GUILTY PA - Christina Regusters for kidnap, rape of 5yo girl, Philadelphia, 14 Jan 2013 - #4

There is not a prison in PA where she will not run into the Ummah (Muslim community). We won't need to worry about being victimized as a society but she will be looking over her shoulder and sleeping with one eye open until the day she dies.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...eek-Child-Abduction-Rape-Trial-274607861.html

Christina Regusters, who is accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting the child, who was 5 at the time, stood before Judge Jeffrey Minehart this morning and declined to take the stand on day 12 of her criminal trial.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20140911_Defense__Regusters_was_rescuer__not_abductor.html

The attorney for alleged kidnapper Christina Regusters all but conceded she was involved in last year's abduction of a 5-year-old girl from her West Philadelphia school but argued to the jury she rescued the girl from the actual abductor.

W. Fred Harrison Jr.'s closing argument to the Common Pleas Court jury Wednesday was the only way to reconcile the most incriminating piece of evidence against Regusters - her DNA on a black T-shirt the victim wore when she was found.

I really don't get her attorney's strategy. I understand it was necessary to concede to her involvement because there was absolutely no way to explain CR's DNA on the tee-shirt which N was found in, the one she was put in by her "savior" "china".

But to continue to attempt to put forth a fairy tale that she actually rescued the child from her abuser is absurd. If there was a different abuser, he would have been named and CR would have given both him and the alleged mystery female abductor up long ago.

The defense cannot both admit involvement and yet claim some mystery abductor took N and some mystery male abuser harmed N and CR simply rescued her afterwards. That narrative simply does not make any sense whatsoever.

This woman is going away for a very long time and for that I am thankful.

I wasn't expecting that argument at all. Exactly what part did she assist with? Are they admitting that she was in the Muslim robes?

I'm really hoping the victim will recover and have a happy life.

I have no idea what the claimed participation is. It seems to change from sentence to sentence. Much was made about how could this have gone on in that house without the other occupants, particularly the aunt CR was "staying with" hearing or knowing.

and yet

Somehow CR allegedly rescued N from her predicament. Is the suggestion that N was never in the house? If so where then did this "heroic" young woman find N and from where was she rescued? How did CR know rescuing was needed? Batsignal?? Seriously?

Then they seem to admit involvement in the actual abduction and yet much is then made of how tiny little CR could not have been the woman who in Muslim garb who removed N from school because how on earth did she carry her in a duffle bag.

The whole defense narrative makes zero sense. If she was not party to the abduction but simply rescued N, how did she know N needed rescuing if the claim that no evidence shows N was in that home proves she wasn't as the defense would have us all believe??? So is the premise that N was never in the home and poor sick under the weather CR was with her concerned auntie checking on her? How then did CR come to put on her superhero cape, leave the home unnoticed, locate N at some undisclosed location, that btw also happened to have an annoying chatty bird through some psychic means, and then return to her aunt's home undetected?

As to his comment from the mouths of babes about how little N says "china" did not hurt her the man did and "china" set her free. N was five years old, naked, scared, kidnapped, blindfolded and sexually tortured. In that situation that child was ready to believe whatever she was told and do whatever she was told in order to make the nightmare end. Period. Also, considering this 5 year old child probably had zero concept of sex let alone rape all it would take was a sick female adult to create a male presence by changing her voice and attitude for little terrified blindfolded N to believe it. Especially after her abductor cautioned her not to anger the "man".

I have to have faith the jury will see through this ridiculous defense to the truth of the matter.

I have no idea what the claimed participation is. It seems to change from sentence to sentence. Much was made about how could this have gone on in that house without the other occupants, particularly the aunt CR was "staying with" hearing or knowing.

and yet

Somehow CR allegedly rescued N from her predicament. Is the suggestion that N was never in the house? If so where then did this "heroic" young woman find N and from where was she rescued? How did CR know rescuing was needed? Batsignal?? Seriously?

Then they seem to admit involvement in the actual abduction and yet much is then made of how tiny little CR could not have been the woman who in Muslim garb who removed N from school because how on earth did she carry her in a duffle bag.

The whole defense narrative makes zero sense. If she was not party to the abduction but simply rescued N, how did she know N needed rescuing if the claim that no evidence shows N was in that home proves she wasn't as the defense would have us all believe??? So is the premise that N was never in the home and poor sick under the weather CR was with her concerned auntie checking on her? How then did CR come to put on her superhero cape, leave the home unnoticed, locate N at some undisclosed location, that btw also happened to have an annoying chatty bird through some psychic means, and then return to her aunt's home undetected?

As to his comment from the mouths of babes about how little N says "china" did not hurt her the man did and "china" set her free. N was five years old, naked, scared, kidnapped, blindfolded and sexually tortured. In that situation that child was ready to believe whatever she was told and do whatever she was told in order to make the nightmare end. Period. Also, considering this 5 year old child probably had zero concept of sex let alone rape all it would take was a sick female adult to create a male presence by changing her voice and attitude for little terrified blindfolded N to believe it. Especially after her abductor cautioned her not to anger the "man".

I have to have faith the jury will see through this ridiculous defense to the truth of the matter.
I truly hope the jury will convict CR. It's very sad she apparently didn't receive adequate counseling after she was victimized, but now that she has committed atrocities against the precious child in this case she deserves to go to prison for a very long time.

CR appears to be a sadistic psychopath, perhaps the most frightening type of criminal. I have no doubt she would offend again if given the opportunity.

IMO, JMO

Agreed, the defense story is so convoluted that they actually admit that CR is guilty.
Any innocent person that stumbled across a child in that condition would be concerned with much more than giving her a bath.

It's not often that we hear of cases where the defendant is this sick and demented. I predict no more than 3 hours of deliberations.

It has also occurred to me that the only reason the victim was not killed is that CR simply couldn't find a way to do it and dispose of the body without leaving a trail of evidence. What do you guys think? Are you surprised that this isn't a murder case? She's a devil.

It has also occurred to me that the only reason the victim was not killed is that CR simply couldn't find a way to do it and dispose of the body without leaving a trail of evidence. What do you guys think? Are you surprised that this isn't a murder case? She's a devil.
I am surprised. ..and very glad she didn't kill the little girl. CR probably thought she had concocted a plan so brilliant no one would suspect her, so there was no need to kill her. It certainly wasn't out of any concern for her victim. IMO, JMO

What? The jury started deliberations at 11am EST. Here it's now 2 30 and no verdict? I'm starting to wonder. ..

Thank goodness she didn't kill this child
This is a bit like the Melissa Huckabee case.

It's 4 30 and I'm starting to worry.

Does anyone know if the sentence for these crimes is automatic or will there be a sentencing phase?

I am surprised. ..and very glad she didn't kill the little girl. CR probably thought she had concocted a plan so brilliant no one would suspect her, so there was no need to kill her. It certainly wasn't out of any concern for her victim. IMO, JMO

I think she felt pretty confident that her construct of being the hero - China and the bad man actually abusing her and some unrecognizable Muslim garbed woman being her original abductor made her feel safe in letting N go. Besides, a dead victim does not suffer. Only a survivor of such heinous assault does. I think a big part of her motivation was to inflict long term suffering on that pretty little princess.

This is one seriously sick young woman and I think part of her thrill was in knowing that child's suffering will endure. Just as her own did. :(

I think she felt pretty confident that her construct of being the hero - China and the bad man actually abusing her and some unrecognizable Muslim garbed woman being her original abductor made her feel safe in letting N go. Besides, a dead victim does not suffer. Only a survivor of such heinous assault does. I think a big part of her motivation was to inflict long term suffering on that pretty little princess.

This is one seriously sick young woman and I think part of her thrill was in knowing that child's suffering will endure. Just as her own did. :(
I didn't think of that, tlcya. Making the little one suffer for the rest of her life does sound like something a sexual sadist would want to happen.

I hope the little girl will somehow be able to thrive and have a great life in spite of CR's malevolent intentions and horrific actions. IMO, JMO

The jury has gone home for the day. ..I honestly don't know what to think.

I think they didn't get the case until right before lunch, they had lunch, and then they spent probably 3-4 hours deliberating and we'll know tomorrow. That's my guess and hope!

yes, this is a super serious case with super serious consequences and an attractive young female perp. I am not worried yet. I think the jury instruction was probably very complex and took quite a while explaining, then as Minette said, lunch. I think the jury will take their jobs very seriously and do right by N but may taking their time making sure they are seriously considering all the evidence before reaching their verdict. Simply because the crime IS so shocking and not one you typically expect from a young female.

I didn't think of that, tlcya. Making the little one suffer for the rest of her life does sound like something a sexual sadist would want to happen.

I hope the little girl will somehow be able to thrive and have a great life in spite of CR's malevolent intentions and horrific actions. IMO, JMO

Her comment to the cop interviewing her before she was arrested is chilling. When told of what the child suffered her comment was something like "she'll get over it. She's tough." Coupled with the photo of the hand print project N and her brother made at the after school daycare with her that she had displayed on her FB page. The one that referenced N and brother as her babies. That stuck with me. I think she in some twisted way thought she loved that child. And yet she did this to her, just as it was done to her by someone who "loved" her. She survived and considers her own self "tough" and is projecting herself onto N as she tortures her and taking the role of her own father at the same time.

Sick sick woman. Will never be safe around children IMO. Ever. I can only hope the jury sees her for what she is now and not who she was whe she was N.

She's like Latasha Pulliam. A sexual sadist. She enjoed the attack from the standpoint of the victim. It's like she switches places with the victim in her mind. I say this because she fed the victim her favorite meal of steak and rice. She fantasized that she was the innocent and helpless one. That's how she gets her sick thrills. Her only concern from day one was evading the police although I think there was an element of projection in the bathing as well. She probably felt that cleaning the victim was a way of washing off more than just physical evidence.
I don't see any redemption for her down the line because she is clearly in deep denial about what she's done. She will go to the grave believing that this whole thing was no big deal. I think that's the part that just pisses me off. There's nothing that we as a civilized society can do to truly make her feel the impact of this crime. I was willing all manner of hateful stuff on her until I realized that I was letting her sickness infect me. I hope the jury comes back with a verdict tomorrow morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stupot77
Back