GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No updates in today's local media. I believe that LE is waiting for results from forensic testing as they assemble their case.

No updates in today's local media. I believe that LE is waiting for results from forensic testing as they assemble their case.

I think so too. I don't think they would be this quiet if they didn't think they had their guy

crossing fingers and toes that the search leads to important evidence in obtaining a conviction for the murder of this beautiful girl. Hits so close to home. I have my own soon to be 14 year old animal lover. I cannot even conceive of how I could go on if someone brutally murdered her.

One thing is certain: No one will be able to fault Armada PD, Michigan State Police, and/or the FBI for not doing everything possible in their efforts to solve this case, nail the perp/s, and make sure that he/they never kill again. :moo:

Yes, tremendous respect and admiration for the way this case has been handled thus far. They have been diligent, close lipped, focused and apparently successful in obtaining key leads and evidence. Big time Props to LE in this case.

I wonder what his childhood home could possibly offer the case?

Maybe JVC had a "secret hiding place" on the property and went there after his encounter with April to dispose of evidence. :moo:

trying to find the property being searched. Can't find specifics in press and too busy at work to traipse through all the deeds in the family name for where exactly this previously own property is located. If anyone gets a chance here is what I found so far. Haven't yet found a free site that will let me look these parcels up by number to see their location.

http://deeds.macombgov.org/Default....lang=en&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&ud=1&exclude_apps=1

I am thinking it might be the property where a deed was recorded in 1998 but cannot tell without seeing where that parcel is located

Just wondering... Maybe JVC was aware of ongoing construction at the site and thought that it was a good location for evidence disposal.

Per Justice for April FB page: "32 mile between Omo and Place...green house barn"

From your link:

7 Action News has learned authorities are taking a closer look at the property where James VanCallis Jr. grew up, as they continue investigating the April Millsap murder...

The farm is on 32 Mile road, just outside the village of Armada. The property owner tells 7 Action News, he got a call from police this morning, asking permission to search the property, either today or in the coming days. Officers reportedly wanted to know if they would need a search warrant, or if the property owner would comply. He says he did.

just a side note....omo road is the border between armada and richmond twp.

"Sources also told 7 Action News, it appeared a sexual assault was about to take place, before the suspect was spooked and fled."
From http://www.wxyz.com/news/state/poli...t-james-vancallis-jr-in-millsap-investigation

Ummmmmm....IF this statement is true....then that would mean she was already deceased prior to attempted sexual assault am I right?? So confused right now as to possible sequence of events. If he was "spooked" during attempted sexual assault and took off, then the murder would have already taken place, no?

Also, per April's family member on the FB page...just to clear up a few things that have been reported and speculated on:
(1) April's mother was not told any detailed specifics about body position or the possibility of sexual assault. She was given a black and white head shot of April for identification purposes. So when Channel 4 reported this "leak", April's family member contacted April's Mother with what was reported. She (Jennifer Millsap) had no prior knowledge of this information.
(2) April's phone was found at Omo Lake. Omo Lake is near the trail where April was found, and both places are in proximity to the farm that is being searched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann