VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems like she was in a hurry. She had numerous times to ask for directions, even stop and figure things out. Not to mention even text some to come get her. I am just confused by that. I can understand being drunk, but how drunk could she be to walk in the opposite direction.
It does seem like she was in a hurry. And you're right about asking for directions, etc. So if she was lost, why didn't she? Even drunk, and she didn't seem THAT drunk to me, you know if you need help. I really, really want to know where she was going...

I've seen earlier mention of a composite sketch of the BG released by police. However, I can't find any images of it on-line. I've only seen written description of BG. Can anyone clarify?
And why is dread-locked BG in video in front of jewelry store not a POI? whole thing is very confusing and I personally suspect the WG. I feel like LE knows a lot they are not releasing to the public in effort to make their POI let his guard down.

It was reported they were going to release a sketch but didn't, just a description. I agree with you that they probably have more info than they are letting on. I hope!

I've got nothing really new to add, but I've been reading the posts and following the news. The things that I keep coming back to are:
1. If she was really intoxicated she could've been "lost" even if she'd been on those same streets dozens of times.
2. I, too, have thought that perhaps WG could still be a suspect and LE are trying to throw him off. Otherwise why hasn't his name been released? Who is he?
3. I think LE knows more than they are saying, regardless of who is a suspect/who has been ruled out
4. I may have missed it, but I'm very curious to know what HG would have encountered ahead had she stayed in that general course. More stores?

I just don't think her outfit is strange... crop tops are super trendy right now for college girls.

Also, the other photos we have seen of her appear to be during the day time. I haven't seen any other pictures of her from a bar or at parties, so I don't think we necessarily know how she usually dresses for a night out drinking.

Most of her body is covered. It's just some of her stomach that is showing. I don't think this was for a themed party, as I think this outfit is what she wore to dinner and drinks with friends earlier as well and it just seems like a normal night out 2014 college-girl outfit to me.

Agreed. I was a fairly conservative dresser in college because you don't wear short skirts or heels to class or to sit around a dorm. "Going out" clothes are a little more crazy and her outfit is tame compared to most...

Most of the bars I've been to in VA they'll call last call at about 1:30 and start taking drinks out of your hands before it even hits 2 telling you to get the hell out..

I'm from NC. I dated a guy from UVA. Every time at last call in VA (1:30) I'd say "Whyyyy aren't we in NC?!" We always had to be out by 2 there. In NC last call is 1:45 no drinks after 2. Out by 3.

Off the table? That's harsh. Most states I've been in, you can place your last order at the bell and then you have half an hour or so to finish. Not that I've been everywhere, mind you.
That's why most bars in Va (every bar I've been to) does last call somewhere between 1:30 and 1:45. All alcohol off the table by 2:00.

I don't think WG is a cop or mall security. He might however be one of those middle aged rent-a-cop/volunteer firefighter type guys that like to keep an eye on things.

OH! Hi! I can post now. I'm new, and I'm a little bit nervous to jump in so go easy on me. I've been reading these forums for a long time but just registered for the first time.

A couple of theories from reading this entire thread (and the two prior ones).

People keep asking why WG would know she was distressed when he was in front of her. As someone who was once a young college girl, being followed by what looks to be a group of young men, there could have been an exchange going on there. Some cat-calling type stuff. WG could have heard what was going on, stopped, then deliberately inserted himself between the group of young men and Hannah as a safety measure.

As an older gentleman, if you put yourself in his shoes, it may have been prudent not to approach a young 18 year old alone. He may have thought- better to follow and make sure she gets where she's going than to stop her and freak her out even more.

I have no idea why he would then let her walk off with another man, unless she acted like she knew him and he assumed this is where she was walking so purposefully.

I also just want to say, as a woman... If I see a young girl looking disoriented late at night, I usually either keep an eye out for her or flat out ask her if she needs help. I did this many times even in college. It hurts my heart to see so many innocent, probably kind strangers she passes and not one seems to be concerned. Take care of each other!!!

All of this is just my opinion and as I said I'm new so go easy on me!
Welcome!!!! Awesome first post!

Good point. I think her outfit was very cute - wasn't trying to say it was strange in any way it just seemed really different from other clothing I had seen her wear in photos and I know from experience there are a lot of fun parties at UVA where dressing up is involved.

I've got nothing really new to add, but I've been reading the posts and following the news. The things that I keep coming back to are:
1. If she was really intoxicated she could've been "lost" even if she'd been on those same streets dozens of times.
2. I, too, have thought that perhaps WG could still be a suspect and LE are trying to throw him off. Otherwise why hasn't his name been released? Who is he?
3. I think LE knows more than they are saying, regardless of who is a suspect/who has been ruled out
4. I may have missed it, but I'm very curious to know what HG would have encountered ahead had she stayed in that general course. More stores?

Map of the area with a projected possible path marked: https://goo.gl/maps/43miO

It's about three blocks of stores, and a concert venue. After that it crosses a major highway and continues through what looks like an area of light commercial and industrial.

I've seen earlier mention of a composite sketch of the BG released by police. However, I can't find any images of it on-line. I've only seen written description of BG. Can anyone clarify?
And why is dread-locked BG in video in front of jewelry store not a POI? whole thing is very confusing and I personally suspect the WG. I feel like LE knows a lot they are not releasing to the public in effort to make their POI let his guard down.

Sketch is the suspect in the Morgan Harrington case, which many believe may be tied to this one.

Dreadlocks has been cleared - the POI has a shaved head.

I agree with this guy. Hannah Graham wasn't just a drunk college girl looking for friends. She was a girl who was in big, big trouble............and the wrong guy stepped forward to "help" her.

http://youtu.be/E6TiYGT0mXE

I think LE has to have a fair amount of faith in the man's description and truthfulness, to issue it. I hope they would not have people looking for a black man if they know there is no such person. Jmo

Is the person Hannah's walking next to in the jewelry store video "BG"? And is "BG" the same person police released a description of (based on "WG"s description)? And is "WG" the person seen following her in the mall AND jewelry store videos? Just for the sake of clarity!

I think a lot of figured BG in the video (with dreads) was the PIO but he doesn't match the suspect description...errrrrr...person of interest description.... IMO the description matches Morgan Harrington's suspected killer to a T... :(

I wish things were more definitive as I've seen some reports that the BG with dreads was interviewed but other places say he wasn't... There were a lot of people out there so I'm wondering how many have come forward. We usually start seeing interviews pop on the big shows (i.e. Nancy Grace and all of them) of people who want to get their 2 seconds of fame as saying they saw her etc...but nothing like that has happened so far???

and if she was in trouble why not scream? (NOT victim blaming at all..just curious if it's because she didn't feel or think she was threatened??

One thing that strikes me about the timeline is that she parted with her friends at 11:50 and then she goes a distance of about 1.5 miles in about an hour and a half. Even though in the videos we see of her, she is moving quite quickly. That doesn't strike me as the pace of a woman on a mission who knows where she is going. She is 5'll, in good cardiovascular shape (her twitter feed mentions 5 mile runs) and ought to be able to cover that distance in no more than 20-30 minutes. So why did such a short distance take so long? Was she wandering around in circles, like we see her doing at McGrady's? Doubling back on her route without realizing it? Did she stop somewhere? The videos give me the impression that she was continually in motion.

It's just a punch in the gut, after all the videos were released, to realize that the "person of interest" is someone NOT on video at all.

I think LE has to have a fair amount of faith in the man's description and truthfulness, to issue it. I hope they would not have people looking for a black man if they know there is no such person. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona