GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Erin being beaten a fact, or coming from items LE found? I can't see why would beat her when he had a gun ready to go. Jmo

Is Erin being beaten a fact, or coming from items LE found? I can't see why would beat her when he had a gun ready to go. Jmo

No. They recovered rebar at the scene that was similar to what CL had at home. I think people are making a jump to say that he beat her. It doesn't say that anywhere.

CBS News 8 has learned has learned Lee may have had an incriminating internet search history on his computer, which is what may have led investigators to zero in on the hundreds of mine shafts around Joshua Tree National Park.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/26306835/...r-of-missing-marine-wife-erin-corwin-arrested

I think this article was updated - I don't remember it talking about the possible incriminating web search earlier.

I thought that an article from earlier today talked about her being found in an area CL was familiar with - I wonder how they know it is an area he is familiar with. Is it from a Jeep off road website or event like another poster mentioned or from his cell phone pings or ??? Do the marines ever do drills out in that area because of the intense terrain? I have many questions but am confident some will be answered with time as we become privy to more info.

Kudos to all that helped find Erin in whatever way! Continued prayers to her family and friends and to all of CL's victims (i.e.. minor children included). How sad to grow up without a dad because he murdered a woman and his suspected child!

The last time DH, pup, and I visited JTNP (about two months ago) we did see Marines (in light blue camo fatigues, btw) running some type of drills in the park... In fact it looked like they were set up for overnight stays...

additionally... I have seen army drill held in our regional park/campground right by our house recently, too...

I do not know about drills on BLM, though...

JMO...

Pretty sure we know who the red car belongs to now, now don't we. WOW!

I guess the "Maroon Jeep" is our red car ...

647665613.jpg

I always thought that viable meant that the fetus would have been mature enough to survive outside of the womb. What the bleep do I know?
There is probably a legal drfinition for viable...IMO you are correct. My beliefs are that a fetus is a person at conception but unless the law states that, my beliefs dont matter in court

No. They recovered rebar at the scene that was similar to what CL had at home. I think people are making a jump to say that he beat her. It doesn't say that anywhere.

True it does not say that, but I also found the reference to rebar weird. Unless LE thinks he used it as a weapon, why even collect it or mention it?

I always thought that viable meant that the fetus would have been mature enough to survive outside of the womb. What the bleep do I know?

In the state of Californiua, that is exactly the case.

5. Viability: Viability is defined under California law as “the point in a pregnancy when, in the good faith medical judgment of a physician, on the particular facts of the case before that physician, there is a reasonable likelihood of the fetus’ sustained survival outside the uterus without the application of extraordinary medical measures.”[5]

Source: http://californiaabortionlaw.com/wp/?page_id=64

Pretty sure we know who the red car belongs to now, now don't we. WOW!

But MB said that the car was new. There is no way you would confuse a 1997 Jeep with a new model Kia.

Could he have been asked not to mention exactly what the car looked like?

In the state of Californiua, that is exactly the case.

5. Viability: Viability is defined under California law as “the point in a pregnancy when, in the good faith medical judgment of a physician, on the particular facts of the case before that physician, there is a reasonable likelihood of the fetus’ sustained survival outside the uterus without the application of extraordinary medical measures.”[5]

Source: http://californiaabortionlaw.com/wp/?page_id=64

which then makes me wonder how far along in her pregnancy Erin was. No fetus is viable at two months. No way Pancho.

True it does not say that, but I also found the reference to rebar weird. Unless LE thinks he used it as a weapon, why even collect it or mention it?

Well, it's interesting the fact that he had similar rebar at his house plus where Erin was found, so, that's another piece of evidence that put him at the scene. IMOO.

Did the worthless *&(#^$%#*&^! beat Erin with the rebar AND shoot her??!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! And what's with the tire in the mine with her? I hope that this miserable (&^#^%&#*^%! Christopher Lee gets what he has coming to him, PLUS some. Sorry for my rant.

Prayers for Erin, her family and friends. So, so sad. RIP Erin.

My thought was he stuck the rebar in the ground to hold a tire for target practice.

Tires and rebar, I'll have to ask hubby what he thinks. Why beat Erin when he had a gun to shoot her with?

Maybe the witness is his wife and/or ranch lady. After all, according to the Probable Cause Statement, it was NL who told them the 22 rifle was at the "ranch" and NL seems to be the first to mention a 22 caliber rifle (as far as we know at this point anyhow, according to Probable Cause Statement). Maybe, just maybe, she (NL) has been cooperating?? Thoughts?? Please don't throw tomatoes at me, I know I'm probably giving her credit where credit isn't due but it was just a thought.

When referring to the witness, the witness was referred to as a "he". Not sure if that matters or not...

John and Ken show: DA Michael Ramos.

Q: What was the clue to search the mines? How did they know to look there? A: Part of the evidence we can't discuss.

Lee denied affair, then changed his story. LE started investigation, found on computer how to dispose of a human body.

Witness say he asked what is the best way to dispose of a human body.

Don't know what the motive is for Lee killing Corwin.

Can't confirm that Corwin was indeed pregnant.

Based on CL saying he was collecting Tires and Rebar, I would assume that he sells what he finds. What was left at the scene was consistent with rebar found in his Jeep. It is another piece of evidence that ties CL to the crime scene based on what was recovered in his vehicle.

Killed the victim by means of lying in wait.

Does NL have a role in this: A. We are looking at this. Penal Code says they can charge people with covering up crimes such as this. Looking into how much knowledge she had of this crime.

Will he get death penalty? We have to make that decision later, but he's eligible for the Death Penalty.

Was CL a suspect immediately?

Would have to ask the Sheriff but when they looked at circumstances of the affair, he was pretty much a suspect.

In Alaska, they knew where Lee was the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa