VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also odd that she just kept on walking. She didn't even seem to pause and look around. I would think if your lost, you would at least pause for one moment to figure out the direction you need to go. Plus she kept on texting and was in contact with her friends up to 1 20 am.

True but she didn't arrive at the Downtown mall until 1:00 AM.

That was in reference to someone asking if she could have approached the POI to buy her alcohol and stating why that wouldn't have worked..

There was one that I cannot find where she was clearly stumbling and not walking straight. I will post when I find it, it was one of the first videos released.
Is this the one where she is walking very bow legged, or with a wide gait? It was an odd gait... not like a cute little college girl out at night. More like a giraffe first learning to walk. I think that was the first video I saw, as well.

Please bring Hannah home!!! I'm so afraid she'll never be found, like so many that have disappeared!! I think the investigators are giving it their all and are involving the public which is what I would love to see in ALL cases!! Yes keeping some key information for a prosecution is fine, but release what you can to help solve these cases. I'm really impressed thus far!!

JMO!!!!

BTW, on Nancy Grace right now, talking with a police officer involved with the case!!

It's also odd that she just kept on walking. She didn't even seem to pause and look around. I would think if your lost your would at least pause for one moment to figure out the direction you need to go. Plus she kept on texting and in contact with her friends up to 1 20 am.
I'm not convinced she was actually lost. I would think she had been on that mall before. Wouldn't it make sense that she would have gone there at some point during her first year in the area? It's so close to where she lives, seems like a logical place for her to go shopping or out to eat.

Police officer said the witness came forward BEFORE the release of the video!!! Said he HAD called the tip line, and then came into the station as well!!! On Nancy Grace.

I'm not convinced she was actually lost. I would think she had been on that mall before. Wouldn't it make sense that she would have gone there at some point during her first year in the area? It's so close to where she lives, seems like a logical place for her to go shopping or out to eat.

It just seems like she was in a hurry. She had numerous times to ask for directions, even stop and figure things out. Not to mention even text some to come get her. I am just confused by that. I can understand being drunk, but how drunk could she be to walk in the opposite direction.

I thought sales ended at midnight for stores. Bars go later - 2:00am? But I haven't been to VA in a few years so perhaps a local can confirm.

Thats correct.Most stores stop selling at 11:45. Bars and restaurants can serve until 2am when all alcohol has to be off the table. Some bars push this as close to the wire as possible.

Maybe she was running to catch up to a car that just pulled out of the shell gas station. Maybe she was suppose to meet up with someone there and they left. Just a though

Off the table? That's harsh. Most states I've been in, you can place your last order at the bell and then you have half an hour or so to finish. Not that I've been everywhere, mind you.

Also, in the video near the pub, what did she do when she stopped at the corner of the gated courtyard? Was she sick? Or was she looking for a way in?

Also, in the video near the pub, what did she do when she stopped at the corner of the gated courtyard? Was she sick? Or was she looking for a way in?

That's where I'm thinking she was lost.. She looked like she was going to walk straight but then decided to step back and turn the other way

OH! Hi! I can post now. I'm new, and I'm a little bit nervous to jump in so go easy on me. I've been reading these forums for a long time but just registered for the first time.

A couple of theories from reading this entire thread (and the two prior ones).

People keep asking why WG would know she was distressed when he was in front of her. As someone who was once a young college girl, being followed by what looks to be a group of young men, there could have been an exchange going on there. Some cat-calling type stuff. WG could have heard what was going on, stopped, then deliberately inserted himself between the group of young men and Hannah as a safety measure.

As an older gentleman, if you put yourself in his shoes, it may have been prudent not to approach a young 18 year old alone. He may have thought- better to follow and make sure she gets where she's going than to stop her and freak her out even more.

I have no idea why he would then let her walk off with another man, unless she acted like she knew him and he assumed this is where she was walking so purposefully.

I also just want to say, as a woman... If I see a young girl looking disoriented late at night, I usually either keep an eye out for her or flat out ask her if she needs help. I did this many times even in college. It hurts my heart to see so many innocent, probably kind strangers she passes and not one seems to be concerned. Take care of each other!!!

All of this is just my opinion and as I said I'm new so go easy on me!

When she stopped at the corner of the outdoor eating area (before she walks past the side of the building) I thought maybe she stopped to text. I noticed that while she walked past the back side of the building on the diagonal sidewalk she kept putting her hand near her back pocket... I thought maybe she was feeling to see if her phone was vibrating or reaching to pull it out of her pocket.

OH! Hi! I can post now. I'm new, and I'm a little bit nervous to jump in so go easy on me. I've been reading these forums for a long time but just registered for the first time.

People keep asking why WG would know she was distressed when he was in front of her. As someone who was once a young college girl, being followed by what looks to be a group of young men, there could have been an exchange going on there. Some cat-calling type stuff. WG could have heard what was going on, stopped, then deliberately inserted himself between the group of young men and Hannah as a safety measure.

As an older gentleman, if you put yourself in his shoes, it may have been prudent not to approach a young 18 year old alone. He may have thought- better to follow and make sure she gets where she's going than to stop her and freak her out even more.

I have no idea why he would then let her walk off with another man, unless she acted like she knew him and he assumed this is where she was walking so purposefully.

I also just want to say, as a woman... If I see a young girl looking disoriented late at night, I usually either keep an eye out for her or flat out ask her if she needs help. I did this many times even in college. It hurts my heart to see so many innocent, probably kind strangers she passes and not one seems to be concerned. Take care of each other!!!

:welcome6: HFfan1! Most of us don't bite. :)

Off the table? That's harsh. Most states I've been in, you can place your last order at the bell and then you have half an hour or so to finish. Not that I've been everywhere, mind you.
NY no alcohol after 4AM...legally

Is it just me or have you noticed also about these missing girls its seems like were seeing alot of these last seconds on a video servalience camera's in the missing girls lately . I don't know what is more frustrating knowing your child was taken or seeing the last few steps on a video.. Either way I hope hanneh and any other missing women are found safe and sound...

When she stopped at the corner of the outdoor eating area (before she walks past the side of the building) I thought maybe she stopped to text. I noticed that while she walked past the back side of the building on the diagonal sidewalk she kept putting her hand near her back pocket... I thought maybe she was feeling to see if her phone was vibrating or reaching to pull it out of her pocket.
I saw that and thought the same...

That's what I have been thinking as well. Maybe he was being protective because he has a young daughter or just simply because he was worried considering her being alone and apparently drunk with a group of boys behind her. I can see my dad doing the same thing! (Although I think he would say something like are you okay or tell the guys to leave her alone)

Also- welcome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member