VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he said 'We have them leaving Tempo'. NOT we have video of them leaving Tempo' or 'we have eyewitness accounts of them leaving Tempo' The statement was vague and open.

Right after the question was asked about having footage, Jim says I'm not going to comment on the car, but we do have them after they left the Tempo Restaurant.

So that to me sounds like they have footage, since the question was asked about surveillance footage, and not about eye witnesses.

Or he walked in simply to pickup his car and they told him he was a suspect and they wanted to question him! he did the wise thing and asked for a lawyer.

Listening to Hannah's story being profiled by @AshleighBanfield on @CNN's Legal View now via SiriusXM satellite radio in my car.

Pulled over to post and subscribe to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longo must be really mad that LE allowed JM to speed off and lost him.

JMO

Personally, I get the idea that the whole situation there is sketchy. Not necessarily in a bad way, because it could work out better for JM. When Longo was on CNN this morning it didn't sound at all like he evaded police intentionally. This is just my theory, but this is a guy with a history of a bad driving record. He had been to the police station, wanted a lawyer, they thought maybe he had not retained that lawyer (because no money). Perhaps Longo said "We need to talk to him, lets help him get a lawyer. Watch him and see what he does while driving". So they are following him, at another location see him get into a car and speed off, maybe not use a turn signal. (Longo said this morning he got into a car and sped off. He wasn't really aware of the particulars of the incident).

At that point, they issue the warrant for the reckless driving. They hold a press conference to put it out there that he has a warrant, hoping that now that he can be charged with something he will know he can get a public defender and come back in.

Right after the question was asked about having footage, Jim says I'm not going to comment on the car, but we do have them after they left the Tempo Restaurant.

So that to me sounds like they have footage, since the question was asked about surveillance footage, and not about eye witnesses.

That's what I took from it also

1. Do people know there are plenty of cameras in that area? If so, wouldn't the POI know he would be seen on camera? He sure was not hiding that he was with her.

2. I was walking in the woods where I live. There are lots of paths that are groomed, but we ended up going on an animal trail and it was a nightmare of walking over brush and falling trees and rocks.

Even though the POI is big , HG is not a small person. I cannot see him carrying her far into the woods.

3. What is the soil like there? Here it would be impossible to dig because of tree roots, other vegetation roots and rocks. So burying someone where I live would be really hard unless there was a hole dug already.

4. When I was walking in our woods, we ended up climbing up a high high hill which then had a steep descent to a river.
I was thinking how easy it would be just to throw someone off the side of a steep hill or mountainside , hopefully where they would keep rolling and falling and not be caught on underbrush. But it would have to be someplace easily accessed without carrying a person very far.

5. If she was put in water, eventually parts would fill with gas and rise, unless stuck underwater on something . But then parts would come off. Sorry to be so graphic.

6. Are they looking for carrion birds circling anywhere?

Do we know for a fact that the white guy who went to police about HG is the one who ducks into the alcove and follows her? Or could he be the larger heavyset guy at the other end of the court, or one of the younger guys in the group?
Exactly, we tend to forget there are TWO WGuys following HG at some point on the mall.

But wouldn't u get a lawyer and let that Lawyer proclaim your innocence?
Would u go on the run?
Don't you think that makes matters worse for yourself?

I understand what your saying but running wont help him. JMO

The fact they're resorting to trumping up unrelated charges on him shows the type of "good ole boys" our POI is up against, regardless of whether he's guilty or innocent of murder.

it sounds to you like they have footage, but he still didn't explicitly say that they have footage.

Up until the reckless driving situation, it appears he tried to get a lawyer and could not retain one.

He did? where did u read that?
Not so sure about that.

This is a missing persons case I do think someone would have jumped at the chance.
but that's just MO

It is absolutely possible. It was my first assumption when I first heard about the case. If the river was closer I'd be even more inclined to think so...but then again she did walk a lot.

Could very well be an accident that happened when she was alone. I was thinking that after searchers scoured the area we could rule that out BUT I recall one searcher saying the area was so dense and terrain so rough that she felt they could have missed something. Plus, as horrible as this sounds, the stench of a body would be covered by a river.

...Look at the videos. There is NO OTHER FEMALE walking alone! Who was Hannah going to meet or who was she looking for? Was it JM? Was it someone she was secretly seeing or had a crush on? In my opinion, she had a purpose of going there alone, and her gait and brisk movements show it (as opposed to being lost).

Edited by me to focus discussion.

She seemed to be in a rush from the very start of the evening. If you look at the video of her in the hall of her apartment she looks like she is half running.

He did? where did u read that?
Not so sure about that.

This is a missing persons case I do think someone would have jumped at the chance.
but that's just MO

They had a whole press conference yesterday about how he came into the station and wanted a lawyer. He met with one, and then they left. That is a fact, from Longo. The reckless driving happened after that. So, up until the reckless driving situation he tried to get a lawyer.

We have surveillance video stills of outside Tempo. What they probably mean, and where the confusions lies, is the video shows them leaving together but once out of frame they do not know what happened and need witness statements. Did they go separate ways or did she get in his car? No idea. Because there is no video of that part. Then later video captures him driving away in his car but they can't tell if there was a passenger(s) and if so was it her/or one of them her.

To the person suggesting the sketch from the Harrington case may be that of someone who is Arab. You can put that theory to rest. There was a previous witness who was attacked by this man and she says he is African-American. More importantly, the DNA is that of an African-American.

Could very well be an accident that happened when she was alone. I was thinking that after searchers scoured the area we could rule that out BUT I recall one searcher saying the area was so dense and terrain so rough that she felt they could have missed something. Plus, as horrible as this sounds, the stench of a body would be covered by a river.

I'm always amazed at how many young college students find themselves missing as a result of an accident and end up so close by!

Hey Cherry Pie,

If you read the latest news, you'll see that the POI is a black make born in the UK, but has lived here in the US since he was a child (don't know if he'd refer to himself as AA as a result)....

Is this true? I haven't heard that JM is originally from the UK. That could be another point of connection between he and HG. I'm not sure whether she was born in England or not, but her parents were.

To the person suggesting the sketch from the Harrington case may be that of someone who is Arab. You can put that theory to rest. There was a previous witness who was attacked by this man and she says he is African-American. More importantly, the DNA is that of an African-American.

Not to mention member who posted this says that the MH and HG sketches match dead on.....there was no sketch released in association with this HG case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname