Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noticed that I had not thought of before is that the young person certainly sounds like they think JW disappeared Saturday night. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. ty

The same girl quoted here was also quoted elsewhere in msm as having not seen Jenise on Sunday. I don't have the link handy, but it does exist, I promise :)

They found her being gone at 7 am unusual, and she usually checked in every 2-4 hours...and they 'became concerned' she 'did not check in within the usual time frame'.

But the 'concerned' call didn't go in until 10 p.m., presumably 11-13 hours after her missed first check-in.

This is the reason I don't think she was actually in bed at 10pm the night prior. While I'm not about to bash on the parents, it still blows my mind a 6 yr old is missing from her bed at 7am and no one dials 911 until nearly 10pm. Were that me, as soon as I was done searching the house and the yard, 911 would have been my next move. Although in this case, I honestly think it would have been too late anyway, since I believe GG did what he did long before 7am.

Question for anyone that might have knowledge or a handy link with relevant info.

Is it even possible to really know a time of death, when she was submerged in mud? (Ugh, I hate even talking of those details.) It seems like it would make knowing impossible, but I have no knowledge in this area.

The same girl quoted here was also quoted elsewhere in msm as having not seen Jenise on Sunday. I don't have the link handy, but it does exist, I promise :)

Ontario Mom, I sleuthed pretty early on and know what you're getting at. There was a particular series of comments that really changed my perspective initially, but I've kind of decided i read them wrong. Lots of blame and regret, but I think I misunderstood initially. Suffice to say not everyone felt the same way about J's "hanging around", but they felt bad after. It's all so sad and teens are teens at the end of the day, they don't necessarily want to be unpaid babysitters. Poor baby.

This is my first time posting on dear J's thread, for fear of getting banned for my thoughts on the whole sorry situation.

I ran into a woman on twitter the other day who had no fear of being banned from anywhere and was extraordinarily colorful in her opinions of this situation, so I completely understand where you're coming from.

This is the reason I don't think she was actually in bed at 10pm the night prior. While I'm not about to bash on the parents, it still blows my mind a 6 yr old is missing from her bed at 7am and no one dials 911 until nearly 10pm. Were that me, as soon as I was done searching the house and the yard, 911 would have been my next move. Although in this case, I honestly think it would have been too late anyway, since I believe GG did what he did long before 7am.

I can't see my Thanks button, but Thanks!

Question for anyone that might have knowledge or a handy link with relevant info.

Is it even possible to really know a time of death, when she was submerged in mud? (Ugh, I hate even talking of those details.) It seems like it would make knowing impossible, but I have no knowledge in this area.

I don't know that mud would make a difference, since they (the ME) can give an estimate on TOD based on the condition of the vital organs (when they ceased to function). The problem in this case though, is that they found her at least 5 days after she was gone. I don't know what kind of tests they do on the organs to determine TOD or if that time difference even matters.

Here you go:

http://q13fox.com/2014/08/07/still-...t-for-new-clues-in-6-year-olds-disappearance/

[MP], 14, was one of the last people to see Jenise. She said they were together Saturday night.

"I was hanging out with her all day Friday and Saturday and I woke up and didn’t see her at all Sunday,” [MP] said.

Ontario Mom, I sleuthed pretty early on and know what you're getting at. There was a particular series of comments that really changed my perspective initially, but I've kind of decided i read them wrong. Lots of blame and regret, but I think I misunderstood initially. Suffice to say not everyone felt the same way about J's "hanging around", but they felt bad after. It's all so sad and teens are teens at the end of the day, they don't necessarily want to be unpaid babysitters. Poor baby.

Yep, I know exactly what you're saying.

I ran into a woman on twitter the other day who had no fear of being banned from anywhere and was extraordinarily colorful in her opinions of this situation, so I completely understand where you're coming from.

I often feel a reluctance to post as I can't keep my thoughts to myself without fear of TOS or upsetting someone. Dear Alanna brought me here, I had to keep my mouth zipped there initially, hence my lack of posts! ☺️

I've been literally sitting on my hands and the whole situation makes me so angry, why does this keep happening? It's like the silly season with horrendous crimes against little girls happening each year, at this time! Dear Willow Long was another, bless her. I'm in the UK and we have had our fair share of horrific crimes against children, April Jones was in my own backyard and still makes me weep. I hate to say it, but there often seems to be a common thread. I can't say it here, but I'm an advocate of helicopter parenting and nothing can ever change my opinions on that.

Here you go:

http://q13fox.com/2014/08/07/still-...t-for-new-clues-in-6-year-olds-disappearance/

[MP], 14, was one of the last people to see Jenise. She said they were together Saturday night.

"I was hanging out with her all day Friday and Saturday and I woke up and didn’t see her at all Sunday,” [MP] said.

Yep, there it is. Thanks for pulling up that link. The same girl who stated they all run around in "packs" and look out for each other also says she didn't see her at all on Sunday. To me, that speaks volumes. If any one of her friends in that group did actually see her Sunday, one of them would have said something like, "no M, I saw her over at the swings right before lunch" or something like that... but they never did. That tells me, NO ONE SAW HER SUNDAY.

I often feel a reluctance to post as I can't keep my thoughts to myself without fear of TOS or upsetting someone. Dear Alanna brought me here, I had to keep my mouth zipped there initially, hence my lack of posts! ☺️

I've been literally sitting on my hands and the whole situation makes me so angry, why does this keep happening? It's like the silly season with horrendous crimes against little girls happening each year, at this time! Dear Willow Long was another, bless her. I'm in the UK and we have had our fair share of horrific crimes against children, April Jones was in my own backyard and still makes me weep. I hate to say it, but there often seems to be a common thread. I can't say it here, but I'm an advocate of helicopter parenting and nothing can ever change my opinions on that.

Alanna seriously impacted me, since it happened in my community at the time. Obviously, I saw and heard things in the community that I couldn't can't say here, because of TOS. That one got me, though. I don't go a day without being reminded of her.

It keeps happening, because there are terrible monsters disguised as human beings out there. What I don't understand, is how it keeps happening like this. (And hopefully you know what I mean by that.)

So many broken, lost little girls :(

Alanna seriously impacted me, since it happened in my community at the time. Obviously, I saw and heard things in the community that I couldn't can't say here, because of TOS. That one got me, though. I don't go a day without being reminded of her.

It keeps happening, because there are terrible monsters disguised as human beings out there. What I don't understand, is how it keeps happening like this. (And hopefully you know what I mean by that.)

For me it was Tori Stafford. We lived just outside of town at the time and the day the alert went out I was in town running errands and the command post was being set up. Cops cars *everywhere*, helicopters overhead nearly 24/7 and several times they came down very low over our place. Before they found her I found out WAY more than I could ever post publicly (although I hadn't registered here yet, I was lurking) and it sickened me. I know everyone wants to give it a nice, neat, medical label but I honestly believe there are just truly evil people among us.

ETA: One of the most heartbreaking things about the Tori Stafford case? The duplex where Rafferty's GF lives, is one I drive by *all* the time to go to my usual places to run errands. Tori loved butterflies and purple was her favorite color (another one to add to the Purple Girls) so someone had a ton of purple butterfly stickers made up. People had them everywhere, their cars, windows on their homes, etc. On the screen door of the duplex right next door to the killer's GF, was a Purple Butterfly Tori sticker. I saw that one day when I drove by and saw the police tape around the building, and just wept all over again.

For me it was Tori Stafford. We lived just outside of town at the time and the day the alert went out I was in town running errands and the command post was being set up. Cops cars *everywhere*, helicopters overhead nearly 24/7 and several times they came down very low over our place. Before they found her I found out WAY more than I could ever post publicly (although I hadn't registered here yet, I was lurking) and it sickened me. I know everyone wants to give it a nice, neat, medical label but I honestly believe there are just truly evil people among us.

I was little when Amber Hagerman and Ashley Estell were murdered as well. We were at a soccer tournament when Ashley Estell was abducted. Opal Jennings happened in the same city as Alanna when I was 17-18. We have had a lot of precious little girls taken. Alanna impacted more more intensely, I guess because I am older and have a child now...and the circumstances. I am old enough to hear of the circumstances more. The other 3 girls were abducted under circumstances any of us could experience and I was so young and in my own space, it didn't really register in the same way. Alanna...I wish I didn't know as much as I do.

I agree, the Tori Stafford case was absolutely horrific, that sweet little girl, it breaks my heart , as does Alanna. It's really beyond comprehension that these things happen, and they still do. It often makes me feel helpless, i have 5 yr old boy/ girl twins and I admit I am obsessed with their safety. I think frequenting these boards make you so much more aware of the devastation that can happen. My husband thinks I'm too possessive of our kids, but not when i know what can be on your doorstep.

Blue 22 and Ontario mom, thanks for talking on here, it's made me feel a bit more confident in posting, and that I'm on the right track . Thank you. I'm so sorry for those babies that we're close to home for you, bless you. Big hugs to you both. I'm off to bed, it's late in the UK! I'm so pleased we have chatted, if you get my drift! *advertiser censored*

And one of the things that gets me upset is that these teens who were made to feel like they were responsible for Jenise when she wasn't being watched by the parents are going to feel even more guilt than they already might have just for knowing or hanging with G.G.

This situation affects so many people. And even though some might be designated the victims by blood my mind and especially heart says it is some of these others that truly are victims and moreover the victims of not just GG's crimes.

ETA: One of the most heartbreaking things about the Tori Stafford case? The duplex where Rafferty's GF lives, is one I drive by *all* the time to go to my usual places to run errands. Tori loved butterflies and purple was her favorite color (another one to add to the Purple Girls) so someone had a ton of purple butterfly stickers made up. People had them everywhere, their cars, windows on their homes, etc. On the screen door of the duplex right next door to the killer's GF, was a Purple Butterfly Tori sticker. I saw that one day when I drove by and saw the police tape around the building, and just wept all over again.
Hugs for you xx

I was little when Amber Hagerman and Ashley Estell were murdered as well. We were at a soccer tournament when Ashley Estell was abducted. Opal Jennings happened in the same city as Alanna when I was 17-18. We have had a lot of precious little girls taken. Alanna impacted more more intensely, I guess because I am older and have a child now...and the circumstances. I am old enough to hear of the circumstances more. The other 3 girls were abducted under circumstances any of us could experience and I was so young and in my own space, it didn't really register in the same way. Alanna...I wish I didn't know as much as I do.

I completely get that. I'm originally from Bremerton where Jenise lived, so I was there for both Ted Bundy and Gary Ridgeway (the Green River Killer). I was just a kid when Bundy was doing his thing but grown ups talked about it a lot. Several girls on the local cheerleading team remember at practice one day seeing a really "cute" guy in a cast, leaning against a volkswagen bug, watching them. I only remember that because one of the girls was the older sister of my best friend. It was only later discovered he used that cast as a ruse to abduct. Late teens when Ridgeway was doing his thing and *everyone* talked about it, and the creepy looking guy in the "green truck" long before LE ever released that info to the public. Granted, they both operated in the greater Seattle area, but it was close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler