VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not meant as victim shaming. I thought I made that perfectly clear. IMO LE needs to be looking at all possibilities, including known dealers in the area. That is what I was implying.

I apologize for misreading your intention. I agree with your clarified sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-bought-drinks-claims-did-NOT-drive-car.html
The 'person of interest' in the case of missing UVA student Hannah Graham admits that he bought her drinks but denies he drove off with her in

As previously & frequently mentioned: the Daily Mail quotes the grandmother as saying his mother told her that JL said...

1. The Daily Mail is notorious for inaccuracy, it's commonly known worldwide as the "Daily Fail" - another board I frequent (not crime related) bans it a an MSM source. It's considered almost a tabloid these days, although the original print edition was respectable in years (many) gone by. (I'm an expat Brit, so my attitude may be harsher than others here).

2. As paraphrased above, we don't know what exactly JL actually said.

3. At yesterday's presser, all that was said on the subject was "...he bought alcohol" (at Tempo). For all we know, he might have bought HG a coffee.

Here's the link to the presser, for the moment it's the only source I'm trusting because I've seen some really "creative" media reports in this case (cf at least 3 different versions of the text message)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zEwZzxbZyA

I'm mulling a whacky theory. I'll be back ;)

The quote re: buying her drinks but not driving off with her came from Jesse Matthew's grandmother. It's been circulating around several outlets. The exact quote his grandmother gave was:

"Matthew’s grandmother, Christine Carr, told MailOnline on Saturday: ‘I have been talking with his mother. ‘He said he went his way and she went hers. He told his mother he bought her some drinks. He said she did not get into his car. ‘The girl went her way and he went his.’ "

(From http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/...with-her-in-his-car.html#sthash.3ypSe7kB.dpuf)
With all due respect, that is fourth hand information. Personally, I'm skeptical.

JMO

My interpretation of what Longo meant is that LJM got out of his car at the mall and got back in it at the same place and someone had to see him leaving.

I hate to speculate, but its possible he took her to meet a dealer who got in the car and then out, and maybe, and god forbid, she overdosed on something..

The quote re: buying her drinks but not driving off with her came from Jesse Matthew's grandmother. It's been circulating around several outlets. The exact quote his grandmother gave was:

"Matthew’s grandmother, Christine Carr, told MailOnline on Saturday: ‘I have been talking with his mother. ‘He said he went his way and she went hers. He told his mother he bought her some drinks. He said she did not get into his car. ‘The girl went her way and he went his.’ "

(From http://www.georgianewsday.com/news/...with-her-in-his-car.html#sthash.3ypSe7kB.dpuf)
Oh, grandma.... smh.
Thank you!

With all due respect, that is fourth hand information. Personally, I'm skeptical.

JMO

Agree. I am also skeptical of any "good friend", etc who speaks to the media about the POI at this point. It's a high-profile case and you're likely to end up with his fifth cousin twice removed or a classmate from 15 years ago telling the media all about the POI as if they are the authority on his current life/habits in order to get 15 minutes in the spotlight.

There is absolutely no way to know he was leading her somewhere and quickly by the very short video clips we saw. It can be what you feel happened, your interpretation, etc. But that is definitely not everyone's.

I beg to differ. He had his arm around her, looked to be in complete control of where they were going, and they were moving quickly. If you disagree, that's fine.

Anybody local see the interview with someone close to JM? Was that tonight? We need an update!

Hmm I thought the Daily Mail was pretty good. For being across the pond they find out more than the local news does.
But that's JMO

The Daily Mail covers a lot of American news stories that our mainstream media won't touch. I like to read it for that reason - but they are pretty sloppy about the details sometimes.

I'm back home safe from the search and am finally caught up with the threads and checking in with not much information or insight to offer. The search seems to be well organized, they have divided the search area up into sections and sub sections, and send out groups each with a clearly defined area to search, and a group leader with a radio. If anything of potential interest is found they have you call it in on the radio, and give directions as to what to do.

I was team leader in our first group and was assigned a 2 block area just at the edge of campus and searched for about two hours, but found two wallets, and a broken cell phone, but nothing relevant to the case.

After that I went out in a second group, led by a search-and-rescue person from Ohio. We were assigned a more upscale residential area where we found nothing of interest.

After getting home I was watching the NBC national news, and one of the guys interviewed was a member of the team I lead.

I have heard rumors that some interesting items may have been found, but what I was hearing on the radio was things like <modsnip> or "We've lost three members of our search group"

@TrueCrimeSleuth-- if it turns out that you do believe you saw JM at the football practice Saturday morning, please contact LE. They will be very interested to talk to anyone who saw JM just hours after Hannah disappeared.

Unrelated-- I have had this gut feeling that perhaps Hannah was sniffling/softly crying while walking around the mall area. Possibly out of frustration if she was feeling lost. IMO, that would explain why WG felt she was physically distressed and was prompted to follow her and also perhaps why JM noticed her from across the grassy area and went to catch up to her. I am not totally sure whether either of these men had good intentions or bad at this point... but her showing vulnerability like that would certainly attract both white knights and predators.

Good point Dixie. I know when I've been lost sober I've definitely cried in full view of strangers and being lost drunk, I would be a mess. And I'm a grown woman long removed from college. So it's certainly possible her distress was obvious to others.

New poster here. I've been reading for 2 days trying to catch up, and I'm still 4 pages behind. I've wondered about something that I haven't seen come up yet.....well, if it has I've missed it.

Has anyone considered the possibility that JM noticed the <modsnip>WG watching Hannah, and he hurried to catch up with her to warn her? They even could have gone into Tempo to see if he would follow or just move on?

And the footage of him leaving alone as well. I'm so interested in finding out what led LE to his orange car.
I think BM led them to the car,indirectly of course. I feel they ID'd him from the video(supposedly known in the area, he stands out in a crowd,imo), that led to his vehicle(registration) which leads to his residence.

I beg to differ. He had his arm around her, looked to be in complete control of where they were going, and they were moving quickly. If you disagree, that's fine.

Right, that is called your interpretation.

Isn't hunting season coming up? I truly hope and pray she's found alive and soon, but if not there will be a lot of people in the woods in the next few months.

As previously & frequently mention: the Daily Mail quote the grandmother as saying his mother told her that JL said...

1. The Daily Mail is notorious for inaccuracy, it's commonly known worldwide as the "Daily Fail" - another board I frequent (not crime related) bans it a an MSM source.

2. As paraphrased above, we don't know what exactly JL actually said.

3. At yesterday's presser, all that was said on the subject was "...he bought alcohol" (at Tempo). For all we know, he might have bought HG a coffee.

Here's the link to the presser, for the moment it's the only source I'm trusting because I've seen some really "creative" media reports in this case (cf at least 3 different versions of the text message)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zEwZzxbZyA

I'm mulling a whacky theory. I'll be back ;)

My grandmothers, God rest their souls, thought I was an angel as well. If I had done something terribly wrong it wouldnt have surprised me if they blamed everything but me.

Just saying.......

No, sorry! Also, most iPhone users (like myself) have a security code. Without it, the only function available is 911.
Can an I phone if dropped text I am lost and give its location?

New poster here. I've been reading for 2 days trying to catch up, and I'm still 4 pages behind. I've wondered about something that I haven't seen come up yet.....well, if it has I've missed it.

Has anyone considered the possibility that JM noticed the <modsnip> WG watching Hannah, and he hurried to catch up with her to warn her? They even could have gone into Tempo to see if he would follow or just move on?

It is technically definitely possible. WG can't be the only one allowed to be concerned about her.

Yes, agreed that this is not a reliable source of information. I get that.
However, 'their version' of the events, would be very consistent with HG's actions, the entire evening. She seems very independent. Walked to and from a party by herself. Declined the offer of a friend (at the party), to walk her home. She doesn't walk home from party, but launches on this trek, again - alone. etc. And not once, did she ask any female or retail worker, for directions. Point being, for her to head off on foot, once again, seems consistent with her behavior that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member