Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is a 'fact' that 'the' green truck belongs to the accused, but rather, that the accused owns 'a' green truck and that a green truck was seen in the area during the time of the murders.

Perhaps if someone could provide a link proving the truck in the video, is the truck owned by the accused, that might help.

If anyone is interested the following link includes testimony from an expert witness in regards to chemicals used in regards to a certain type of meth and other drugs. Scroll down to section 217.

[217] H. was qualified to give expert opinion evidence in regards to all aspects of the production of Ecstasy and Methamphetamine.

http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/...2008/02/04/r-v-chang-et-al-2008-bcpc-38.shtml

I think this might answer our question if DG was involved in something illegal. Maybe not directly but selling the ingredients to other 'cooks'. How many of us would understand what the P2 (P2P) meant prior to this? But if we were 'cooks' it might be just what we would search in www. Wasn't the blue meth the purest.:facepalm:

I just started watching Breaking Bad and the purest is big clear crystals. That is the only way I have seen it...

ETA... I am currently on Season 3 episode 6 and they now have a clean and clear blue crystal, apparently they couldn't source an ingredient to keep it clear so substitued with something else and now its blue... But apparently it is still the same quality. I can't believe I am referencing this show.

I think I should start back at yoga and my zen life again...

Perhaps if someone could provide a link proving the truck in the video, is the truck owned by the accused, that might help.

Every morning on my way to work, I pull over to a spot and watch the sunrise, some horses and have a smoke and a coffee. Like clockwork I see the same train of vehicles pass by, and one happens to be that truck. At the other end of my work travel I also see that truck. And before someone jumps in about an 89 being in good shape; it is Alberta, we have salt on our roads but it is quite dry here so rust isn't a huge concern if you want to keep your vehicle looking good, which many people do. I'm looking into a 1969 GMC truck that has been sitting in a farmers field for near 8 years and besides fading colours it is near mint condition.

IMO, LE must have determined the green truck in the video and DG's green truck are one and the same. Otherwise, wouldn't they still be looking for it?

This doesn't prove it, but here's a link to news coverage regarding the neighbour's identification of the truck. I had forgotten this, the neighbour recognized the truck "immediately" because of the missing mirror. It would be quite a coincidence to have a completely different dark green truck of that vintage that is also missing the mirror, and for that truck to be caught on security video in the vicinity of the triple murder of someone the owner of the *other* old green same vintage Ford truck with a missing mirror happens to be related to through marriage and business relationship.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=393349&binId=1.1201914&playlistPageNum=1

Does anyone know if DG's truck was searched for evidence then returned to him? I believe it is still in police custody, possibly indicating it is being held as evidence, IMO.

All this drug discussion in relation to the victims came out of the suggestion that if the accused is currently manufacturing drugs, then charges did not need to be filed, and that drug evidence could be presented during the murder trial. I disagreed, with the exception that if there is a drug connection to the victims and it is related to the murders, then it can be introduced during the murder trial. There is no information to support a drug connection to the victims, therefore drug related evidence cannot be introduced during trial, and therefore if there was evidence of illegal drug activity on the acreage, separate charges are necessary.

This led to the suggestion that perhaps there is a drug connection to the victims, but I would like to see a link before running down that rabbit hole. There are no drug related charges, so I'm going to assume that there is no evidence of illegal drug manufacturing on the property ... but of course, given that there are chemicals on the farm, there's no reason not to speculate that the chemicals are for illegal purposes.

All in all, how does hypothetical illegal drug activity on the property relate to the murders at Parkhill?

Do we even know how long DG has lived at his parents?

I don't think it's been published or confirmed. I would definitely like to know!

And I wonder if he lived there full-time, part-time, or in between travels as some people with no responsibilities do i.e. no spouse, no children, no pets (assumption) and possibly no job (assumption). When some people bounce around they use their parents house as a landing pad, but the reports make it sound like he lived there permanently...

All this drug discussion in relation to the victims came out of the suggestion that if the accused is currently manufacturing drugs, then charges did not need to be filed, and that drug evidence could be presented during the murder trial. I disagreed, with the exception that if there is a drug connection to the victims and it is related to the murders, then it can be introduced during the murder trial. There is no information to support a drug connection to the victims, therefore drug related evidence cannot be introduced during trial, and therefore if there was evidence of illegal drug activity on the acreage, separate charges are necessary.

This led to the suggestion that perhaps there is a drug connection to the victims, but I would like to see a link before running down that rabbit hole. There are no drug related charges, so I'm going to assume that there is no evidence of illegal drug manufacturing on the property ... but of course, given that there are chemicals on the farm, there's no reason not to speculate that the chemicals are for illegal purposes.

All in all, how does hypothetical illegal drug activity on the property relate to the murders at Parkhill?

In a nutshell... I speculate that DG has resources and possible storage facilities or property access that is used for his chemical import business. He may also have associates that also have locations that he could make use of in order to conceal evidence that LE is searching for. I speculate that DG knowingly imports chemicals and criminals are his customers. I think in order to do this he has been very selective and careful with how and with whom he deals with.

LoisLane, after someone (sillybilly I think?) posted that there was two more civil complaints filed by MH in 1994-1995 and 1998 in BC, did you happen to sleuth the defendants? Maybe former employers or co-workers or a landlord?

Again, pretty ballsy of DG who is a) using false identity b) is on BC or Canada's most wanted list and c) is a wanted man would play a risky, perverse game to take two people to court!

ETA - I singled out LoisLane because she had a post that mentioned the new court findings and seemed interested in it

LoisLane, after someone (sillybilly I think?) posted that there was two more civil complaints filed by MH in 1994-1995 and 1998 in BC, did you happen to sleuth the defendants? Maybe former employers or co-workers or a landlord?

Again, pretty ballsy of DG who is a) using false identity b) is on BC or Canada's most wanted list and c) is a wanted man would play a risky, perverse game to take two people to court!

ETA - I singled out LoisLane because she had a post that mentioned the new court findings and seemed interested in it

I am not sure what the relation or claims were about. The only other info was the full names of the debtors and the amounts. If you refer to post #414 in this thread you can link to one of the individuals whose current credentials refer to Hong Kong and chemicals... two things that are referenced in DG's company profiles (can't recall which co.)

If it was DG using the alias in small claims (which I think it is) he is very ballsy indeed. I bet if either of those two fellows watched the most wanted show and saw his mug they would have picked up the phone pretty fast!

IMO, LE must have determined the green truck in the video and DG's green truck are one and the same. Otherwise, wouldn't they still be looking for it?

This doesn't prove it, but here's a link to news coverage regarding the neighbour's identification of the truck. I had forgotten this, the neighbour recognized the truck "immediately" because of the missing mirror. It would be quite a coincidence to have a completely different dark green truck of that vintage that is also missing the mirror, and for that truck to be caught on security video in the vicinity of the triple murder of someone the owner of the *other* old green same vintage Ford truck with a missing mirror happens to be related to through marriage and business relationship.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=393349&binId=1.1201914&playlistPageNum=1

Does anyone know if DG's truck was searched for evidence then returned to him? I believe it is still in police custody, possibly indicating it is being held as evidence, IMO.

lol... I wasn't actually looking for a link... that was a demonstration that there is no link that says absolutely the truck in the video was his, yet some *speculate* that as fact.

It goes to the broader discussion about open forum brainstorming vs. limiting discussion to only facts presented with a link. Even with the links, it has been demonstrated time and again that quoting MSM, or presenting a limited scope of information can be misleading, and or completely incorrect.

Phosphine may also be produced during the manufacture of methamphetamine depending on the method used.5

How about this being the reason for P2 Solutions. Just because there is no action on the web page doesn't mean he doesn't have a line on personal customers. Maybe the web site is just to make the business more legit. Maybe he proudly showed his new business's web site to his parents when first created.

^^^BBM

Quite possible ...there could be any number of reasons for P2 Solutions....
I simply posted a link to the information page about the chemical Zinc Phosphide....I left it up to others to go and read it if they felt interested to do so :)
I don't have really any theory as to what P2 Solutions is/was involved in....I can hazard guesses...nothing in stone...or read what the company description states...

A post of mine further on in the thread *I'd have to go and look to see where ...but shortly after the above post of mine you quoted*...In my random searches I had found another company....with the 'P2' as part of their company name....
They are involved in the extraction of vegetable oils...
I was going out on a very shaky limb with a hypothetical ...Extraction *bells went off as this was something similar to what DG and AL had been working on with the patent from what I recall...but it was oil not veg oil*...P2 *part of DG's company name as well*....
Maybe the chemical can be used for extraction of veg oils...I have NO idea? *I'd remembered earlier where someone....can't remember who....said that Zinc Phosphide could be used for removing rust or cleaning metal...or something like that*...so my question was whether it could be used for extracting oils.....
As I'd said in that post too....I am far and away....NOT a science person.....
At no time...have I posted that he was even possibly into the meth cooking or manufacture...Has it crossed my mind...for sure....he seems to go back to doing things that get him in trouble....so who knows right? At this point...with little solid information as to 'what' he was doing out there on the back 40....we can only guess....

It's wonderful isn't it....the different slants we can all take on this.....
They can sure go off into all different directions....but that is a GOOD thing....means we have 'the bases covered' ....

I hope one....or maybe a combination of 'theories'...helps even in some small way in bringing N, A & K home.....it may not....but at least everyone has TRIED. :) JMOO

It is a fact that the green truck belongs to the accused, that it was removed from his residence on July 4, and that he has been charged with premeditated murder. It is also a fact that the Parkhill house is the first crime scene. It is a fact that the victims have not in any way been connected with drugs, the mafia, the underground, or bikers, that the accused and victims have both a business and familial relationship, and that the accused has a prior criminal history from 1992. It is not a fact that the accused is currently involved with illegal drugs.

It is true that I built a 3D virtual model of the crime scene. It resembles the crime scene and is based on photos and city map foot print. If you see any problems, please let me know so I can make it better. Those that have no interest in the crime scene should scroll on by, but my experience is that during trial, the crime scene becomes interesting in terms of where the murders occurred, how the accused entered the residence, why no one escaped, and other crime scene related points of interest.

A work in progress ... layout ... not materials/finish at this time

Front Yard

Back Yard

Layout Perspective

Layout Plan

Interior View: Dining to Front Door

Living Room to Stairwell

"It is a fact that the victims have not in any way been connected with drugs, the mafia, the underground, or bikers"

I'm sorry....how is this a fact? Unless you have some inside information that isn't being shared...we have no idea if this is true or not. The O&G industry is full of the seedier side...transiebt people, deals, connections. There's no way, without an in depth investigation of AL's business deals, connections, employees, investors, etc...that anyone can say there wasn't at the very least an indirect association, if not direct. Big business, big money, big players...very often comes with BIG troubles.

I don't think it's been published or confirmed. I would definitely like to know!

And I wonder if he lived there full-time, part-time, or in between travels as some people with no responsibilities do i.e. no spouse, no children, no pets (assumption) and possibly no job (assumption). When some people bounce around they use their parents house as a landing pad, but the reports make it sound like he lived there permanently...
Actually...I think the only person to suggest that DG lived there was the neighbor...forget his name...the ex-rodeo guy. Maybe he didn't?

I am not sure what the relation or claims were about. The only other info was the full names of the debtors and the amounts. If you refer to post #414 in this thread you can link to one of the individuals whose current credentials refer to Hong Kong and chemicals... two things that are referenced in DG's company profiles (can't recall which co.)

If it was DG using the alias in small claims (which I think it is) he is very ballsy indeed. I bet if either of those two fellows watched the most wanted show and saw his mug they would have picked up the phone pretty fast!
Was he on a "most wanted" televised show? Or was this just may be the poster shown briefly on the local news? I doubt he was on "America's Most Wanted"... Not for petty crimes. IMO

Was he on a "most wanted" televised show? Orxwas this just may be the poster shown briefly on the local news? I doubt he was on "America's Most Wanted"... Not for petty crimes. IMO

It was on the news, we had a screenshot a while back. I think someone had stated we had a "Canada's Most Wanted" style program where it was broadcasted.

"It is a fact that the victims have not in any way been connected with drugs, the mafia, the underground, or bikers"

I'm sorry....how is this a fact? Unless you have some inside information that isn't being shared...we have no idea if this is true or not. The O&G industries is full of the seedier side...people, deals, connections. There's no way, without an in depth investigation of AL's business deals, connections, employees, investors, etc...that anyone can say there wasn't at the very least an indirect association, if not direct. Big business, big money, big players...very often comes with BIG troubles.

I think the missing word there is 'publicly'... which is correct. There has been no direct connection mentioned anywhere. Anything discussed was all just speculation to determine whether it's a plausible theory, or if it's too far fetched to consider. I assume several people have searched for some sort of connection, which I also assume has turned up nothing.

Such is sleuthing. Interesting theories, just as many dead ends.

It was on the news, we had a screenshot a while back. I think someone had stated we had a "Canada's Most Wanted" style program where it was broadcasted.
Ohhhh...alright...my mistake...thank you :)

If it was DG using the alias in small claims (which I think it is) he is very ballsy indeed. It is a fact that the victims have not in any way been connected with drugs, the mafia, the underground, or bikers, I bet if either of those two fellows watched the most wanted show and saw his mug they would have picked up the phone pretty fast!
Maybe DG has used the alias so long he actually thinks that's who he is? Maybe that's why he doesn't cover his tracks well using the alias. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels