Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see. I was wondering about more than if they weren't accused of a violent crime. If they were popular, involved in sports or groups, had girlfriends, weren't cruel to animals, didn't have a history of liking to play with fire, matches, acting out, gruesome interests, etc. usually they have some signs that were seen even when not living in a goldfish bowl like a MHP but GG doesn't seem to have a one. Let alone several.

That we know about....yet. He was only arrested a week ago. Tensions are high at the MHP and the community is tight. It doesn't surprise me that people aren't jumping up and down to come forward with their personal [negative] stories. We have no idea if he has a sealed record, or why he's on antidepressants. We have no idea if he's lived at this park his entire life or perhaps lived in AK.....and left stories behind. :twocents:

One of his SM media pages (I cannot recall which one) he talked about letters he received while in the hospital for surgery. I don't recall the date, sorry. (it's probably in one of these threads though)
Yes that was what I was referring to - it said it was about 8 months ago but I wondered what the surgery was for.

I don't know if that is true.

There is a man who did brain research who found he should have been a psychopath, but he was not because he was raised with love.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127888976

The human brain is malleable. We aren't conceived with a fully developed brain. Our brains develop over time. I like to think of it like a plant seed. You may start with a perfectly healthy seed, but because of outside stressers it may develop into a defective plant. . .or you may have a defective seed to begin with that results in a defective plant. Either way the results are the same and it will be difficult to determine which was the case when you are looking at the defective plant. We know that developing human brains can have actual physical changes to it due to environmental influences. . .so which does it become? Because now the result may appear innate. As in the case of this man and my cheesy analogy, maybe he was a defective seed, but with much attention and care he was able to develop into a healthy plant. That's heartening.

It's the whole nature vs nurture thing and it is very difficult to determine, because the cause and effect can be circular. It is fascinating, IMHO.

I just wanted to add, that I know I've heard several times that in general, psychopaths are born and sociopaths are made. But I don't think it's really that cut and dry.

With GG having two older brothers who were active in wrestling during their growing up years, did the boys practice wrestling moves in the home and included GG? They probably did not wear protective head gear. There would have been a good weight difference between first and third child. Or even second and third child for a while.

Just a thought that being the youngest, GG may have received some damaging blows to his head or holds in play/practice moves at home. No one realized any damage was done, but over time it added up.

No accusations being implied! Just simply that brothers would want to share or teach the other one how to be better.

My opinions only!

Oh I totally agree. And I do not understand how someone being a wrestler could ever mean they weren't sexually abused. I can see someone who is sexually abused not wanting to wrestle because it might trigger something in them. But as a survivor myself who has been to more than a few counselors I know that every victim is different based on their experiences and their own personalities. Wrestling might or might not trigger something for asexually abused boy. But I bet there are many wrestlers who have been sexually abused.

My comments that you quoted was more meant that I can see people using all the available pieces of GG's life and experiences, relationships etc to get at a more full picture of him as I believe a person is the sum of their experiences, relationships, personality and thoughts. For better or worse.

I see what you are saying, and I agree.

Going a bit further, there are just a lot of kids in sports who are sexually abused. It's really pervasive, in my experience as an athlete and someone who has dealt with victims of abuse. When I worked at the advocacy center, coaches and trainers were second only to relatives as far as abusers. I think I'm veering off topic, though. But, I absolutely see what you mean.

And as far as 'person zero,' there had to be one in terms of an extremely young female child. Almost every culture around the world cherishes virginity. There is absolutely no reason for a tribe, culture or society to condone or encourage young girls being sexually abused (boys? maybe). It goes against every animalistic/survival need. Now, once one starts menses and can produce children (although still technically still children at 12, 13, 14), then yes. It wasn't uncommon at all up until, what..1960's? Later? Thus, at some point, there had to be SOMEONE who felt it was fine. Were they captured people or slaves? Maybe. I don't know. But, it goes against every part of our primal beings to do something like this.

The human brain is malleable. We aren't conceived with a fully developed brain. Our brains develop over time. I like to think of it like a plant seed. You may start with a perfectly healthy seed, but because of outside stressers it may develop into a defective plant. . .or you may have a defective seed to begin with that results in a defective plant. Either way the results are the same and it will be difficult to determine which was the case when you are looking at the defective plant. We know that developing human brains can have actual physical changes to it due to environmental influences. . .so which does it become? Because now the result may appear innate. As in the case of this man and my cheesy analogy, maybe he was a defective seed, but with much attention and care he was able to develop into a healthy plant. That's heartening.

It's the whole nature vs nurture thing and it is very difficult to determine, because the cause and effect can be circular. It is fascinating, IMHO.

I just wanted to add, that I know I've heard several times that in general, psychopaths are born and sociopaths are made. But I don't think it's really that cut and dry.
Great post. I like your analogy.

Violence against GGs' family and didn't a neighbor who spoke to reporters about J roaming around, alone, get a death threat?

We are agreeing in a roundabout way. I don't believe every pedo was sexually abused, which is why I said what I said - there must be some other psychological/physical/whatever haywire reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please!

I think I understood what you were saying. You were saying that at one point, no one on earth had been sexually abused. So, the first abuser to harm a victim could not have been abusing due to trauma he experienced from another person. (That would be person zero, if you will.) SO...that alone is a way to refute that pedophiles are created by abuse, or the suggestion that people abuse because of trauma.

Of course unless, Gabe decides to share what was in his head, we won't know for sure.

But, maybe his depression, the new drugs he had to take, and the jury he recently had that might have hurt his wrestling career, all of that turned into a storm that pushed him into darkness.

Guess I missed something - "the jury" BBM - what is that about?

Good to see you again ShadyLady, missed you. :seeya:

Of course unless, Gabe decides to share what was in his head, we won't know for sure.

But, maybe his depression, the new drugs he had to take, and the jury he recently had that might have hurt his wrestling career, all of that turned into a storm that pushed him into darkness.

Those are a lot of stressors to have at 17 and would probably have a lot to do with the timing of this especially when adding his best friend and girl friend were both out of town at the time.

I guess I'm just stuck on the thought that if someone has a lot of deviant thoughts that are extreme enough to lead to this then they would leak in a few ways if they were always around people. I see loners hiding their oddness but not a popular jock. So that is the part I'm stuck on. Not that we can't see what was in his head but how he could hide it when he lives in a family setting and not by himself, went to school, had friends he hung with. How at the emotionally unstable (not saying all teens are emotional unstable but that that is the age they are most universally navigating more extreme and diverse emotional landscape) leaky age of 17 did he hide all signs?

The human brain is malleable. We aren't conceived with a fully developed brain. Our brains develop over time. I like to think of it like a plant seed. You may start with a perfectly healthy seed, but because of outside stressers it may develop into a defective plant. snip...

My gut tells me he was neither psychopath nor sociopath, but has some sort of sexual deviance. Anime? I think his intent was sexually, it did not go according to plan, he panicked and his fight or flight kicked in and he did what it did to silence her. He was feeling guilty and scared and went back to bury her. I am sure he will get life. Probably plea deal.

Those are a lot of stressors to have at 17 and would probably have a lot to do with the timing of this especially when adding his best friend and girl friend were both out of town at the time.

I guess I'm just stuck on the thought that if someone has a lot of deviant thoughts that are extreme enough to lead to this then they would leak in a few ways if they were always around people. I see loners hiding their oddness but not a popular jock. So that is the part I'm stuck on. Not that we can't see what was in his head but how he could hide it when he lives in a family setting and not by himself, went to school, had friends he hung with. How at the emotionally unstable (not saying all teens are emotional unstable but that that is the age they are most universally navigating more extreme and diverse emotional landscape) leaky age of 17 did he hide all signs?

I think it's possible for some people to hide the worst of their emotions publicly. The emotions that can't be hidden, could have come across as teenager stuff. My sister has very serious mental health issues. She seemed pretty much like a normal teenager, but perhaps a little more sensitive or quick to be so. Nothing concerning in any, though. Oh good god, if we had seen her diaries from that time. (A few years ago when I was helping her unpack I across them. She was "healthy" at the time and shared them with me.) She was hiding SO much really dark stuff and the other stuff we saw really did just seem like teenager stuff. With that said, a few years after high school, she really couldn't hide it anymore. Perhaps, with him...the same happened. What if he could not contain it anymore?

I also want to add that it's not always depression as the reason for being prescribed antidepressants. They can be prescribed those for ADHD that doesn't respond to stimulant meds or oppositional defiant disorder or anxiety as well as many more disorders or conditions.

I mentioned that previously in one of these threads. Lots of other medical conditions for anti-depressants.

Violence against GGs' family and didn't a neighbor who spoke to reporters about J roaming around, alone, get a death threat?

Yes. People are angry, and understandably so. Sometimes angry people do really stupid things, in that anger.

I also wonder, but I am not the mother of boys, if locker room bravado is a part of this. Again, I am NOT the mother of boys, so I have no clue if "banging a virgin" over the summer would be something worthy of respect in that scenario. The more I look at him, the more I see a need to fit in with the team, be as good as his older brothers, and anger/bravado.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ds-alleged-bremerton-killer-article-1.1905048

GG currently is admitted to Western State Hospital "for a mental evaluation to learn if he’s capable of going through a criminal trial."

http://www.dshs.wa.gov/mhsystems/cstcForensicServices.shtml

"Most children who receive our forensic evaluations are interviewed at Child Study and Treatment Center. The children we evaluate are living at home, in some type of facility, or are being held in custody in a detention center while they are waiting for their legal case to be finished. Parents, guardians, care providers, or detention staff transports the child to CSTC, where they are interviewed for a few hours by one of CSTC's forensic evaluators. Given certain factors, some children held in custody may be interviewed at the detention center."

Yes, in one of the research articles I read, they talked a lot about "leaking." I'm sure all of his friends and family are extensively revisiting their memories and thoughts.

Kids are pretty perceptive but the local adults might very well have picked up on subtle clues about GG's state of mind that his friends missed. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that LE has a fat pile of statements from the neighbors right now. Maybe that's why we're not seeing a lot of comments from them in msm.

Also, Jenise's brother was out of town at the time of her murder but AFAIK it's unclear where GG's girlfriend was. We can't sleuth her anyway but I agree that the timing of who what and where during that weekend could be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley