Trial Discussion Thread #49 - 14.08.7, Day 39 ~final arguments~

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be very interesting to hear what Barry Roux will have to say during his closing. Especially after Oscar has attempted to throw him under the bus several times.

Does Roux strike anyone as the type to "fall on his sword" for Oscar?

Good morning too, to all you WS' but from rainy Nothern Germany! Now in awaiting of ... :jail: for "our" OP.

My part of Germany has sun AND rain. Alternating, a bit like OP's evidence, as Nel says.

Fruit. A healthy teatime refreshment for us.

If you don't count the butter pastry and cream inside. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 125
It's just wonderful to have the group back together again. :grin:

I think Roux will be eloquent and his grasp of English is better that Nel. However, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and Nel has so much evidence of lying and tailoring. Roux can't get around that. The State has real experts' evidence and the defence only has so-called experts. Big difference. I love how OP yawned earlier. Glad he finds it all ho-hum. I was thinking about his last outing at the nightclub. Maybe it was his last hurrah. Sure hope so.

It should be very interesting to hear what Barry Roux will have to say during his closing. Especially after Oscar has attempted to throw him under the bus several times.

Does Roux strike anyone as the type to "fall on his sword" for Oscar?

I can't see Roux not fighting until the very end, to win the case for his client, somehow. Even if he doesn't like him (I have no idea if he does or not).

:underbus:

Roux getting ready for tomorrow, coming out from under the bus OP threw him.

BIB
Nel appears to have made a mistake saying it was never put to her as per the transcript I made of EVDM's testimony:

Roux: The fact is, you never heard any arguing.

VDMW: I did.

Roux: Or, let me put it to you again, take you back, all you heard was a, I'm reading it again, (reads Afrikaans), now translated, that was (reads Afrikaans): You heard a woman's voice, you could not hear the words or the language spoken, and it was "far from your house". That is what you heard.

VDMI: Yes, that's what I said, but I must say that I know a woman's voice, and there's many movements between a woman's voice, especially when we become angry, or cross my lady.

Roux: But here it's far away, you can't hear words, you can't hear language.

VDMI: To tell the honest truth, my lady, I do not know from which direction those sounds were coming from because our time at home is to... to fall asleep.

That transcript appears to show that Roux accepted that she did hear a woman's voice, not that she didn't hear anything.

Court is back. Judge is saying we are 'finished when we closed'?

Masipa questioning Nel finishing today. Masipa says she is not available next week AT ALL!!

Judge: I don't want to be a nuisance, but nxt week I'm not available...

Nel says he doesn't think there will be a problem. He and Roux should be finished Friday.

Morning everyone! Yes I've been on-time this morning despite reports to the contrary. I've even fixed my hair to listen to Nel this morning. \\|||//

nel: There's a blood spatter pattern on the carpet, going onto duvet. That couldn't have been moved.

Then goes on to point out whole list of things that OP said were moved, that police would have had to somehow know in advance would incriminate him, when they hadn't even heard his version.

Nel: ...it's incomprehensible how the major 'changes' to the scene were not taken up with Col Van R.....we cannot blame counsel for this, just the mendacity of the accused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti