IN IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me a bit of the Baby Daphne case (Oakland, CA). Sadly, I believe her father eventually killed himself and she has yet to be found.

I don't have high hopes for the outcome of this case. :(. How heartbreaking for Delano's mother. I am sure she felt her sweet baby would be safe with his own father while she returned to work.

DELANO WILSON, Age Now: 1 Month(s), Missing: 08/27/2014. Missing From INDIANAPOLIS, IN. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (Indiana) 1-317-327-3811.

More...

They just aired the interview on wthr again and I didn't catch the whole thing, but she used the word just tell the truth...

The local media sites' comments sections are primarily skepticism of the dad's story- for the same reasons we are discussing here.

This reminds me a bit of the Baby Daphne case (Oakland, CA). Sadly, I believe her father eventually killed himself and she has yet to be found.

I don't have high hopes for the outcome of this case. :(. How heartbreaking for Delano's mother. I am sure she felt her sweet baby would be safe with his own father while she returned to work.

This is what I'm reminded of as well. It's breaking my heart :(

They just aired the interview on wthr again and I didn't catch the whole thing, but she used the word just tell the truth...

She also said, "I just want to see him healthy again".

I guess it's possible he owed a drug debt or there was some other retaliation going on that they thought abducting his son would remedy but I highly doubt the police would arrest him for possession of mj while his son is still missing. :fence:

Had this same discussion at work today.. that they took the baby for unpaid debt as a hostage type thing to get their money.

Either tried to sell/trade the baby for 'something' and didn't get what he bargained for (hence the robbery call), or it wouldn't stop crying and needed to 'shut up', and everything else is an unclever ruse. JMO.

She also said, "I just want to see him healthy again".

And "He meant the world to me and his dad."

I wish when I cry I didn't cry tears. It would save a lot of mascara....MOO

I was interested to see if there were signs of struggle on his face. I know there's a mug or dmv shot published, but I'm not sure if that was from yesterday. Unless there's an injury on the back of his head, his story is stinking more and more. :-/
I just saw the Dad speaking to Fox59, I didnt see any injuries to his face...
They also interviewed neighbors and one woman stated that there have been several different stories re: the disappearance of he infant.

I am looking to see if I can find a video.

Could the "cover" in question refer to some sort of baby wearing device?

I wonder if they arrested the dad for leverage to check out his story. Rather than being a suspect, maybe they wanted to make sure that he wasn't leaving out information due to fear. Maybe they just wanted to question the parents separately and took advantage of the outstanding warrant.

While I understand the drug debt line of thinking, he was arrested on pot charges, not crack or heroin. I don't think you end up in the same kind of debt over marijuana. At least, it's much more difficult because there's not the same sort of massive physical illness associated with withdrawal. Also, at the risk of sounding glib, it's pot. It's legal in 2 states now recreationally. Plenty of good upstanding parents use marijuana as an alternative to alcohol, pain meds or psych meds.

(Yeah, I know. I'm a Pollyanna. I always look for the good in people. I've been called the most optimistic jaded person people have ever met. But for me, the jury is definitely still out.)

This is not going to end well.

"Approximately 12 o'clock, IMPD was dispatched to the intersection of South Harding and Henry Street on a person robbed. When officers got there, the male victim indicated to us that he was walking down the street when a white male and Hispanic female approached him, robbed him and pistol-whipped him," said IMPD Sgt. Kendale Adams.

With that amount of detail regarding the appearance of the kidnappers, it seems unlikely that he was so confused after the assault that he forgot to mention his baby was kidnapped when he called to report a robbery.

(if it was him calling 911 and not a bystander?)

Fox59 just update the story with info about the blood hounds.
http://fox59.com/2014/08/28/bloodhounds-and-search-crews-continue-to-look-for-baby-boy-at-center-of-amber-alert/

A neighbor told FOX59 News she saw such a car drive away slowly from the alley.

“Well we seen the blue Taurus come out of the alley and I seen the guy at first we thought was the suspect but it end up being the actual father of the child come stumbling out of the alley and then he collapsed.

“I couldn’t tell what was going on and they wasn’t speeding away. That’s why I wasn’t paying much attention and like I said we seen the dad come out of the alley and then he collapsed and sat up and within five minutes the officers began showing up.” “There’s just been five or six different stories that’s been told so nothing’s making sense,” said another neighbor Jackie Huffman. “Something’s fishy.”

Bloodhounds searched the immediate area near the child’s home and the banks of the White River for evidence as search crews have launched boats into the water.

“He said ‘I don’t care.’ That’s when he hit me knocked me down. I got the baby in my arms. That’s when I knew they were gonna do more because she didn’t do nothing because the man is constantly yelling at me telling me to empty my pockets, grabbing at my pants. All I could do is give him what I had. I didn’t wanna harm the baby.”

911 audio is on there now. and he did say he was robbed and they took his son.

(if it was him calling 911 and not a bystander?)

That's what I was wondering. From watch the fox footage, he said the baby was in a cover. I took that to mean that the baby was covered with something, so a witness, especially one far away, may have seen him get hit and seen the couple take something from him but not realized it was Delano.

That's what I was wondering. From watch the fox footage, he said the baby was in a cover. I took that to mean that the baby was covered with something, so a witness, especially one far away, may have seen him get hit and seen the couple take something from him but not realized it was Delano.

They have the 911 audio now: [url]http://fox59.com/2014/08/28/bloodhounds-and-search-crews-continue-to-look-for-baby-boy-at-center-of-amber-alert/
[/URL]

After listening to the audio, I don't think dad had anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace