VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is bizarre..I never heard of anyone who is a POI walking into a police station and requesting the LE to point you to an attorney. Seems bizarre to me...I could understand if you were brought in for questioning and then asked for an attorney.

This could be a situation where once they started talking to him he realized how much they potentially had on him and then realized he needed an attorney. Even if he comes in or is picked up on the outstanding warrants for Reckless Driving they will not be able to question him at all about hannah since he has asked for a lawyer

Been trying to think things out...please correct me if I am wrong..

We know that the WG came into the police station the night the videos were released (some say he had called the tip line prior but this was the first time he was interviewed)

The chief had said JM had come into the station as well..Could it be he came in after the chief indicated that the video shows only HG and her reflection? Maybe JM heard this and felt he was clear because he was not seen with her on video? Could he have been the one who gave the description of the person seen with her and not the WG? Did the chief specifically indicate that WG gave that description?

Once the chief got multiple phone calls that the reflection was actually, JM, thats when they started the warrant ball rolling?

Thoughts?

This is from Tempos website:

What are your opening hours?
We serve dinner Monday–Saturday from 5:00pm to 10pm. Our bar is open until midnight Monday through Thursday and until 1am on Friday and Saturday.

It says bar closes on 1am on Fridays and Saturdays. They got into I would say at 1:10 maybe the bar gave them just one drink and that explains why they are only in there for up to 15 minutes

No alcohol sales or drinking after 2 am in VA, so I assume their cutoff is 1. Strange they would serve after their cutoff, unless it wasn't alcoholic.

I hv a question in regards to the video where she walks up to the enclosed courtyard/rest/bar area...sorry whatever it is. There is a group of four men to the right of the camera who are leaving. If there is a gate right there and they walk out; they are the four who would have seen her just up ahead stumbling. Who are these four men? Have they come fwd yet? The threads hv been moving so fast...and then discussions about IUPG, which is reserved for the court room not boards or the public. Things have changed in our society and we no longer have "villages" and most do not care about trials or the justice system. It is way behind in technology as well as in law itself. The public, since no one even knows their own neighbors any longer, is not held to IUPG. The press is, and the jury and the court is. The general public is Not, and generally if they have enough info..they can figure out for themselves if a perp looks good for it. IT's common sense. Something we bring in to ever single case. When at work and when at home. Common sense tells me that those four men leaving the courtyard area on the cam had to have seen HG that night.

I think it is bizarre..I never heard of anyone who is a POI walking into a police station and requesting the LE to point you to an attorney. Seems bizarre to me...I could understand if you were brought in for questioning and then asked for an attorney.

You either get an attorney on your own or the court supplies you with an attorney. The police don't supply attorneys. He asked them to find him an attorney and they obliged. He consulted with the attorney for an hour or so, and my guess is that the attorney advised him to RETAIN an attorney before talking to police, which is good advice. So, thankyouverymuch, and he was outta there! Obviously, he did not retain that attorney. JMO

Or if he walked in and said I'll talk with an attorney present. I suspect the family members accompanying him had something to do with that.

IMO, I don't think JLM is incredible stupid or incredibly smart. I think he is just an average African-American guy who has grown-up in the South (as have the 2+ generations before him). IMO, he is a product of his community, which consists of many who believe LE cannot be trusted, and the less you talk/interact with them the better. Terrible to feel this way, but I see this sort of stuff all the time here. :(

Hannah is all I have thought about since I logged off late last night, well the wee hours. I was lurking and reading on my phone. Hannah was the first thing I thought about when I woke up this mor... umm afternoon. I think it was about 5am when I got to sleep.

And still, I just can't get my head around it.
Is JLM incredible stupid or incredibly smart
I don't understand why he hasn't spoken to police and cleared his name if he has nothing to hide
Is he scared, of LE, or someone else?
Can't shake the feeling someone else is involved and possibly the real SK
Maybe JLM is the 'pick up guy'
Can't decide if I love Chief Longos passion or if I want to scream stop, reel it in

Just thoughts running round my foggy mind, most importantly... WHERE IS HANNAH?

I have read every post on all of Hannah's threads but feel I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. I'm having a hard time with this case because it's the first case i have followed where I wasn't convinced immediately that the person named as a poi was the perpetrator. Logic tells me he most likely is involved based on the police pressers, the fact that police are saying he was the last person seen with her before she vanished, etc, but part of me believes they don't have video of Hannah getting into his car. I am also still Trying to reconcile the white male witness report that a black male with a shaved head was seen putting his arm around her and the white male witness then stopped following her because his description definitely is not what the poi looks like obviously..so basically, I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. Just praying for Hannah and her family and praying she is found and justice prevails.

I think the mods are just too busy at the moment. But, I will try my best to compile a post that has pertinent facts to this case and hopefull we can get it stickied.

I have nothing better to do today as I am a freelancer waiting for my next assignment to come through and I have a bit of an allergy fit today so I'm shut in the house with Benadryll, the cat, and a box of tissues. (my husband thinks I need a new hobby :D)

Stay tuned...

We know anecdotally that she knew McGrady's well as her ski team often went there. So once there she should have felt a feeling of starting to reorient herself (if she had been lost). She knew she was at a safe spot and could have asked the bouncer/doorman for directions. She didn't. I think the police know where she was between the time she left the apartments and when she arrived at McGradys. I think going there was intentional - not a chance happening after lost wandering for an hour. She doesn't act like someone relieved to have found a familiar landmark. IMO she was looking for someone. She looked on the patio then asked the bouncer if she could look inside (but was denied entrance). I also don't see her as stumbling drunk. Some of the McGrady video clips have been edited to make it look like she steps off the curb then back on the curb. That is spliced - she walks off the curb and is off camera for a couple minutes then returns. I am still undecided if her trip down the mall was intentional or if she became disoriented after leaving McGrady's.

[bbm]

Yes, I saw a longer version last night, and you are right. It's quite a while that she's off-screen. I still didn't see the part where she talked to a bouncer, though. Also, you can't tell from the video, but that road/path is slightly uphill (look at a street view), so one's gait would be different -- not saying she wasn't tipsy, but maybe not as bad as it appears.

For those who missed CNN this morning:

Longo said JM walked into the police station with family. He asked for a lawyer. They got in touch with a lawyer from their list who could come down. JM had a very cordial talk with an officer (not about HG) while waiting for the lawyer. The lawyer came, talked to JM, and then they left.

So, The only strange thing, is JM walking into the station asking for a lawyer. But, as someone who probably can't afford one it makes sense. He could have asked "Is there any way I can get a lawyer, do you have a list?" etc. That wouldn't be so strange at all.

I hv a question in regards to the video where she walks up to the enclosed courtyard/rest/bar area...sorry whatever it is. There is a group of four men to the right of the camera who are leaving. If there is a gate right there and they walk out; they are the four who would have seen her just up ahead stumbling. Who are these four men? Have they come fwd yet? The threads hv been moving so fast...and then discussions about IUPG, which is reserved for the court room not boards or the public. Things have changed in our society and we no longer have "villages" and most do not care about trials or the justice system. It is way behind in technology as well as in law itself. The public, since no one even knows their own neighbors any longer, is not held to IUPG. The press is, and the jury and the court is. The general public is Not, and generally if they have enough info..they can figure out for themselves if a perp looks good for it. IT's common sense. Something we bring in to ever single case. When at work and when at home. Common sense tells me that those four men leaving the courtyard area on the cam had to have seen HG that night.

Thank you for your comments about IUPG. I don't know how many people have told me from time to time, no you can't say that because IUPG (of course only when they think the person is innocent). I always answer to them that the criminal court has IUPG, not me. I don't have the power to put them in jail, little old me. :tantrum:

Or if he walked in and said I'll talk with an attorney present. I suspect the family members accompanying him had something to do with that.

And he may not have said anything about talking one way or the other........JMO

Random thought time:

Can't help but think the Police might want to investigate the two sexual assaults that occurred the same weekend that HG went missing - one of them on the same night at practically the same location where HG texted someone saying she was lost. 14th and Wertland.

Report on sexual assaults:
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26576293/police-investigate-sexual-assault-incidents

Strange? Police have said there is no connection. But if that's the case, then this is probably the biggest coincidence of all time. What if the 'text' sent by HG was an attempt to bait her female friends to come out looking for her. Like I said, just a thought....

I think the gas station camera picked her up once. Running/ turbo walking towards downtown mall
turbo walking while intoxicated? this is where adrenaline kicks in...I haven't seen all the videos and wish we had all the press statements and timeline in one post that we could refer to with video links. Starting new threads continually loses and mixes up the info. DK why this is still done, there is no bandwidth issue..seems like a control issue to me. JMO. I agree we need someone to write up the timline with the presser links and cam cctv links in one main media no discussion post so we can all refer to it. Has anyone done this yet?

This could be a situation where once they started talking to him he realized how much they potentially had on him and then realized he needed an attorney. Even if he comes in or is picked up on the outstanding warrants for Reckless Driving they will not be able to question him at all about hannah since he has asked for a lawyer

Possibly but the way it was phrased made it sound as though he came into the police station for the sole purpose of requesting an attorney and that he did not speak with them in regard to anything else.

No alcohol sales or drinking after 2 am in VA, so I assume their cutoff is 1. Strange they would serve after their cutoff, unless it wasn't alcoholic.

Just remember this is a college town, a lot of times bars in those locations don't always follow the rules. I live in Harrisonburg, another college town, and only an hour away from Charlottesville and when I was younger and out partying I've been served alcohol on many occasions after 2 am, even after the bar is officially closed, we've had many of places lose their liquor license and subsequently close after breaking similar laws. Also last call is usually around 1:30 am to 1:45 am. I know Tempos hours are until 1 am, but many times places like that will stay open longer if they are still busy, it's not illegal until after 2 am anyways.

This is from Tempos website:

What are your opening hours?
We serve dinner Monday–Saturday from 5:00pm to 10pm. Our bar is open until midnight Monday through Thursday and until 1am on Friday and Saturday.

It says bar closes on 1am on Fridays and Saturdays. They got into I would say at 1:10 maybe the bar gave them just one drink and that explains why they are only in there for up to 15 minutes

TY for that!!!

Do you have a link? Not doubting you, just want to see what they said.

No, I don't but it's buried somewhere here way back in the beginning, as I have been following since very early on. I wish I had time to search for it, but I don't. Sorry. Maybe someone else can round it up. Im growing weary of what I'm reading here. I'm hesitant to post at all anymore afraid that my frustrations will come through. The waters (facts) have gotten muddied here since the beginning, which is, I realize, precisely why we need the links. Simply put, as has been mentioned up thread, a sticky page with known facts would be helpful at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member