharging has proved to be a bad idea. Imo

All posts are MOO

Good points and I also think there was something that LE thought wasn't kosher.

Good points and I also think there was something that LE thought wasn't kosher.
Ugh... At this point IMO, it was something that happened during the process of dying in a hot car that CCPD had no way of knowing before the medical examiner did the autopsy.
My thinking is that they thought a dead child was placed into the car and "oops forgot to take him to daycare" was a coverup.
Once the Chick Fil a video was seen and Cooper was alive and well at 9:19 am they realized the hot car was not a cover up for murder.
I admit it. It seems like Cooper had been dead about 2 days when he was placed on the pavement. I'm not sure that CCPD realized how much faster the decomp rate is in a vehicular hyperthermia/heatstroke death.
I doubted it myself and thought that all of it was a cover up AND that mom HAD to be involved until I heard Cooper was alive and well at 9:19am.
After some research, I changed my views.
I think CCPD did the same. They didn't clear the mom, which imo they should have, but I don't know the whole story.

All posts are MOO

RH is guilty of child neglect whether intentional or not. If you've got your head so far up your tail that you can't take care of a baby you are guilty of neglect and should be punished. This little boy lost his life and Cooper did not deserve the horrific death that he suffered. I have zero sympathy or concern for RH.

RH is guilty of child neglect whether intentional or not. If you've got your head so far up your tail that you can't take care of a baby you are guilty of neglect and should be punished. This little boy lost his life and Cooper did not deserve the horrific death that he suffered. I have zero sympathy or concern for RH.
You are not alone.
I want him exposed for what I believe him to be, but for some reason I feel like that gets bargained down and hushed up. IMO that is just WRONG. I am not saying he physically hurt a woman/child but imo he needs to be called to task if any such activities were participated in.

All posts are MOO

I also think they may have first thought it was a cover up for a previous murder. I hate to imagine how that baby actually looked when they got to the scene.
But too, they had spoken to the workers at the day care, and I would think they offered an opinion on it they felt he was properly cared for at home, whether his development was normal and such.
I want them held fully responsible for this, but not so overcharged that they walk. (I keep saying they, like LH is already charged)
All MOO

I also think they may have first thought it was a cover up for a previous murder. I hate to imagine how that baby actually looked when they got to the scene.
But too, they had spoken to the workers at the day care, and I would think they offered an opinion on it they felt he was properly cared for at home, whether his development was normal and such.
I want them held fully responsible for this, but not so overcharged that they walk. (I keep saying they, like LH is already charged)
All MOO

I agree. Little Cooper had abrasions on his head, which could make one think someone battered him rather than instantly realize he had been struggling for his life. I don't know if that's what they were thinking, but JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie