LeAnna (Mom) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, most of the public dislikes her and thinks she is guilty in someway, so they won't care about her complaints. Nobody is going to say that they think she is involved b/c there is a media witch hunt against her (not saying there is). Plus, the media can just gloss over the parts where she mentions them, and most people are not going to actually open the document and read every word.

You make some good points. I think that your right with those points.

Leave me alone, I need to grieve.

Come here, I have something to share with you.

Go away, why do you torment me?

Sorry but I really am having a difficult time with the victim impact statement.

:goodpost: Yes, this ^ ^ ^

She's probably googling her name as I type this.

cady, respectfully, I am trying not to be personally offended by this remark. Recently, I stepped away for about ten days to spend with my precious granddaughters when they came to visit. I am not here for just the big news stories. I am here, for Cooper, until the end; even when I step away for a few days to spend quality time with my family.

RE: the victim impact statement, answer to #4: "Whatever issues that transpired in our marriage is between us and God, for He will judge those moral sins." This statement tells me to expect more to come regarding this couple's preferred sexual dalliances.

Seems weird to invoke God while referring to their "issues." Does she mean the sexting, etc? She sounds brainwashed, like she's in some sort of religious cult of which RH is the leader.

Leave me alone, I need to grieve.

Come here, I have something to share with you.

Go away, why do you torment me?

Sorry but I really am having a difficult time with the victim impact statement.

You saved me writing a post - and said it much better than I could have! :loveyou:

Leanna says she has not been able to work in 42 (or whatever) days because of the media hounding her. Yet if your child is killed, it doesn't seem unrealistic that you would miss two months+ of work, so why not put that as a reason?

Leanna says she has not been able to work in 42 (or whatever) days because of the media hounding her. Yet if your child is killed, it doesn't seem unrealistic that you would miss two months+ of work, so why not put that as a reason?

JMO but she wants to put blame on anyone but her darling RH. Maybe she is working up to a lawsuit.

JMO but she wants to put blame on anyone but her darling RH. Maybe she is working up to a lawsuit.

I didn't want to think that ^ but I'm leaning that way.

Has anyone ever heard of the mom of a dead child listing herself as the Victim?
This is like some weird Twilight Zone episode.

IMO her 'grief' is from being separated from RH, not from Cooper

Good luck to her. There is no way she will be able to successfully go up against the media and their lawyers. They haven't written anything liable against her, so she is just throwing away all her money. She can look forward to the countersuit....

We heard that Leanna met w/ Lin Wood about three weeks ago. Nothing since then. I think that means that Lin decided to not take her on as a client.

Good luck to her. There is no way she will be able to successfully go up against the media and their lawyers. They haven't written anything liable against her, so she is just throwing away all her money. She can look forward to the countersuit....

We heard that Leanna met w/ Lin Wood about three weeks ago. Nothing since then. I think that means that Lin decided to not take her on as a client.

I don't think she'd win a suit either. But this woman is strange. Who knows what she has in mind.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2014/08/08/leanna-harris-cooper-hot-car-death/13796883/

From the video @ the above link:

Reporter Kevin Rowson "A statement from the Cobb County District Attorney's Office fell short of clearing Leanna Harris."

He then goes on to quote the statement from the DA's office. It's already been posted here, but I think it's worth repeating, especially since it follows Mr. Z's comments in the video that the DA's office has labeled LH a victim and don't think she's done anything criminal (simply because LH received the packet). But that isn't at all what it means, according to this statement:

"We are required by the Crime Victim's Bill of Rights to send those forms to all victims or a victim's next of kin, and it is standard procedure in the Cobb District Attorney's Office to do so."

It's been several days since we learned of this victim impact statement, but I'm still flabbergasted that LH listed herself as the victim, rather than Cooper as the victim and herself as the mother of the victim. She noted on the statement that her attorney helped her fill out the statement, so she can't claim that she didn't understand the questions on the form.

If LH acknowledged that her baby was the victim of a crime, then I would consider her as a victim, as well. But since she's adamant that no crime occurred, and claims that she and RH are essentially being victimized by the legal system and the media, I can't view her as a crime victim.

I can only imagine what the prosecutor's reaction was when he read LH's answers to the questions on the form.

I'd love to hear from Stoddard about Leanna's victim statement form. He seemed very vested in the case at the PCH and more caring towards Cooper than his parents.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2014/08/08/leanna-harris-cooper-hot-car-death/13796883/

From the video @ the above link:

Reporter Kevin Rowson "A statement from the Cobb County District Attorney's Office fell short of clearing Leanna Harris."

He then goes on to quote the statement from the DA's office. It's already been posted here, but I think it's worth repeating, especially since it follows Mr. Z's comments in the video that the DA's office has labeled LH a victim and don't think she's done anything criminal (simply because LH received the packet). But that isn't at all what it means, according to this statement:

"We are required by the Crime Victim's Bill of Rights to send those forms to all victims or a victim's next of kin, and it is standard procedure in the Cobb District Attorney's Office to do so."

It's been several days since we learned of this victim impact statement, but I'm still flabbergasted that LH listed herself as the victim, rather than Cooper as the victim and herself as the mother of the victim. She noted on the statement that her attorney helped her fill out the statement, so she can't claim that she didn't understand the questions on the form.

If LH acknowledged that her baby was the victim of a crime, then I would consider her as a victim, as well. But since she's adamant that no crime occurred, and claims that she and RH are essentially being victimized by the legal system and the media, I can't view her as a crime victim.

I can only imagine what the prosecutor's reaction was when he read LH's answers to the questions on the form.

Omy goodness>>> the DA likely went :thud: .

Families of victims are considered victims, too. When the defendant stands trial the family/next of kin has a right to make a victims statement as to how the loss of their loved one has affect them. The form sent to LH is a form that is for her use to make a victim/next of kin statement as to how she was affect by what happened to Cooper. It not a form that she had to fill out for Cooper. It's about how the crime affects her as a survivor. Her attorney released it so it was filled out properly. How she filled it out is obviously how she feels. jmo

yes it is appropriate for her to fill the form out describing how the crime has affected her as the mother of the child.

But per that statement she feels her husband, the accused, would never harm their child (ie. no crime happened but rather a horrible accident) which is why I think it would have been best had she not filled it out and had her attorney not released it for public scrutiny.

I didn't want to think that ^ but I'm leaning that way.

Has anyone ever heard of the mom of a dead child listing herself as the Victim?
This is like some weird Twilight Zone episode.

If someone other than the deceased tot's father had been under suspicion or been arrested and jailed w/out bail,
then, for VicImpStmt, seems like deceased tot's mother could consider self a victim.

You're right, Cherie.T, Twilight Zone. Doo-doo-doo-doo, TZ theme song.

MOO, JMO, MOO.

Is LH planning on filing a wrongful death lawsuit?
I guess not.
She could, claiming negligence,
but she knows more than anyone
that won't work.
I cannot believe she is still sticking up for him even if it's only a show.
Sick sick sick...

[modsnip]My church tried to tell me my husband comes before my children too. Like hell !!! My innocent babies ALWAYS came before him. He's an adult, he doesn't need to be looked after and tended to. It's too late to make a change with him. My job as a mother is to assure that my kids are a positive influence on society, not a negative one.

5 days short of 2 months. If she still supports RH, she failed Cooper as a mother, and Ross as a wife IMO. I have only met one man that wanted his needs to be placed before his children. His daughter who is 23 no longer speaks to him and tells people that he is "dead". When his 21 yo.son, finally decides to move out he has said he will never return.
Men like Ross don't even respect their own flesh and blood enougminute.
mooo demand that they get top notch care. Safety and secirity is a.term they know nothing about. You can't raise a.childiving in the min

All posts are MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members