NY - Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, murdered, 1993-94, John Biltroff *GUILTY* - #2

I'm guessing there was no "Carpenters" section in the local yellow pages but that, if there were, Bittrolff wasn't listed there. He was a handyman with a truck, and some people might call that a "carpenter"; there were undoubtedly several hundred people in the area who were at least as much "carpenters" as Bittrollf was. And there was no John Bittrolff DNA on file, of course. So I guess they could have asked for DNA samples from the relevant hundreds of people who it might be. Pretty expensive, with no reasonable expectation of success.

Carpenter is the choice word of prosecution. Not mine. I don't exactly know the nature of the wood material. Wood chips is not a material you would expect to be found around a carpenter but shavings is. On the other hand wood chips is a good mulch that can be used in orchards, barns etc. So significance changes a lot depending on what material they actually recovered. Here is an old link on help wanted to apprehend him. No mention of wood material. http://www.newsday.com/long-island/li-life/wanted-1.456672

We don't know what else they may have in hand. Tire impressions perhaps? Quite possible. Twenty years and Bittrolff never made it to list of POIs... That's too long.

Carpenter is the choice word of prosecution. Not mine.
That's OK, the text you quoted was my response to LL6. Not you.

Twenty years and Bittrolff never made it to list of POIs... That's too long.
There's no arguing that. To be fair, though, we don't know exactly what (if any) type of investigation they may have conducted back in '93 with the evidence they had.

I do know that Spota has said Bittrolff made statements after his arrest that were significant. Let's hope those statements were VERY significant.

And that part; Spota is probably speaking about Bittrolff's answer to the Golden Question.

"Do you know this person?"

I'm almost sure that he denied, not knowing the police already got his DNA and when confronted by evidence creep goes "Ooops... I want to call my lawyer".

This is the reason why the presence of DNA evidence should NEVER be made public. I'll write more on that.

And that part; Spota is probably speaking about Bittrolff's answer to the Golden Question.

"Do you know this person?"

I'm almost sure that he denied, not knowing the police already got his DNA and when confronted by evidence creep goes "Ooops... I want to call my lawyer".

This is the reason why the presence of DNA evidence should NEVER be made public. I'll write more on that.

Or, like some other SKs, he said something like, "You got me," or "What took you so long?"

No doubt his wife was attorney shopping the minute the cops cuffed him.

Honestly just going outward from JT dump site and looking at Manorville Residents with criminal records, Especially dUI and Bittrolff would have still come up fairly quickly

Honestly just going outward from JT dump site and looking at Manorville Residents with criminal records, Especially dUI and Bittrolff would have still come up fairly quickly

Why is that? Because nothing says "serial killer" like a guy with a dui arrest? ;)

Why is that? Because nothing says "serial killer" like a guy with a dui arrest? ;)

I have a list of ideas I wrote down for catching LISK just days befoe Bittrolff's arrest and look for DUI was a note I wrote to my self. So i'm sure LE could think of this. He was drunk on the phone calls so that was a big clue

I have a list of ideas I wrote down for catching LISK just days befoe Bittrolff's arrest and look for DUI was a note I wrote to my self. So i'm sure LE could think of this. He was drunk on the phone calls so that was a big clue

According to Johnny Terry with respect to these alleged phone calls LISK made to him. Amanda NEVER said he sounded drunk. She said that he sounded soft spoken and in control. Johnny Terry is a 2 bit pimp who hit Shannan so hard she had to have a metal plate put in her jaw to hold it together. Not someone whose credibility I'd hang my hat on.

Having said that, I do think LISK is a drinker. That is an opinion, not a fact, as you stated it to be. What is a fact is that dui arrests are extremely common.

"In Nassau County, 39 people were arrested on DWI charges between 7 p.m. and 8 a.m. the next day on Friday-Saturday and Saturday-Sunday. Suffolk County saw 21 arrested for "DWI and driving-while-ability-impaired charges between 4 p.m. Friday and 5:30 p.m. Saturday" (the numbers for Saturday-Sunday aren't available yet)."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/05/with_duis_long.php

That is one weekend, my friend. Multiply that by however many weekends there are in 5 years, or 10 years, or 15 years. Do you honestly believe you would somehow be able to pick one person out of that haystack? Based on what exactly? An opinion that LISK might be a drinker?

According to Johnny Terry with respect to these alleged phone calls LISK made to him. Amanda NEVER said he sounded drunk. She said that he sounded soft spoken and in control. Johnny Terry is a 2 bit pimp who hit Shannan so hard she had to have a metal plate put in her jaw to hold it together. Not someone whose credibility I'd hang my hat on.

Having said that, I do think LISK is a drinker. That is an opinion, not a fact, as you stated it to be. What is a fact is that dui arrests are extremely common.

"In Nassau County, 39 people were arrested on DWI charges between 7 p.m. and 8 a.m. the next day on Friday-Saturday and Saturday-Sunday. Suffolk County saw 21 arrested for "DWI and driving-while-ability-impaired charges between 4 p.m. Friday and 5:30 p.m. Saturday" (the numbers for Saturday-Sunday aren't available yet)."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/05/with_duis_long.php

That is one weekend, my friend. Multiply that by however many weekends there are in 5 years, or 10 years, or 15 years. Do you honestly believe you would somehow be able to pick one person out of that haystack? Based on what exactly? An opinion that LISK might be a drinker?

Hi MK, you are mixing up Melissa B and Shannan G's pimp/boyfriend's:

Johnny Terry, who claimed to have recived phone calls from he killer, was Melissa Bartheley's pimp/boyfriend, NOT Shannan Gilbert's,
Shannan Gilbert's pimp/boyfriend name is Alex Diaz and he broke Shannan's jaw, but he never claimed to have recived any phonne calls from the killer.

Hi MK, you are mixing up Melissa B and Shannan G's pimp/boyfriend's:

Johnny Terry, who claimed to have recived phone calls from he killer, was Melissa Bartheley's pimp/boyfriend, NOT Shannan Gilbert's,
Shannan Gilbert's pimp/boyfriend name is Alex Diaz and he broke Shannan's jaw, but he never claimed to have recived any phonne calls from the killer.

:seeya:

I get the boyfriend/pimps mixed up quiet often, and accuracy is important, so thanks for correcting me, Foreigner. My point is the same, though. Johnny Terry is also a 2-bit pimp, and if memory serves, he put Melissa in the hospital on more than one occasion. Either way, I wouldn't hang my hat on anything he says. Maybe he's telling the truth (I tend to think he is), and maybe he's a liar. But you can't state anything he says as a fact, imo. That was my point.

I get the boyfriend/pimps mixed up quiet often, and accuracy is important, so thanks for correcting me, Foreigner. My point is the same, though. Johnny Terry is also a 2-bit pimp, and if memory serves, he put Melissa in the hospital on more than one occasion. Either way, I wouldn't hang my hat on anything he says. Maybe he's telling the truth (I tend to think he is), and maybe he's a liar. But you can't state anything he says as a fact, imo. That was my point.

Your welcome :) and I agree 100% with your point.

It's the dui PLUS the assault PLUS the close proximity to 6 BODIES IN MANORVILLE

Don't know where else to post this....but doesn't it peeve anyone that MRS BITTROLFF makes her FB page non existent...but jnr still has his page open and semi public...where are the adults in all this???? ....it breaks my heart that I can see a picture in his albums of him and dad in a loving manner....at a time when dad is being arrested for murder....again where are the adults in all this...this young man needs to set his FB

Don't know where else to post this....but doesn't it peeve anyone that MRS BITTROLFF makes her FB page non existent...but jnr still has his page open and semi public...where are the adults in all this???? ....it breaks my heart that I can see a picture in his albums of him and dad in a loving manner....at a time when dad is being arrested for murder....again where are the adults in all this...this young man needs to set his FB

Let it be. The kid still loves and probably misses his dad. If and when he doesn't want to see those pictures they'll disappear. I don't think your broken heart has crossed the kids mind. Besides, the kid's old enough to make his own decisions at this point.

Yeah, social media may be one of the few places he has agency these days. Or maybe he isn't even thinking about it.

Yeah, social media may be one of the few places he has agency these days. Or maybe he isn't even thinking about it.

Good point. It may also help him to retain a sense of normality during this time. I'm sure his life has been turned upside down.

I generally make it a point NOT to discuss family members. Period. Unless, of course they are somehow tied to the case and have already been outted by msm. 1. because it's against TOS, and 2. Because it's not relevant to my purpose for being here.

But that's just me.

Just bumping the thread that deals with, ahem, the known strangler of prostitutes who lives on Long Island and whose movements for the past two decades are presently unknown to us. I was thinking about how, as we know, JB's home phone # is also the phone # for purported religious org VMOA. There are too many different references to the "duality" of this number on the net for me to think it's a typo - this is some sort of front that the Bittrolff's (in a biz profile, with the information surely provided by the owner/s, employees are listed as 2) are using for something. And, since they list annual revenues as 100k, I'd guess that they're using their little non-profit for the purposes of laundering money. We don't know what, if any, biz Mrs. Bittrolff was or is engaged in, but we do know that general contracting people (like JB himself) will often do work off the books for various reasons. So, point is, Mr. and Mrs. JB live in a nice house (Zillow puts propety taxes at over a thousand a month), they have teenagers...they have bills. They might be justifying the income they need to support their lifestyle to the IRS as contributions to VMOA. And, since JB's constructions efforts haven't left much of a footprint on the net, it will also be interesting to see if there were other sources of income carrying the load.

Just bumping the thread that deals with, ahem, the known strangler of prostitutes who lives on Long Island and whose movements for the past two decades are presently unknown to us. I was thinking about how, as we know, JB's home phone # is also the phone # for purported religious org VMOA. There are too many different references to the "duality" of this number on the net for me to think it's a typo - this is some sort of front that the Bittrolff's (in a biz profile, with the information surely provided by the owner/s, employees are listed as 2) are using for something. And, since they list annual revenues as 100k, I'd guess that they're using their little non-profit for the purposes of laundering money. We don't know what, if any, biz Mrs. Bittrolff was or is engaged in, but we do know that general contracting people (like JB himself) will often do work off the books for various reasons. So, point is, Mr. and Mrs. JB live in a nice house (Zillow puts propety taxes at over a thousand a month), they have teenagers...they have bills. They might be justifying the income they need to support their lifestyle to the IRS as contributions to VMOA. And, since JB's constructions efforts haven't left much of a footprint on the net, it will also be interesting to see if there were other sources of income carrying the load.

From what I've been able to deduce, she managed Coastal Construction until they dissolved it (around 2006 IIRC). After that, she worked in the Accounting dept at a private company, as per her LinkedIn profile.

ETA: I mentioned this before, and it still seems plausible to me. The Bittrolff and L******* families clearly know each other. It's possible that, having the experience of registering her own business, she may have helped PL and been listed as the registering agent when they filed the nonprofit, which would connect her phone number to the organization. (Could PL be her maternal aunt, maybe? A cousin?)

That's just a possible explanation because, as much as I tried, I couldn't find a way to link the Bittrolffs to VMOA aside from that one phone number. I don't believe anyone else has been able to solidly link them, either.

From what I've been able to deduce, she managed Coastal Construction until they dissolved it (around 2006 IIRC). After that, she worked in the Accounting dept at a private company, as per her LinkedIn profile.

ETA: I mentioned this before, and it still seems plausible to me. The Bittrolff and L******* families clearly know each other. It's possible that, having the experience of registering her own business, she may have helped PL and been listed as the registering agent when they filed the nonprofit, which would connect her phone number to the organization. (Could PL be her maternal aunt, maybe? A cousin?)

That's just a possible explanation because, as much as I tried, I couldn't find a way to link the Bittrolffs to VMOA aside from that one phone number. I don't believe anyone else has been able to solidly link them, either.

Does anyone know what church the Bittrolff's are a part of? The Brookfield Presbysterian is at Wading River & South St, two blocks from silas carter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back