VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
No suspects or witness descriptions. That was the same "night" but hours later. The videos of Hannah downtown are from the early AM on Saturday, but the attacks happened Sunday AM. I am not saying you were doing this, but others have implied that these attacks occurred at similar times. This is not the case.

I actually did think they happened around the same time - thanks for the correction!

Look, it is clear we have a lot of new members here...maybe you read the terms/rules. We can't address posters, just the post. Or tell others how or what to post. If you think a post violates the terms, you can alert on it, by hitting the little triangle in the bottom left corner. We don't want a busy thread being closed down due to attacking one another etc...

Jmo

Just joined the forum and I'm out now. Took 5 minutes for both of my personal (and I believe thoughtful) contributions to be shot down and snarked at by "ICantRead". Read the concept of this forum- "wild speculation"? Really? That's what it is to express a possible theory? Maybe you shouldn't be part of this forum if you accept no contributions other than police reports. Purpose of this forum is to share thoughts, theories, ideas, etc. to help aid finding Hannah.

Also, my "personal anecdote" about what I did in college is relevant in adding value to potential theories about what she was doing on the Downtown Mall. I was sharing that 18 yr old 2nd year students at UVa do not go there to party.

You are out of line and I think a troll.

Hope Hannah is found. Thoughts and prayers for that....

Your contributions were helpful, thoughtful and relevant! Welcome and please stick around and keep posting!

I understand that this thread is flying and hard to keep up with, but my two cents is that I would rather be more inclusive of info/posts/personal experience/potential links, etc than exclusive. Hannah is missing and I know for me, I'm too far away to physically search, so sleuthing is my only potential contribution.

As others have noted, this hits home as so many of us could have been "Hannah" on many a night in our past. And as a parent, my heart breaks for them and I want every possible resource to help finding her and bringing her home to them.

Personal stories are helpful if the known facts of a case at hand are closely related to the personal story facts. I appreciate that insight, as well. Trouble is that lots of personal stories have no resemblance to the case at hand. We are all reminded of our youth and behavior when we hear about these horrific outcomes. But this is NOW and a lot of circumstances and college trends are different. A case like this rattles all of our memories and fears and biases. What Hannah was wearing really has no thing to do with what happened to her, unless she suffered hypothermia! Speculating is what we do, but let's base it on the facts that we know. JMO

I think they can take anything that has been tossed away as garbage, i.e his trash can or wastebasket. Not sure if they can test it, though I have seen it done on Cold Cases and other true crime shows. If they do, I am not sure they can use it without more evidence.

Are there any suspects in custody for the attacks that happened near 14th and Wertland that night?

Yes- this really, really bothers me... it is exactly the interesection she said she was lost at...and the reported sexual assault was early morning too

It seems to me if JM, the POI Is the person responsible for Hannah's disappearance I doubt he deliberately harmed her. As if he was a serial abductor, and responsible for MH death I find it unlikely he would take his next victim from an area where he is a known entity and there are lots of cameras.

I bet Icantread can tell us? Seems to be a good sleuther. No sarcasm intended honestly. imo.

As I linked earlier, the nursing school students can take nursing classes at UVA Medical Center as a second year student. Here is a description of the classes (http://www.nursing.virginia.edu/media/BSN_POS_06_14.pdf), you could reference these with the bursar website in order to get a description of where the classes are and what is learned. There are also nursing electives, which you similarly look up. However, you would have to talk to someone from the program to get a gauge of interaction with staff and whether or not the two may have met prior. But, it seems unlikely that classes would interact with low-level assistants in a "classroom" setting. It was also only the third week of her second year; so, how much of a relationship would have developed at that point anyways?

<mod snip>

I don't think she is a nursing student, despite what that article says. In UVA's directory she is listed as an undergrad in the school of arts and sciences and not in the school of nursing.

Sadly I think she is deceased. I'd like to think otherwise but it seems unlikely at this point.

I do like how LE is handling the investigation though, so I'm confident there will be answers soon enough.

PLEASE!!! START A MORGAN HARRINGTON THREAD so that we can concentrate on Hannah, here. This is beyond confusing. I don't want to see a perp sketch of MH's suspect here anymore. It takes up half the page and is not related to this case. THANKS JMO

We're all trying to connect the dots...Yes, it's Hannah's thread but it could be that there is a serial killer in the area and Hannah's POI is also Morgan's killer and I believe that is related. We're not randomly discussing a missing person from the opposite end of the country and for no reason. The connections made today are eerie. I will also say that there are MANY posts here that "take up 1/2 the page" or are of no interest to many of us... and when they are not of interest to me, I simply scroll on. JMO

Possible scenarios:

* HG left with JM in the car and he dropped her off near her home. She was then abducted by someone else.

* HG and JM parted ways at the bar and she walked home but was abducted by someone else. I doubt this as I think it's in character for JM to offer a ride.

* HG and JM parted ways and HG was approached by WG (Doorway Guy) or BBM (Bald Black Man) at the mall and taken away.

* HG and JM left together in the car for the party but couldn't find it. Hence, that last text. He offers to take her somewhere else where the crime occurred, either by him in the car or his home, or by someone else at a party for instance. This is what I currently think happened, but open to changing my mind. It could have been rape and murder, or an overdose that resulted in death....not sure without the body, of course.

* HG was targeted at the mall by sex slave ring (I doubt this, but maybe).

* HG and JM parted ways and she fell somewhere and died from overdose, injuries, etc.

* What other options?

It seems to me if JM, the POI Is the person responsible for Hannah's disappearance I doubt he deliberately harmed her. As if he was a serial abductor, and responsible for MH death I find it unlikely he would take his next victim from an area where he is a known entity and there are lots of cameras.

One part rings true with most serial killers or abductors.After awhile they get careless and cocky.Over confident.That is how they get caught,by slipping up.

Anyone know how often these big searches actually turn something up? Seems more often than not evidence is discovered randomly by someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa