VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this POI could have had an attorney assist him to the police station to tell what he knows 5 or 6 days ago?

people get scared. i would be scared too if i was the last person seen with hannah. we can all judge and say that we would do this and we would do that, but if i were a black dude... i don't know. i certain wouldn't trust LE to carry out justice.

Alright I guess I totally misread Longo at the pressie, but I came away with a distinct impression of he thinks of JL and his involvement in this case. I could be wrong, but that was my own impression.

It's not just you. I just got caught up and just watched the pressor not long ago. I got the impression at the beginning that Longo was frustrated they have nothing to be able to arrest the POI for, or at least frustrated that the 'top men above' don't think they have enough. It felt like he was pleading with the public to come forward with anything they saw/know, so they have cause to issue an arrest warrant.

I could be way off too but that is how it came across to me.

I haven't got a theory or an opinion on anything else yet, my heads still spinning, this is crazy, took me all day to catch up and then when I think I have there's a dozen more pages to read.

And I think this is our whole point. No body = no proof of a crime even being committed.

You keep saying a crime has taken place, and some of us are saying that we don't have those facts yet.

This! I have no doubt that this JM knows something or at least more than he is telling. What I question is the crime part. Hannah could have died of alcohol poisoning and JM covered that up instead of calling 911, kwim? We just don't know.

That being said there is a very large flashing red bull horn going off in my head about Hannah, MH and AM possibly all being tied together here.

BUT we wait and see. :sigh:

One more thing. . .LE is several steps ahead of us here. . .several! What day did the search the Farm for Hannah? I think the only reason they even released the mall videos is because they were frustrated that witnesses weren't coming forward. They need a witness to tell them they saw Hannah getting in JM's car. I don't think they have that yet.

PRECISELY! Let's say she did leave on her own after the drink at the bar with dredlocks.... and then stumbles her way down and falls into the river to drown?

Was the river close enough to where she was that here phone would have gone dead when they say it did if she fell in the river?

He doesn't have to talk. It's his constitutional right... and if he is guilty of a lesser crime like contributing to the delinquency of a minor or disposing of a body....it might be in his best interest to not talk. Just sayin' They would need to a) find the body, b) prove she was killed vs whatever

I'd say it's in his best interest to not have a murder charge against him! But that's just me. And if I'm sitting on a jury deciding the fate of someone who did not necessarily kill, but knew where the body was and didn't help the family, well .........

It's not just you. I just got caught up and just watched the pressor not long ago. I got the impression at the beginning that Longo was frustrated they have nothing to be able to arrest the POI for, or at least frustrated that the 'top men above' don't think they have enough. It felt like he was pleading with the public to come forward with anything they saw/know, so they have cause to issue an arrest warrant.

I could be way off too but that is how it came across to me.

I haven't got a theory or an opinion on anything else yet, my heads still spinning, this is crazy, took me all day to catch up and then when I think I have there's a dozen more pages to read.

That is what it seemed like to me too. I watch enough of the First 48 to know that sometimes the cops know they have their guy, but they just do not have the evidence they need to arrest him or charge him with a crime. I dunno, that is what the pressie seemed like to me. I saw two cops who looked like they had their guy, but were frustrated that they did not have all the evidence they needed.

The cab is relevant because Morgan would have willingly gotten into a cab. He has lived in Charlottesville his entire life. Perhaps familiar with that land where she was found.

But, respectfully, this thread is about Hannah. I do realise that many of you are following both.
It's already pretty confusing here.

This! I have no doubt that this JM knows something or at least more than he is telling. What I question is the crime part. Hannah could have died of alcohol poisoning and JM covered that up instead of calling 911, kwim? We just don't know.

That being said there is a very large flashing red bull horn going off in my head about Hannah, MH and AM possibly all being tied together here.

BUT we wait and see. :sigh:

One more thing. . .LE is several steps ahead of us here. . .several! What day did the search the Farm for Hannah? I think the only reason they even released the mall videos is because they were frustrated that witnesses weren't coming forward. They need a witness to tell them they saw Hannah getting in JM's car. I don't think they have that yet.

And that would be a crime.

I keep saying that based upon the evidence, it is more likely than not that a crime has taken place.

Ok. And what evidence would that be?

She went drinking.
She walked up a street.
A man met her.
They went to a bar together.

According to LE, our story stops there.

But, respectfully, this thread is about Hannah. I do realise that many of you are following both.
It's already pretty confusing here.

Yeah I am a bit confused about this Morgan thing too. It was not one of the cases I followed. Maybe there should be a thread for Morgan/HG similarities or something

I suppose to me, talking about evidence and something being more likely that not is the opposite of talking in terms of absolutes. I do not understand the purpose of this board, if, in cases such as these, people just constantly say there is no proof that a crime has been committed.

Yes, there is never going to be "proof" at this stage of the case. That is a given. There is not even a body yet. Of course there is not "proof". I simply do not understand why some people feel the need to shut down the discussion here by saying that. I mean, obviously we are not at the "absolute, concrete proof" stage. We are still at the "more likely than not based on the evidence" stage.

A girl missing under HG's circumstances is not proof of a crime, but it is more likely based on the evidence strongly indicative of a crime.

In case you forgot, you can go all the way back to the prior thread. I was the first person who said there was no evidence of a crime yet. It was said in response to a discussion of getting a warrant for the POI's DNA. As far as I can tell, this whole blown out of proportion discussion you seem to be driving is based on that, and that alone. So I think it might be time to reassess and change the topic.

She went drinking.
She walked up a street.
A man met her.

And that she has been missing for a week. That is the BIG evidence that a crime occurred. Again, not proof, but evidence.

That is what it seemed like to me too. I watch enough of the First 48 to know that sometimes the cops know they have their guy, but they just do not have the evidence they need to arrest him or charge him with a crime. I dunno, that is what the pressie seemed like to me. I saw two cops who looked like they had their guy, but were frustrated that they did not have all the evidence they needed.

Does poi have a cell phone? Can they ping it for that night? What time did he arrive home do we know? Le is surely working on all that info I'm sure.

She went drinking.
She walked up a street.
A man met her.

Very true. Which is why I was flabbergasted with all the finger pointing they did on the press conf.

In following this case I thought the chief said in one of his interviews the WG was a cooperative POI. This would mean they have TWO POI.

In following this case I thought the chief said in one of his interviews the WG was a cooperative POI. This would mean they have TWO POI.

no, he's a cooperative WITNESS. there is only one POI, this dreads dude.

And that she has been missing for a week. That is the BIG evidence that a crime occurred. Again, not proof, but evidence.

How do you know she didn't then attempt to return home, decided to sleep in some woods, and die of hypothermia? Maybe she committed suicide later that night.

You keep saying it's evidence, I am saying it's not.

Evidence would be her body and then the manner of death. The manner of death is the evidence used to determine whether a crime has been committed.

Was the river close enough to where she was that here phone would have gone dead when they say it did if she fell in the river?

No, I see where you are heading. If the last text was at 1:20 and the phone is dead at 1:30 (?), then not enough time.. the river is a good mile more down the road.

Perhaps this POI could have had an attorney assist him to the police station to tell what he knows 5 or 6 days ago?

And that would be a very good idea, yes. As long as the attorney let him talk, kwim? ;)

Very true. Which is why I was flabbergasted with all the finger pointing they did on the press conf.

LE may have a little more than just what we know. I do not think the guys in charge of this are being dumb or vindictive or just irresponsibly picking on an innocent man. They seem competent to me and that they know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009